Author Topic: rob the robot  (Read 1402 times)

rob the robot
« on: May 11, 2014, 02:37:07 pm »
Recently it popped in my head that I want a rob. But one thing I'm seeing.... No deluxe CIB everyone wants 1000+ and the deluxe ones under 500$. Now I'm not gonna pay close to that but this is something I must be lost with... Does it have to do with the 3 screw gyromite? Someone please shed some light for me here
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: rob the robot
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 02:42:14 pm »
I know it's this cool piece of Nintendo history and all, but still, it's absolutely mind-boggling that these things go for that much but it only works with 2 freaking games!

thecrypticodor

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 03:30:55 pm »
It was really nothing more than a gimmick when it came out and it's nothing more than a curiosity/collectible now. If you want one merely for the sake of collecting than so be it, just know that aside from occasionally looking at it on a shelf there's really not much if any fun to be had with it.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 04:39:04 pm »
Yeah I know its nothing special buy does anyone know what's up with the deluxe and non deluxe?
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 06:58:27 pm »
I was looking for one for a while too but a complete ROB set even without packaging is too high for my blood.

soera

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 08:50:08 am »
Anything NES related is way way overpriced and probably is going to be that way for a while. I have a ROB that I picked up at a thrift store for a dollar. It was tossed into the toy bin. I dont know if it works ... its missing all the additional pieces including the battery cover but I couldnt care less. To me, ROB is nothing more than a silly display reminiscent of NES past and their gimmicks. For a dollar, he does a good job of that right now.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 12:02:08 pm »
Anything NES related is way way overpriced and probably is going to be that way for a while. I have a ROB that I picked up at a thrift store for a dollar. It was tossed into the toy bin. I dont know if it works ... its missing all the additional pieces including the battery cover but I couldnt care less. To me, ROB is nothing more than a silly display reminiscent of NES past and their gimmicks. For a dollar, he does a good job of that right now.