Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 233573 times)

argyle

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1140 on: July 20, 2016, 06:03:01 pm »
Updated! (I actually updated last week too, but I forgot to post here to let everyone know  :-[)

A few new release dates and a special edition announced for Valkyrie Drive that's exclusive to Rice Digital (Not familiar with them? Me either! So I put a link to them in the game's details ;) ). 

I also added Pokemon Sun & Moon to the list. Hardly niche, but definitely an RPG. I gotta admit, playing Go (or trying to, since it constantly locks up...) has got me itching to play a new "real" Pokemon. I skipped out on Alpha & Omega, so I'm definitely due for a fix.  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #1141 on: July 20, 2016, 06:36:23 pm »
Rice Digital (Not familiar with them? Me either! So I put a link to them in the game's details ;) ). 

I didn't know anything about them either until recently, but I noticed that they did an exclusive NA release of the first Steins;Gate CE and they provide worldwide shipping. Pretty handy when they have sales and such and some interesting goodies I hadn't seen elsewhere.

Shipping materials could've been a little better (padded envelope for 2 games with cardboard outer boxes and two smaller jewelry box-sized items, and everything was tumbling around inside freely) but the items weren't damaged, so I couldn't complain really.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1142 on: July 21, 2016, 11:12:19 am »
Their shipping seems pretty steep tho, unless it was just the game I checked (the Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator CE, which includes 2 vinyl LPs). $20 to ship.

EDIT: World of Final Fantasy CE just announced, S-E store exclusive. This game looks to be amazing, it's very high on my most-wanted list.

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® COLLECTOR’S EDITION

Exclusive pop-up book featuring various scenes from the game brought to life through striking 3D paper cut-outs

As you open the pop-up book, uncover some fantastic physical content concealed in the book itself including:
  • WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® for your PS4® system
  • Special 80-page hardback artbook showing off the stunning World of Final Fantasy creative direction
  • Original soundtrack featuring enchanting music from the game
  • Set of three mini figurines including the legendary Cloud, Lightning and Squall (respective heights: 49.4mm - 39.7mm - 48mm)

This Collector's Edition also includes the following extra digital bonus content:
  • Sephiroth summon
  • White Chocobo Mirage
  • Glow Moogle Mirage
  • Red Tonberry Mirage
  • Japanese VO DLC: play the game with the Japanese voice-over

$119.99 + s/h
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:14:38 pm by argyle »
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #1143 on: July 21, 2016, 12:14:33 pm »
Their shipping seems pretty steep tho, unless it was just the game I checked (the Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator CE, which includes 2 vinyl LPs). $20 to ship.

Huh, I paid $5 total for the shipping of the previously mentioned CEs, but they were fairly small compared to something like a vinyl or a bigger CE.

It was also during a sale, so maybe that was why?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #1144 on: July 21, 2016, 12:36:29 pm »

EDIT: World of Final Fantasy CE just announced, S-E store exclusive. This game looks to be amazing, it's very high on my most-wanted list.

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® COLLECTOR’S EDITION

Exclusive pop-up book featuring various scenes from the game brought to life through striking 3D paper cut-outs

As you open the pop-up book, uncover some fantastic physical content concealed in the book itself including:
  • WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® for your PS4® system
  • Special 80-page hardback artbook showing off the stunning World of Final Fantasy creative direction
  • Original soundtrack featuring enchanting music from the game
  • Set of three mini figurines including the legendary Cloud, Lightning and Squall (respective heights: 49.4mm - 39.7mm - 48mm)

This Collector's Edition also includes the following extra digital bonus content:
  • Sephiroth summon
  • White Chocobo Mirage
  • Glow Moogle Mirage
  • Red Tonberry Mirage
  • Japanese VO DLC: play the game with the Japanese voice-over

$119.99 + s/h

I hate you.. im trying not to spend money here....
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

argyle

« Reply #1145 on: July 21, 2016, 12:39:31 pm »

My best friend tells me the exact same thing all the time. :P

desocietas

« Reply #1146 on: July 21, 2016, 01:36:18 pm »

My best friend tells me the exact same thing all the time. :P

Heh, if anything, the Day One Edition and another arbook edition will be the same price as the regular standard game.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1147 on: July 21, 2016, 02:00:16 pm »
BTW, I'm planning on canceling my preorder for The Last Guardian CE since I don't wanna get 2 CE's in the same month & I don't have a huge interest in that game anyway. So if anyone here missed out on it & wants it, shoot me a PM. :)

desocietas

« Reply #1148 on: July 21, 2016, 06:56:48 pm »
http://store.nisamerica.com/harvest-moon-skytree-village-limited-edition

Ugh, I didn't really want to preorder this game, but damn my obsession with LEs/CEs.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #1149 on: July 21, 2016, 08:17:34 pm »

Ugh, I didn't really want to preorder this game, but damn my obsession with LEs/CEs.

Same, but doesnt the game look kind of subpar?...
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #1150 on: July 21, 2016, 08:51:04 pm »
Yeah, I heard that the last " Harvest Moon" developed by Tabot was not good.
Probably because the developer of the real Harvest Moon games, Marvelous, now title their series Story of Seasons under the publishing of XSEED.

desocietas

« Reply #1151 on: July 21, 2016, 11:04:20 pm »

Game definitely looks subpar. I watched the trailer and was like SKIP. But CEs tempt me so. I figured I could preorder and just cancel later. If anything, it's not that expensive.

Looking forward to playing Story of Seasons when I have the time. I also heard the last Harvest Moon game from Natsume was not good.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

necrosexual

« Reply #1152 on: July 24, 2016, 12:16:38 am »

Game definitely looks subpar. I watched the trailer and was like SKIP. But CEs tempt me so. I figured I could preorder and just cancel later. If anything, it's not that expensive.

Looking forward to playing Story of Seasons when I have the time. I also heard the last Harvest Moon game from Natsume was not good.

SoS was lovely. i haven't had interest in the series since magical melody  because they changed a lot of things here and there (i p much refuse to pick one up if it's individual crops vs 3x3 planting, just requires too much effort and tbh, i play the games for lack of challenge, they're usually very chill games for me but every 1x1 crop planting game has had more challenge due to stamina and stuff) but then i watched footage of SoS via linandko and decided to buy it.
game is good. i can ignore the frame rate drops tho... some cant.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

azure

« Reply #1153 on: July 24, 2016, 10:13:14 pm »

SoS was lovely. i haven't had interest in the series since magical melody  because they changed a lot of things here and there (i p much refuse to pick one up if it's individual crops vs 3x3 planting, just requires too much effort and tbh, i play the games for lack of challenge, they're usually very chill games for me but every 1x1 crop planting game has had more challenge due to stamina and stuff) but then i watched footage of SoS via linandko and decided to buy it.
game is good. i can ignore the frame rate drops tho... some cant.

I haven't been too interested since MM either.

« Reply #1154 on: July 25, 2016, 12:52:13 pm »
I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

But Summon Night 6 is up for preorder

http://www.gaijinworks.com/SN6_WE_orders.htm