Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 233363 times)

desocietas

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1185 on: August 25, 2016, 08:58:19 pm »
Wasn't sure where to post this, I remember a few users having a discussion about this at ZTD's release. I figured most of the users waiting on their watch would also frequent this thread.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/25/zero-time-dilemma-pre-order-bonus-watches-will-arrive-retailers-soon/

We will be receiving our pre-order watches soon for those who have been waiting like me.

Sweeeet. I'd been meaning to check up on aksys danny to see if he had any updates. Thanks!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1186 on: August 26, 2016, 09:04:21 am »
I completely forgot about the watches until I got an email from Game Stop.

Oh well. Better late than never.

argyle

« Reply #1187 on: August 29, 2016, 11:16:03 am »
SAO: Hollow Realization finally has a US release date....Nov. 8.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #1188 on: August 31, 2016, 12:07:11 pm »
Updated!  ;D
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #1189 on: September 01, 2016, 03:21:48 pm »
Exist Archive cover art may have been revealed through Amazon... looks good!

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1190 on: September 01, 2016, 03:40:49 pm »
Damn that looks pretty. The question is which version do I get? The Vita can always use some extra love and I like the idea of taking the game on the go. On the other hand, it'd be fun to play a Valkyrie Profile-esque title on the television like the good ol' days.

argyle

« Reply #1191 on: September 02, 2016, 12:27:37 pm »
That IS a really nice cover! I'm looking forward to playing that one, but it's not gonna be a release day purchase for me - too much coming out this Fall.

« Reply #1192 on: September 02, 2016, 02:20:24 pm »
I just got Shiren The Wanderer Series 20th Anniversary Hardcover Art Book and i'm a disappointed with it.
The box didn't look anything like a collector's item.  The colors are so faded.
Argh..

desocietas

« Reply #1193 on: September 02, 2016, 02:38:20 pm »
I just got Shiren The Wanderer Series 20th Anniversary Hardcover Art Book and i'm a disappointed with it.
The box didn't look anything like a collector's item.  The colors are so faded.
Argh..

Aw, that sucks. I haven't opened up my box yet to look at the contents. From the video, it looks ok, but they don't show much of it (42 seconds in):

If anything, I don't usually think artbooks in a boxed collection as much more than just a little swag thing. They're rarely nice enough to buy separately, though I really liked the add-on book that came with preorders for Etrian Odyssey III.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:43:05 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1194 on: September 03, 2016, 03:07:37 pm »
how do i insert image on this post?
I see the image icon.

Thanks

argyle

« Reply #1195 on: September 05, 2016, 08:33:01 pm »
You have to have a url to the image, so if it's a personal pic & not something that's currently online you'd have to upload it to a hosting service (photobucket, etc.) and get the link from there, then paste that between the img tags that the image button creates.

Did anyone here pickup God Eater 2? If so, how is it?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1196 on: September 05, 2016, 09:04:45 pm »
You have to have a url to the image, so if it's a personal pic & not something that's currently online you'd have to upload it to a hosting service (photobucket, etc.) and get the link from there, then paste that between the img tags that the image button creates.

I've been playing the PS4 version and having a lot of fun with it, however I do wish the controls were rebind-able especially with selecting items cause it's click the right side of the touch pad, cycle through with R1 &L1, then press the select button(can't remember witch face button) where the R2 & L2 are never used and would just like to be able to use those to bring up the Item menu and cycle through with those at any time.

argyle

« Reply #1197 on: September 06, 2016, 12:19:40 pm »

I've been playing the PS4 version and having a lot of fun with it, however I do wish the controls were rebind-able especially with selecting items cause it's click the right side of the touch pad, cycle through with R1 &L1, then press the select button(can't remember witch face button) where the R2 & L2 are never used and would just like to be able to use those to bring up the Item menu and cycle through with those at any time.

I know it's Monster Hunter-esque, but is it as multiplayer focused as that game is or is it more single player?

desocietas

« Reply #1198 on: September 06, 2016, 01:43:39 pm »

I know it's Monster Hunter-esque, but is it as multiplayer focused as that game is or is it more single player?

I'd say it's more like Freedom Wars than MH... Haven't played it yet, so I'm just basing it on what I've seen :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1199 on: September 06, 2016, 01:54:55 pm »
Freedom Wars - that's a name I haven't heard in a while! :) Hrm, sounds like I might need to watch some more videos...