Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 233588 times)

maximo310

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1245 on: October 07, 2016, 07:06:23 pm »
Man, $150 for that CE is unfortunately out of my price range, despite the fact that the game looks to be quite a bit better than Zesteria ( + 60 fps gameplay as well).

davifus

« Reply #1246 on: October 07, 2016, 07:09:35 pm »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #1247 on: October 07, 2016, 11:40:45 pm »
Man, $150 for that CE is unfortunately out of my price range, despite the fact that the game looks to be quite a bit better than Zesteria ( + 60 fps gameplay as well).

Yeah, the Tales CE's have been steadily going up in price with each subsequent game. :( I...I just don't know about this one. Not only have I still not finished Xillia 2 or even started Zesteria, there is a LOT coming out between Jan-Feb next year. I'm already committed to the P5 & Horizon: Zero Dawn CE's. Also expecting one for RE7, and as much as I'm anticipating that game if it's a good set that's reasonably priced then I'll bite.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #1248 on: October 08, 2016, 09:14:43 am »
I didn't think they'd sell out so quickly on Amazon!

ffxik

« Reply #1249 on: October 08, 2016, 04:08:28 pm »

It's supposedly limited to 10,000 units which means ebay will be flooded with overpriced CE's come January/February.  It'll be Ni No Kuni all over again.

kashell

« Reply #1250 on: October 10, 2016, 08:29:03 am »

It's supposedly limited to 10,000 units which means ebay will be flooded with overpriced CE's come January/February.  It'll be Ni No Kuni all over again.

Didn't something similar happen with Tales of Zestiria? Eventually, Amazon got some more.

argyle

« Reply #1251 on: October 10, 2016, 04:38:09 pm »
Touhou Genso Wanderer (PS4) physical edition comes with Touhou Double Focus, also physical & on its own disk. LE also announced, includes full soundtracks for BOTH games - 6 CDs total!  :o

Limited Edition Includes:
• Collector's Box
• Touhou Genso Wanderer Game for PS4™ (Physical Disc)
• Touhou Double Focus Game for PS4™ (Physical Disc)
• 90-Track, 4-Disc Touhou Genso Wanderer OST
• 26-Track, 2-Disc Touhou Double Focus OST
• Full-color, 68-Page Hardcover Touhou Genso Wanderer Art Book
• Full-color, 16-Page Softcover Touhou Double Focus Art Book
• Acrylic Standee (6.5" x 3" x 2")
• Reversible cover

$80 w/ free shipping from NISA: http://store.nisamerica.com/touhou-genso-wanderer-limited-edition-ps4

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #1252 on: October 10, 2016, 04:53:24 pm »
Not sure if someone else had already mentioned this, but I just heard about this CE today:
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-0-ps4-amadeus-edition-collectors-edition

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1253 on: October 10, 2016, 05:03:58 pm »
Touhou Genso Wanderer (PS4) physical edition comes with Touhou Double Focus, also physical & on its own disk. LE also announced, includes full soundtracks for BOTH games - 6 CDs total!  :o

Limited Edition Includes:
• Collector's Box
• Touhou Genso Wanderer Game for PS4™ (Physical Disc)
• Touhou Double Focus Game for PS4™ (Physical Disc)
• 90-Track, 4-Disc Touhou Genso Wanderer OST
• 26-Track, 2-Disc Touhou Double Focus OST
• Full-color, 68-Page Hardcover Touhou Genso Wanderer Art Book
• Full-color, 16-Page Softcover Touhou Double Focus Art Book
• Acrylic Standee (6.5" x 3" x 2")
• Reversible cover

$80 w/ free shipping from NISA: http://store.nisamerica.com/touhou-genso-wanderer-limited-edition-ps4

80 dollars seem really cheap for that! That sounds like a steal!

argyle

« Reply #1254 on: October 10, 2016, 05:21:40 pm »
80 dollars seem really cheap for that! That sounds like a steal!

That's exactly what I thought. It doesn't hurt that I have a $18 credit w/ NISA. ;)

argyle

« Reply #1255 on: October 10, 2016, 10:51:30 pm »
Wow...has anyone here played Fairy Fencer F: ADF? Because I need some help.  :-[

I've been having no trouble at all in this game, playing on Normal difficulty, until now. I'm at the last optional boss that Lola sends you to, the Imperial Gold Dragon. There's a trophy for beating him w/ just guys in your party...but I can't beat him at all! He absolutely wipes the floor with me. At the start of the round, before I can do anything he does a nasty attack that flat-out kills half my party.  My guys are all in the lvl 48-51 range, and I thought I was a touch over-leveled thanks to some farming I had done for some of the side quest items and WP. But I just don't know what to do here. I tried looking up some YouTube vids, but they all seem to be from the PS3 version and they MUST have made this guy significantly harder - ever one of their fights starts with him doing a measly swipe attack that barely scratches anyone. Definitely NOT what I'm seeing.

So does anyone have some pointers, or can at least point me to some help somewhere? :)

kashell

« Reply #1256 on: October 11, 2016, 08:32:28 am »
Damn, that sounds tough. Unfortunately, I won't be of much help. I'm sure you've already tried GameFAQs, but what about playstationtrophies.org? Is there a trophy guide on there at all for Dark Advent?

argyle

« Reply #1257 on: October 11, 2016, 10:00:18 am »
Damn, that sounds tough. Unfortunately, I won't be of much help. I'm sure you've already tried GameFAQs, but what about playstationtrophies.org? Is there a trophy guide on there at all for Dark Advent?

Everything I can find on both sites is for the PS3 version. :( I finally ended up dropping the difficulty to Amatuer (that's even below easy  :-[) just for that fight. I'll try for the trophy during New Game +, whenever I do that run. It accomplished the main thing I was after anyway, that was the last of the sidequests so since I finished it -------------------- . I'm in the final run-up to the end now, just wanna finish off the rest of the tavern jobs which hopefully won't take too long.

How do you do spoiler tags here?  ???
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:10:17 am by argyle »

kashell

« Reply #1258 on: October 11, 2016, 10:37:10 am »

Everything I can find on both sites is for the PS3 version. :( I finally ended up dropping the difficulty to Amatuer (that's even below easy  :-[) just for that fight. I'll try for the trophy during New Game +, whenever I do that run. It accomplished the main thing I was after anyway, that was the last of the sidequests so since I finished it -------------------- . I'm in the final run-up to the end now, just wanna finish off the rest of the tavern jobs which hopefully won't take too long.

I don't think we can do spoiler tags here. I usually just do a *SPOILERS BELOW* type of message before writing anything.

« Reply #1259 on: October 11, 2016, 10:38:28 am »

I don't think we can do spoiler tags here. I usually just do a *SPOILERS BELOW* type of message before writing anything.
I believe there is a spoiler mod for SMF, but you'd have to convince an admin to install it on the site.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=195
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:41:16 am by ignition365 »