Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 233312 times)

argyle

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1350 on: February 18, 2017, 12:29:47 am »
Oh, wow - awesome localization announcements from NISA tonight! I'm psyched about Ys VIII for the PS4, and the Collector's Edition looks very nice - but I'm most psyched about Culdcept for the 3DS. I adore Culdcept, and had given up hope on that one coming over. So happy!  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #1351 on: February 18, 2017, 01:06:55 am »
Oh, wow - awesome localization announcements from NISA tonight! I'm psyched about Ys VIII for the PS4, and the Collector's Edition looks very nice - but I'm most psyched about Culdcept for the 3DS. I adore Culdcept, and had given up hope on that one coming over. So happy!  ;D

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the press event and Culdcept and Ys VIII blew me away. Definitely wasn't expecting the two of those. So many good things! Also spent a little hands on time with Birthdays the Beginning. Was nice to actually figure out what that game was about.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #1352 on: February 18, 2017, 01:15:58 am »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMMMMMM
GGGGGGGGGGGGGG

YS VIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh pre-ordered. That NISA limited edition is beautiful. I can not freaking wait!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 06:49:56 pm by soera »

kashell

« Reply #1353 on: February 18, 2017, 05:20:33 pm »
And Ys VIII has been pre-ordered. Naturally, I went with the Vita version so Ys: MoC can have some company.

desocietas

« Reply #1354 on: February 23, 2017, 12:03:02 pm »
I thought this was pretty neat: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/merchandise/collectors-boxes

Some recent CEs have basically just been the standard base game in addition to a separate box of goodies. Rice Digital is offering the CE box of goodies (without the game) for those who were interested. As much as I'd prefer to have a special collector's box that houses everything, it's nice to have the option to basically "create" your own CE after already buying a standard edition of the game. Sometimes I want more than one of a goodie but don't want to buy another copy of the game, for instance.

If anything, it sucks that RD's shipping has gone up so much. That's the only thing that prevents me from using them more often. $20 for the goodies isn't bad at all, though, especially considering how much I paid for it at launch.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:07:33 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #1355 on: February 23, 2017, 02:42:38 pm »
I thought this was pretty neat: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/merchandise/collectors-boxes

Some recent CEs have basically just been the standard base game in addition to a separate box of goodies. Rice Digital is offering the CE box of goodies (without the game) for those who were interested. As much as I'd prefer to have a special collector's box that houses everything, it's nice to have the option to basically "create" your own CE after already buying a standard edition of the game. Sometimes I want more than one of a goodie but don't want to buy another copy of the game, for instance.

If anything, it sucks that RD's shipping has gone up so much. That's the only thing that prevents me from using them more often. $20 for the goodies isn't bad at all, though, especially considering how much I paid for it at launch.

Ugggh, that's super lame.

Damn, only if they had the gal gun double peace box. My box got ruined De_stroyed when they shipped it in a thin cardboard box and USPS left it in the Rain. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... and Ricedigital won't sent me a new box and their only option of making it up was €2 or the Metal Upa Figure toy.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:55:56 pm by desocietas »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #1356 on: February 24, 2017, 10:58:40 am »
Tell me if I'm wrong... but Ys Origin physical up on Play Asia for (PS4/Vita) with English subtitles

http://www.play-asia.com/ys-origin-multi-language/13/70aylv?affiliate_id=16202

kashell

« Reply #1357 on: February 24, 2017, 11:06:18 am »
Tell me if I'm wrong... but Ys Origin physical up on Play Asia for (PS4/Vita) with English subtitles

Woah...looks like the real thing. Is the US not going a physical release?

EDIT: Order placed. Who woulda thunk it?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:16:17 am by kashell »

« Reply #1358 on: February 24, 2017, 11:10:59 am »

Woah...looks like the real thing. Is the US not going a physical release?
With Ys VIII getting a physical and LRG working with DotEmu, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a physical release in some manner, but sounds like this would work for folks who just want to play it with a physical copy...

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1359 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:15 pm »
Blue Rider is getting a limited (2,500 copies) physical run through Playasia. Pre-orders will begin on March 10th. The link below lets you put in your email to get a pre-order link.

https://www.play-asia.com/info/bluerider

argyle

« Reply #1360 on: March 09, 2017, 02:36:37 pm »
Whew, finally updated! Been a hectic couple of weeks - I actually started the update a couple of times before today. :P 

And, well...then Zelda....  :-[ ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #1361 on: March 09, 2017, 02:54:38 pm »
Whew, finally updated! Been a hectic couple of weeks - I actually started the update a couple of times before today. :P 

And, well...then Zelda....  :-[ ;)

I'm sure the hardest part about updating is that you're also playing games in your free time ;)

Thanks for the update!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #1362 on: March 09, 2017, 10:47:59 pm »
Blue Rider is getting a limited (2,500 copies) physical run through Playasia. Pre-orders will begin on March 10th. The link below lets you put in your email to get a pre-order link.

https://www.play-asia.com/info/bluerider

I got my order in. It took about 20 minutes to finally open up and when it did, it only charged for the shipping. Not sure whats going to happen now.

desocietas

« Reply #1363 on: March 14, 2017, 06:09:22 pm »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1364 on: March 15, 2017, 06:05:33 pm »
Updated! :)

I am unbelievably happy that Culdcept Revolt is getting localized, and I'm definitely getting the LE. My best friend and I were pushers of the original game, I think almost every single local copy sold to people we knew. :P  Yep...I am so excited for that game that I completely forgot to add it to the list until just now.  :-[

I actually have quite a few imports on order right now. I have one order of Super Robot Wars V and River City Melee that will ship later this week once RCM releases (the 18th is what Play-Asia says). And I just placed another this past weekend for Blue Rider, Ys Origin and Slain: Back From Hell (EU import which is why I didn't list it here, but looks awesome). Loving region free & companies releasing games physically in English overseas when they won't get that treatment here.