Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 233158 times)

desocietas

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1365 on: March 15, 2017, 07:05:03 pm »
Updated! :)

I am unbelievably happy that Culdcept Revolt is getting localized, and I'm definitely getting the LE. My best friend and I were pushers of the original game, I think almost every single local copy sold to people we knew. :P  Yep...I am so excited for that game that I completely forgot to add it to the list until just now.  :-[

I actually have quite a few imports on order right now. I have one order of Super Robot Wars V and River City Melee that will ship later this week once RCM releases (the 18th is what Play-Asia says). And I just placed another this past weekend for Blue Rider, Ys Origin and Slain: Back From Hell (EU import which is why I didn't list it here, but looks awesome). Loving region free & companies releasing games physically in English overseas when they won't get that treatment here.

The LE looks good - I'll be preordering that soon; hopefully there will be another item I can combine it with for the free shipping, haha.

I was at the NISA press event this year and was really surprised when they announced it live. There was a guy behind us cheering (not unlike a frat boy), yelling things like "f yeah! culdcept revolt! it's like a board game! like monopoly! woooo!" He was genuinely psyched, haha, so I'm looking forward to trying the game out for myself.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1366 on: March 15, 2017, 11:57:11 pm »
I just wish NISA would specify on their site when one of their LE's is exclusive to their online store. Some are, some aren't, and there isn't any rhyme or reason. If I can get them from Amazon I do, because that 20% Prime discount is not insignificant. I'm assuming at this point the Ys set must be exclusive, but I'll give Culdcept a few days to see if Amazon lists it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #1367 on: March 16, 2017, 12:00:52 am »
Almost every single NISA set seems to end up at Gamestop. For a while, I was getting my employee discount and pairing that with no shipping costs and the game being available at release date, made it a no brainer on who I would order with.

I do however think that the Ys VIII set seems to be NISA only. That image is my desktop atm. Its definitely one of my most anticipated games!

kashell

« Reply #1368 on: March 16, 2017, 09:36:25 am »
The shock of Ys VIII is still setting in. The series seems to have a solid following here in the states, but there's always that possibility that it will get overlooked for localization. I'm really excited about it.

desocietas

« Reply #1369 on: March 17, 2017, 02:23:15 pm »
There is word of Amazon cancelling Persona 5 CEs... Best of luck, friends :/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:54:05 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #1370 on: March 17, 2017, 03:21:03 pm »
There is word of Amazon cancelling Persona 4 CEs... Best of luck, friends :/
Nooooooooooo. This sucks, I hate it when retailers do this. I ordered mine when it was first available so I hopefully nothing happens...

desocietas

« Reply #1371 on: March 17, 2017, 03:28:15 pm »
There is word of Amazon cancelling Persona 4 CEs... Best of luck, friends :/
Nooooooooooo. This sucks, I hate it when retailers do this. I ordered mine when it was first available so I hopefully nothing happens...

I hope not either, but I saw a screenshot of someone's cancelled order (placed on the same day)  :'( def has me worried, but so far so good...

I think it's crazy that retailers do this, but I assume there's only so much they can do to cut off orders at a certain point? No idea...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1372 on: March 17, 2017, 04:10:18 pm »
Hmm...Persona 4 or Persona 5? O.o

desocietas

« Reply #1373 on: March 17, 2017, 04:53:55 pm »
Hmm...Persona 4 or Persona 5? O.o

Oops, sorry! persona 5! I'll fix my post - thanks!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1374 on: March 17, 2017, 05:50:57 pm »
No worries! For some reason I thought Persona 4 was getting a re-print with its CE.

I ordered the regular version of P5. Hopefully those that are getting the CE version are all good. This isn't the first time amazon has pulled something like this.

argyle

« Reply #1375 on: March 18, 2017, 12:05:27 am »
I ordered the CE from Best Buy, so *hopefully* I'm ok...

But I read today that the standard edition - and from what I understand, ONLY the standard PS4 edition - includes this awesome controller skin:

:(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1378 on: March 21, 2017, 11:07:59 am »
Fire Emblem Echoes LE announced
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170321005810/en/Nintendo-News-Limited-Edition-Bundle-Fire-Emblem

Up for preorder at gamestop
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-limited-edition/129160
Hope this is offered on Amazon and doesn't sell out in 5 secs :/
I'm hoping for BB.  I've had bad experiences with Amazon with Fire Emblem preorders.

azure

« Reply #1379 on: March 21, 2017, 11:11:38 am »
Fire Emblem Echoes LE announced
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170321005810/en/Nintendo-News-Limited-Edition-Bundle-Fire-Emblem

Up for preorder at gamestop
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-limited-edition/129160
Hope this is offered on Amazon and doesn't sell out in 5 secs :/
I'm hoping for BB.  I've had bad experiences with Amazon with Fire Emblem preorders.
Yeah, I've heard some horror stories. Amazon is just my go to retailer for pre-orders on games, haven't been burned by them yet.