Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 233338 times)

kashell

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1425 on: May 25, 2017, 08:09:00 am »
Vic might be this word has been modified in order to not offend anyone's delicate sensibilities but I have to give him credit: it's clear he really cares about his products.

argyle

« Reply #1426 on: May 26, 2017, 05:46:49 am »
Summon Night 6 has been pushed back. Vic discovered some broken content on the trial disks and is working to fix it. The changed date I saw was 6/27 I believe.

I went looking into this yesterday actually because I was curious when my CE was going to show up, and on the Gaijin Works forums Vic said there is no date at this point & any date posted is just a placeholder (I saw the 6/27 somewhere as well).

Vic might be this word has been modified in order to not offend anyone's delicate sensibilities but I have to give him credit: it's clear he really cares about his products.

He is that. I bought something off of him on ebay years ago and he took forever to ship & got really defensive when I asked him what the holdup was. It didn't really surprise me when Atlus (and other smaller companies such as XSeed) started getting much bigger in the US & WD went away, honestly.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 12:18:27 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1428 on: May 30, 2017, 12:26:45 pm »
shipping kills the deal.  $7.99 shipping.  Ugh.

Weird that Paypal read the authorization as $0.50.

desocietas

« Reply #1429 on: May 30, 2017, 12:35:00 pm »

They won't charge full price until shipping for this pre-order, so they just have an authorization for a smaller amount. I agree about the shipping, though. I think that every time they have a sale.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1430 on: May 30, 2017, 12:37:32 pm »
Hmm...to get the PS4 version of finally hop on the Switch train...

« Reply #1431 on: May 30, 2017, 12:38:52 pm »
Toot! Toot!

soera

« Reply #1432 on: May 30, 2017, 03:39:07 pm »
If the Switch has a train, its the equivalent of Thomas versus the silver bullet that is the PS4.

« Reply #1433 on: May 30, 2017, 04:08:06 pm »
If the Switch has a train, its the equivalent of Thomas versus the silver bullet that is the PS4.
pfffbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt

kashell

« Reply #1434 on: May 30, 2017, 04:18:55 pm »
Thomas is freaky AF...PS4 it is!

EDIT: I still haven't decided yet.

« Reply #1435 on: May 30, 2017, 04:22:29 pm »
For stuff like this, Switch wins every time for me.  The pro controller is totally usable and the freedom to play off screen is cool.  And there is no way this game is going to have a noticeable hit in performance on the switch.

desocietas

« Reply #1436 on: May 30, 2017, 06:11:22 pm »
For stuff like this, Switch wins every time for me.  The pro controller is totally usable and the freedom to play off screen is cool.  And there is no way this game is going to have a noticeable hit in performance on the switch.

I was a bit skeptical myself of the Switch, but after playing my bf's Switch for Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Tetris (both on a monitor and the console itself), I was sold. I still won't get my own console until it's necessary - for the time being, we can easily share the system. I like my PS4 RPGs, but it's definitely nice to have the chance to step away with it. Remote Play works all right but does me no good where there's no internet.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1437 on: May 31, 2017, 06:15:13 pm »

They won't charge full price until shipping for this pre-order, so they just have an authorization for a smaller amount. I agree about the shipping, though. I think that every time they have a sale.

Eh, shipping is steep but they don't charge tax (which would be 10% for me, so $5) so it balances out somewhat. At any rate, I'm in for a physical edition - thanks for the heads up! :)  Will get this added to the OP in the next update (hopefully tomorrow!). 

EDIT: FYI, shipping does not go up if you add a second. This may help someone else out - I told a friend about getting the physical edition exclusively from Square & the shipping, and he asked if it would go up if we ordered 2 on one order & split the cost.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:40:58 am by argyle »
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

argyle

« Reply #1438 on: June 05, 2017, 03:31:44 pm »
Updated!  ;D

« Reply #1439 on: June 07, 2017, 08:06:28 am »
http://gonintendo.com/stories/281923-atlus-bringing-etrian-odyssey-v-smt-deep-strange-journey-radia

Etrian Odyssey V (Fall 2017)
SMT Strange Journey Redux (Early 2018)
Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology (Early 2018)

All 3DS.