Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 233479 times)

soera

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1470 on: July 05, 2017, 01:37:20 pm »
Even with having the original set I'm still very interested in the remasters so if anyone sees an English physical copy go up please let me know.

Oh me too. I want them to release it here. But my backlog is huge and with the upcoming titles, its going to get even worse. Not sure when I would get around to playing this as it is.

azure

« Reply #1471 on: July 05, 2017, 02:11:14 pm »
Even with having the original set I'm still very interested in the remasters so if anyone sees an English physical copy go up please let me know.

Oh me too. I want them to release it here. But my backlog is huge and with the upcoming titles, its going to get even worse. Not sure when I would get around to playing this as it is.
I agree this year has added to my backlog more than ever for new releases for sure.

desocietas

« Reply #1472 on: July 05, 2017, 02:13:25 pm »

I agree this year has added to my backlog more than ever for new releases for sure.

So much good stuff this year, I was kind of thankful that the newly announced NISA LEs didn't tempt me too much.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1473 on: July 05, 2017, 02:59:48 pm »
Indeed. None of the new NISA stuff is looking interesting.

The Longest 5 Minutes has an interesting premise, but not interesting enough.

I never bothered with the first Demon Gaze since it looks like a really grindy dungeon crawler. So, Demon Gaze II is out. The same goes for Yomawari, aside from it not being a dungeon crawler.

Nights of Azure was a disappointment. Even if the second one improved stuff from the first, the sour taste left by it isn't helping. I'll probably play it when its price goes down.

Penny Punching Princess just looks weird.

argyle

« Reply #1474 on: July 05, 2017, 03:52:11 pm »
Updated! Another big one this week, lots of new additions and release date announcements/changes.

I'm interested in some of the newly announced NISA games, but definitely not preorder-the-LE interested. More like wait-for-a-big-price-drop-after-release interested. ;) I just about have everything I'm picking up for the rest of the year paid off now - not counting unannounced imports or Limited Run stuff that may pop up & tempt me. Just waiting for Bamco to announced a Ni no Kuni II CE and for Nintendo to possibly do the same with Xenoblade 2.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1475 on: July 06, 2017, 10:57:41 am »
So happy to finally see some new stuff about Disaster Report 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_N72EBYRpE

azure

« Reply #1476 on: July 06, 2017, 12:11:44 pm »

This and City Shrouded In Shadow are gonna be legit.

Edit: Wait isn't this City Shrouded in Shadow? I thought it was separate from the DR series they said?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:24:14 pm by azure »

« Reply #1477 on: July 06, 2017, 12:37:55 pm »

Edit: Wait isn't this City Shrouded in Shadow? I thought it was separate from the DR series they said?
Yes, CSiS.  Could be, totally looks like a Disaster Report game, though.

If it is in fact 2 separate games, then that's cool, 2 DR-esque games, I'm down for that.

azure

« Reply #1478 on: July 06, 2017, 12:52:18 pm »

Yes, CSiS.  Could be, totally looks like a Disaster Report game, though.

If it is in fact 2 separate games, then that's cool, 2 DR-esque games, I'm down for that.
The Wiki for the game says that Granzella confirmed it was unrelated to the DR series , and I remember reading that in an article for CSiS when it was announced as well. So I would say it's safe to say they're separate games. A DR game with with classic Tokusatsu monsters and Anime related stuff is a really intriguing premise though, hoping this will get localized but I doubt it.

argyle

« Reply #1479 on: July 12, 2017, 02:11:35 pm »
Well after some pretty packed updates recently I guess we were due a dead one. Only found one new release date this week, for Xenoverse 2 on the Switch, and no new announcements.

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

azure

« Reply #1480 on: July 13, 2017, 04:42:24 pm »
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/07/13/amazon-es-briefly-listed-fire-emblem-fates-complete-edition-for-switch-and-then-removed-it/

I knew something like this would happen as soon as I got Fates :P

Edit: It isn't new artwork necessarily though so it could be a prank.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:47:21 pm by azure »

« Reply #1481 on: July 13, 2017, 04:50:38 pm »
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/07/13/amazon-es-briefly-listed-fire-emblem-fates-complete-edition-for-switch-and-then-removed-it/

I knew something like this would happen as soon as I got Fates :P

Edit: It isn't new artwork necessarily though so it could be a prank.
I'd buy it, but I don't know if I'd play fates again.  I'm sure my wife would love to play through Fates on the Switch over the 3DS.

soera

« Reply #1482 on: July 13, 2017, 05:25:46 pm »
Ni no Kuni 2 has been pushed back by about 2 months. Im hoping that they also take the extra time to make a CE similar to the Wizard's edition and maybe even add the first game to the package!

desocietas

« Reply #1483 on: July 13, 2017, 05:31:22 pm »
Ni no Kuni 2 has been pushed back by about 2 months. Im hoping that they also take the extra time to make a CE similar to the Wizard's edition and maybe even add the first game to the package!

That'd be cool, though I wouldn't hold out for a nicer looking PS4 version of NNK1 any time soon :/  I'd love to be surprised, though!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1484 on: July 20, 2017, 05:55:08 pm »
Updated!

It hurt my feelings to change that Ni no Kuni II date, that was going to be my holiday game. :(  Well, here's hoping the Xenoblade 2 date holds.