Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 235566 times)

argyle

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1500 on: August 02, 2017, 06:20:30 pm »
Mostly updated! ;)  All the new info I could find is up, but I may go through tomorrow & see if I can find some covert art for some of those soon-to-be-released games and make sure there isn't anything that's gotten passed over for a release date, etc.

I don't track this kind of thing in the OP, but as I was updating I noticed that there's a preorder bonus-only Gundam for the upcoming Gundam Versus game. I usually don't pay digital bonuses any attention, but Namco has done this type of thing before where if you don't get it by preordering they never offer it any other way.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #1501 on: August 03, 2017, 02:11:05 pm »
Is Chaos;Child something along the lines of Steins;Gate? Also, what's with the choice in using semicolons in titles...? :-\

In any case, Amazon has that up for preorder and Rice Digital has an exclusive CE.

I own a few kinda VN games but don't know what to start with. Any suggestions for a VN newb? I tried one of the Hakaouki games back in the day but didn't really "get" it, but I think it's because I assumed there'd be gameplay. The VN-esque games I've tried so far are:
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Danganronpa 1
  • various adventure games like 999, Ace Attorney, Hotel Dusk, etc

I own a few already, like Steins;Gate and Psycho Pass but wasn't sure if I should start elsewhere. There are so many coming out these days, it's hard to keep up!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1502 on: August 03, 2017, 03:21:45 pm »
Fully updated. Added several cover arts and found quite a few games that had fallen through the cracks - updated all & either moved them to the archive site or up the list as necessary.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #1503 on: August 03, 2017, 03:32:19 pm »
Is Chaos;Child something along the lines of Steins;Gate? Also, what's with the choice in using semicolons in titles...? :-\

In any case, Amazon has that up for preorder and Rice Digital has an exclusive CE.

I own a few kinda VN games but don't know what to start with. Any suggestions for a VN newb? I tried one of the Hakaouki games back in the day but didn't really "get" it, but I think it's because I assumed there'd be gameplay. The VN-esque games I've tried so far are:
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Danganronpa 1

I own a few already, like Steins;Gate and Psycho Pass but wasn't sure if I should start elsewhere. There are so many coming out these days, it's hard to keep up!

Going back to Hakuoki wouldn't be a bad idea. That was my first VN, but I went in knowing that there would only be reading and a few dialogue choices. A first run will only last five or so hours. Dangan Ronpa 2 is another option if you enjoyed the first one.

davifus

« Reply #1504 on: August 03, 2017, 04:33:59 pm »

• Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Danganronpa 1

whoooooooooboyyy let me tell yah that the "timeline structure" emphasis on timeline structure is a very complex and sometimes doesn't make sense. This is worse than Zelda's timeline fiasco.

Just know that Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, and Robotic;Notes [you didnt mention but just including it] are all part of the same "universe" in simple term. It gets more complicated if you want to dive further into it with "world line" and stuff with IF's and But's.

List of VN I rec.
- Any Key VN - Little Buster, Clannad, Rewrite
- Grisaia no Kaijitsu [This one is a bit long] - My FAV VN of all time
- Fate/Stay Night [in the long side]
- Katawa Shoujo
- Muv-luv
- Steins;gate [of course]

that all i can think of off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:47:18 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #1505 on: August 08, 2017, 09:00:35 am »
I just witnessed the most beautiful LE Ive ever seen ...

This has to come here or Im importing. Plain and simple.

« Reply #1506 on: August 08, 2017, 09:03:18 am »
This is exactly what I was waiting for.  A nice big CE.  Hopefully it comes here and isn't handled by Digital River.

« Reply #1507 on: August 08, 2017, 09:20:15 am »
https://www.amazon.com/Ni-No-Kuni-II-PlayStation-Collectors/dp/B074MS5C5K/

Looks like we get a different CE.  Don't know how I feel about this.

soera

« Reply #1508 on: August 08, 2017, 09:22:31 am »
Was just coming here to post this myself. It literally just showed up on my facebook page not 2 minutes ago.

« Reply #1509 on: August 08, 2017, 10:16:16 am »
$200.   Up for preorder on Gamestop if you are willing to order from them.

$80 for the Premium edition.

Preorders up on Namco store

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/product/454109/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-collector-s-edition-playstation-4

Despite advertising free shipping on orders over $100, no free shipping from Bandai.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:22:04 am by ignition365 »

desocietas

« Reply #1510 on: August 08, 2017, 10:42:20 am »
$200.   Up for preorder on Gamestop if you are willing to order from them.

$80 for the Premium edition.

Preorders up on Namco store

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/product/454109/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-collector-s-edition-playstation-4

Despite advertising free shipping on orders over $100, no free shipping from Bandai.

The sad part was I couldn't figure out which retailer would insure that the box wouldn't be damaged... In 4 one to match my White Witch Edition. Still pretty nice though yeah, no snow globe :(

Only free shipping at BN for in stock items, not preorders :/
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:44:03 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1511 on: August 08, 2017, 10:45:21 am »
I'll wait for Amazon for release day shipping or Best Buy for GCU.

« Reply #1512 on: August 08, 2017, 11:18:30 am »
Save 15% on the CE at Bandai with code BNE15OFF.

$170 + shipping.

desocietas

« Reply #1513 on: August 08, 2017, 11:22:40 am »
Save 15% on the CE at Bandai with code BNE15OFF.

$170 + shipping.

Amazon available now. Might have to go through the mobile site version.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1514 on: August 08, 2017, 11:31:28 am »
I bit at Bamco for $177 as opposed to $216 at amazon