Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 233575 times)

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1590 on: February 02, 2018, 01:42:42 pm »
Anybody know what material the Ni No Kuni II replica map is going to be made of?

Is it going to be a cloth map, thick cardstock map, poster paper map?

I was looking for this info yesterday, too, ha. Couldn't find any real information on it...
Also, I could've sworn there was a second pre-order bonus through Bamco, but I can't find any info on it.  I thought it was a pin or something.

soera

« Reply #1591 on: February 02, 2018, 01:51:48 pm »
The map is only available in the Bandai version of the King's edition. Nothing mentions the material that I have seen although I could have sworn originally it said a cloth map. Gamestop and Best buy have pre-order bonuses as well. Best Buy has a Figpin of Evan. Gamestop has a key chain of Lofty.

Here is a decent breakdown of everything - http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/24/a-complete-guide-to-ni-no-kuni-2-revenant-kingdoms-preorder-bonuses

« Reply #1592 on: February 07, 2018, 08:49:59 am »
Anybody know if Play-Asia ever does cheap or free shipping?  They are quoting me $30 shipping and it's killing me.

argyle

« Reply #1593 on: February 07, 2018, 03:26:45 pm »
Anybody know if Play-Asia ever does cheap or free shipping?  They are quoting me $30 shipping and it's killing me.

Wow, what are you getting from them? I don't think I've ever paid more than $15 or so shipping, and that was for either a big order or something like the Okami HD CE. Typical shipping for a single game runs me around $5-$6, and of course you always have the GEMATSU or CENSORED codes which are both reusable & will knock $3 off $20.

Also, if anyone needs a $5 off $60 coupon codes, I have a literal stack of them. Just msg me. :)

EDIT: It does look like they've gone up on their shipping a little, but not a huge amount. My copy of Gintama Rumble, which arrived today, cost $5.90 to ship. I just added the upcoming Full Metal Panic game to my cart to compare, and it's showing $6.90. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:32:55 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1594 on: February 07, 2018, 03:32:37 pm »

Wow, what are you getting from them? I don't think I've ever paid more than $15 or so shipping, and that was for either a big order or something like the Okami HD CE. Typical shipping for a single game runs me around $5-$6, and of course you always have the GEMATSU or CENSORED codes which are both reusable & will knock $3 off $20.

Also, if anyone needs a $5 off $60 coupon codes, I have a literal stack of them. Just msg me. :)
Taiko English Sub w/controller.  Hit me up with one of those codes.

argyle

« Reply #1595 on: February 15, 2018, 06:08:25 pm »
Long overdue update. ;)  Lots of new additions! I'm personally happy about that Metal Max Xeno localization announcement.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1596 on: February 27, 2018, 11:10:35 am »
Yakuza 6 demo seems to be out in most regions now.

Anybody know if the demo is content that won't exist inside the game?  Because if it is essentially the first couple of hours of the game, I can wait and skip the demo.

desocietas

« Reply #1597 on: February 27, 2018, 02:08:24 pm »

Anybody know if the demo is content that won't exist inside the game?  Because if it is essentially the first couple of hours of the game, I can wait and skip the demo.

From what I've read, there's nothing exclusive in content for the demo - just the prologue, and progress/achievements carry over although you won't get any trophies with the demo.

You're currently playing through them, right? What order did you decide to take? Yakuza 0 is my first Yakuza. I played it for a bit when it first launched but just picked it up again after getting the credits for MHW. I just wanted something open world that I could just pick up and play. I've been finding some side stories, so that's been fun, and I got some decent practice in with bowling.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1598 on: February 27, 2018, 02:28:58 pm »

From what I've read, there's nothing exclusive in content for the demo - just the prologue, and progress/achievements carry over although you won't get any trophies with the demo.

You're currently playing through them, right? What order did you decide to take? Yakuza 0 is my first Yakuza. I played it for a bit when it first launched but just picked it up again after getting the credits for MHW. I just wanted something open world that I could just pick up and play. I've been finding some side stories, so that's been fun, and I got some decent practice in with bowling.
I did Kiwami, 0 , and now I'm on 2.  I kind of wish I had done 0 and then Kiwami.  Definitely the better order.  2 gets some goodies if you beat 1 and have the save data on a PS2 memory card, so if you aren't going to wait for Kiwami 2, I'd maybe consider playing 1 and then 2 instead of Kiwami... but Kiwami is so damned good (IMO).

I ordered a couple of copies of 3 hoping one would come complete... should arrive tonight.

If it has no exclusive content, I'll just wait until I get up to 6.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:31:59 pm by ignition365 »

desocietas

« Reply #1599 on: February 27, 2018, 03:28:06 pm »
I did Kiwami, 0 , and now I'm on 2.  I kind of wish I had done 0 and then Kiwami.  Definitely the better order.  2 gets some goodies if you beat 1 and have the save data on a PS2 memory card, so if you aren't going to wait for Kiwami 2, I'd maybe consider playing 1 and then 2 instead of Kiwami... but Kiwami is so damned good (IMO).

I ordered a couple of copies of 3 hoping one would come complete... should arrive tonight.

Yeah, I read about how Kiwami is a remake of the first one, so I figured 0 was the best place to start. I bought a couple of copies of the original Yakuza 2 when VGP initially offered some reprints just in case Kiwami 2 didn't make it over. Was tempted to get 3 and 4 but didn't know if the remakes would continue for the rest or not and didn't want to drop a lot of money at that time before knowing how much I'd enjoy Yakuza 0.

Good to hear that you would recommend 0 before Kiwami still - I'd read a few different people saying that Kiwami just doesn't feel as good after 0 because of various things despite it being the intended way of playing the game due to the timeline.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1600 on: February 27, 2018, 06:03:26 pm »
Not only were my Yakuza 3 copies not complete, the just threw the copies inside a Gamestop bag and mailed that.

Gamestop won't let me order any more copies.

desocietas

« Reply #1601 on: February 27, 2018, 06:56:29 pm »
Not only were my Yakuza 3 copies not complete, the just threw the copies inside a Gamestop bag and mailed that.

Ughhh, how hard is it to get a CIB PS3 game, really. Sorry to hear it. If I stumble across one in the wild anytime soon, I'll let you know.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #1602 on: February 27, 2018, 07:00:02 pm »

GS jacked the price on those games once the series got more recognition it looks like. *sigh*

desocietas

« Reply #1603 on: February 27, 2018, 07:00:49 pm »
Damn, maybe I should've jumped on that demo download initially: https://kotaku.com/sega-accidentally-released-yakuza-6-for-free-1823374555
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1604 on: February 28, 2018, 09:01:29 am »
Same.

I don't feel too bad about missing out though, I wouldn't wind up playing 6 before release and I'm certainly not cancelling my preorder.  I want those drinking glasses.

But yeah, at some point GS jacked up the price of both 3 and 4, probably after 0 released or was announced.  Now 3 is impossible to find under retail.  I tricked Gamestop's system into letting me order 2 more.  I'm going to keep ordering until I get at least a boxed copy.  My local GS is going to have so many copies of Yakuza 3.