Author Topic: Do You Collect to Play, or Do You Collect to Collect?  (Read 15003 times)

sin2beta

Re: Do You Collect to Play, or Do You Collect to Collect?
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2014, 05:24:24 pm »
It reminds me of collecting for the NES in the late 90s. It's tough to do this with SEGA or Nintendo now.

I can find Sega Master System, Dreamcast, and Sega Genesis games for dirt-cheap. Granted the Master System games are rarer to come across than the Genesis or Dreamcast games, though. But those Dreamcast and Genesis games are a dime-a-dozen and quite plentiful around here. It's the SNES, Saturn, Sega CD, and TG-16 stuff that goes for a pretty penny around here.

Yeah, SEGA is still cheap. XBox is just cheap AND plentiful. So, while SEGA is cheap, it's just not as plentiful as the NES was in the late 90s. I have a decent sized SEGA collection. But it's not that big. And I feel like I've tapped my area out decently. I think it would be difficult to get 50% of the games for any SEGA system from a single area. However, this could be done on the NES in the 90s. It can also be done on XBox now
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2014, 12:44:52 am »
collect to play without a doubt. I think there's about 12 games on my shelf that need to be played. I have a hard time when I'm out in the wild of saying no to good deals, which I come across often.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2014, 01:14:39 am »
If any of you guys are looking for master system games the local shop here has about 30 of em. Let me know what titles you're looking for and I'll see if he's got em and what they go for.

I'm going there tomorrow to pick up my Retron 5.

soera

« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2014, 07:14:26 am »
Are they complete? Can you post a list of the ones that are?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2014, 10:20:30 am »
I'm looking for King's Quest, fantasy Zone, and Spider-Man if the price is right, of course.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2014, 11:12:31 am »
Are they complete? Can you post a list of the ones that are?

They are loose/cart only.