Author Topic: Locality within region  (Read 776 times)

magnoliafan

Locality within region
« on: May 30, 2014, 05:03:40 pm »
Hello,

i'm sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find it. I'm right now working my way through my collection and am adding titles as i go. Flower for PS3 already is in the database from the EU region, but all data is in English, probably because the original contributor bought it in the UK store. My download however comes from the Ducth (NL) store so the description should be in Dutch. Is there anyway to add this, change this in my collection or add an actual Dutch release or should i just and the English texted release and be done with it?

Thanks for your help,

Paul

foxhack

Re: Locality within region
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:31:53 pm »
We treat digital console releases as the same between all regions in a continent, unless there's something significantly different about them (like Germans getting censored versions 'cause, uh, they're Germans.)

A regional store page isn't really a big difference, so I don't believe a separate entry for it is necessary, but we should hear what other people have to say about that.

magnoliafan

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 05:52:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I understand your position, and to some extend agree with it as well, but now i'm adding all new digital PS Vita games using the Dutch store as base. All info thus is in Dutch, which may not be very useful for anyone but the small Dutch market. So while seperate entries would not be ideal the option perhaps to have the description in different languages may be an solution?

Paul

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 10:58:34 pm »
You don't have to enter the store page text in the entries, you know. It's optional. Just leave it out, no problem.

I understand you wanting to have the text in there but... this is a primarily English site. :( So I've rejected your recent text edits to the general EU entries. Sorry. ;_;

Different language text would work, yes, but if such a feature were to be added it would be way way way in the future. matt, our coder, already has way too much to work on.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:02:08 pm by foxhack »

magnoliafan

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 02:41:53 am »
Thanks for the information.

That is disappointing, especially since A) the EU Network releases weren't there before i added them (a lot of EU titles aren't in the database anyway) and B) i only moved the text from the description field to box text field as i had misplaced it during my initial contribution, text which, had i placed it correctly to start with would still be there. So a lot of my work is now gone...

So now my options would be to either just add the title, genre and release date only, or visit the UK store for text. As adding Dutch text, while it would be accepted for new titles, and again, a lot of new titles will have to be added for the EU locality, would not be something it'd do when knowing it is against the rules.

Visiting a different store would mean extra work for me, which is no problem as long as it correctly shows my collection, which it doesn't as i own the Dutch release. Or i could leave the field blank in which case i might as well create an excel file for my collection if title is the only real useful information on here. I'm sorry to say, but as it is this program kinda lost it usefulness for me and continuing to add new titles isn't something i'm considering now as it doesn't really reflect what i own then,

Paul

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 01:09:31 pm »
I understand.

I apologize if the unfortunate site limits are a problem for you. :( If you don't find the site that useful anymore... well, I wish we could do something to fix that but as it is it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Sorry. :(