Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39986 times)

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #300 on: June 26, 2014, 11:00:55 pm »
Came across a Black Gamecube today at the thrift shop, picking it up after forgetting that I had gotten one there before, a silver one lol It was only 20 bucks, so not bad either way, might see about using it for trade a meetup this weekend if I have a spare controller for it.

It seems every single GC I come across is purple.  ???  And I *like* the purple, it's the one I decided to buy new back in the day, but I'd like to get the other ones now.  :P

Are black GameCube's more rare, or something? I have one, and never realized that if that's the case.

I don't think so, I think I just have bad luck in that department.  :P  What I really want is a platinum one anyway.

Kind of funny you guys mension that. Everyone I personally knew back in the day had Black cubes and now-a-days I mostly see purple at pawn/game shops.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #301 on: June 27, 2014, 12:16:41 am »
I have the silver one.

soera

« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2014, 01:49:21 am »
After a long day of garage sales here's the goodies.

SNES
- Earthbound $2

theflea

« Reply #303 on: June 27, 2014, 03:17:35 am »
Impressive deals as usual from theflea. :) A quick question, are all those garage sales you go to within or close to your city/town of residence, or do you do a fair amount of traveling to get to all of them?

I do different things each day. Usually I start at a sale that advertises something video game related then work around the sales in that area.

SNES
- Earthbound $2

I found earthbound again? lol

"Happy game hunting!!!"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #304 on: June 27, 2014, 03:28:30 am »
Impressive deals as usual from theflea. :) A quick question, are all those garage sales you go to within or close to your city/town of residence, or do you do a fair amount of traveling to get to all of them?

I do different things each day. Usually I start at a sale that advertises something video game related then work around the sales in that area.

SNES
- Earthbound $2

Yeah dude. At this point it's like breathing! You just do it and don't even realize. ;)

90snostalga

« Reply #305 on: June 27, 2014, 07:53:48 am »
@TheFlea, how much is it for me to rent your yard sale services just for a weekend?  I could probably find everything in my wish list just in that one weekend  ;)

argyle

« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2014, 08:36:19 am »
Bah, I was going to stop at a moving sale on the way to work this morning.  But they couldn't put up signs for crap (I saw 2 signs for their sale when I was leaving, tons of small writing on a tiny white sign).  My GPS got me to the street - which is all they put in for their address in the craigslist ad - but then when I was trying to find it I apparently started following someone else's signs that are going to have a sale tomorrow.  I didn't figure out what had happened really until I was out of the neighborhood, I probably just should have went to the end of that one street - oh well, waste of gas. 

TL;DR - don't write a paragraph of small text on a yard sale sign that no one will possibly be able to read unless they come to a full stop & get out of their car - use big bright signs that just say "YARD SALE" with MAYBE a street name & then big arrows.  How hard is that?   ???
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #307 on: June 27, 2014, 08:37:31 am »
Bah, I was going to stop at a moving sale on the way to work this morning.  But they couldn't put up signs for crap (I saw 2 signs for their sale when I was leaving, tons of small writing on a tiny white sign).  My GPS got me to the street - which is all they put in for their address in the craigslist ad - but then when I was trying to find it I apparently started following someone else's signs that are going to have a sale tomorrow.  I didn't figure out what had happened really until I was out of the neighborhood, I probably just should have went to the end of that one street - oh well, waste of gas. 

TL;DR - don't write a paragraph of small text on a yard sale sign that no one will possibly be able to read unless they come to a full stop & get out of their car - use big bright signs that just say "YARD SALE" with MAYBE a street name & then big arrows.  How hard is that?   ???
Amen! Rentgirl and I HATE that.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #308 on: June 27, 2014, 10:04:55 am »

SNES
- Earthbound $2

I assumed you just forgot to add it.

theflea

« Reply #309 on: June 27, 2014, 03:00:17 pm »
home from another day of sales and its a Wii/Nintendo handheld day!!

Wii
- Summer Sports Paradise Island ($1)
- Deca Sports ($2)
- Medieval Games ($2)
- Marvel Super Hero Squad ($2)
- Just Dance 2 ($2)
- Just Dance 3 ($2)
- NBA Jam ($2)
- Madden NFL 10
- Madden NFL 11
- Indianapolis 500 Legends ($3)
- Up ($2)
- Jump Start: Pet Rescue ($2)
- Blazing Angels ($2)
- Petz Horsez 2 ($2)
- Iron Man 2 ($2)
- Cars ($2)
- Tony Hawk Shred ($3 with board and sensor)
- Mario Sports Party ($3)
- Animal Crossing City Folk ($5)
- Mario Party 8 ($5)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games ($3)
- Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ($2)

PS2
- The Cat in the Hat ($1)
- The Italian Job ($1)
- The Spiderwick Chronicles ($1)
- Destroy all Humans 2 ($1)

GC
- Dragonball Z Budokai 2 (.75)

3DS
- Pokemon Y ($15)
- Mario Kart 7 ($3 loose)

The second AGP X-System with all 4 carts. ($1)

NDS
- Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian ($3)
- Nintendogs: Chihuahua & Friends ($3)
- Fossil Fighters ($2)
- Pokemon White Version ($5)
- Pokemon Black Version 2 ($5)
- Mario Kart DS ($3 loose)
- Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs ($3 loose)
- Pokemon Conquest ($3 loose)

GBA
2 Game boy advance's both CIB, (Inigo & Clear Glacier) $2 for one and $10 for the other. (included charge stand & a really cool carrying case) all the games where $1 each.
- Smugglers Run (with manual)
- GBAV: All Grown Up!
- Cartoon Network Block Party
- Rocket Power: Zero Gravity
- Bionicle: Matoran Adventures (with manual)
- Lego Bionicle
- No Rules Get Phat (with manual)
- Atari Anniversary Advance
- Magical Quest (with manual)
- Spirit
- Brother Bear
- Dark Arena (with manual)
- Tak and the Power of Juju
- Monster Truck Madness (with manual)
- Rugrats: Castle Capers
- Backyard Skateboarding
- Spy Hunter (with manual)
- Tekken Advance (with manual)
- Sonic Battle
- Mario Golf
- Mario Pinball Land
- Pokemon FireRed Version

GBC 
- X-Men: Wolverine's Rage ($1)

GB
- Kirby's Dream Land ($1)
- Cleaning Kit Cart (free)

N64 (all $1 each)
- NBA Hangtime
- WCW NWO Revenge
- Ken Griffey Jr. Slugfest
- Star Wars: Rouge Squadron
- Turok 2
- Perfect Dark
- Bomberman Hero

@TheFlea, how much is it for me to rent your yard sale services just for a weekend?  I could probably find everything in my wish list just in that one weekend  ;)

It's pretty pricey, it would cost you nothing or maybe help with gas money. :P
I honestly don't mind if fellow collector's rides along, When someone is with me anything I already have in my personal collection gets offered to the person riding along. So if I Found an Earthbound and you where doing the footwork with me, you would get it for the price at the garage sale. (long as you need it for your collection)
I've done it before and it's a lot of fun.  :D
"Happy game hunting!!!"

pacpix

« Reply #310 on: June 27, 2014, 03:18:13 pm »
A cool looking Pac-Man plug and Play ($2)
I have that Pac-Man plug and play too.  There are a lot of fun games on it including that Japan exclusive Pac & Pal and the rare Pac-Man Plus.  The biggest issue with the system though is the patterns for the mazes no longer work, I found that out when I decided to try to learn the maze patterns for the first time and kept dying.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #311 on: June 27, 2014, 03:37:07 pm »
Nice little batch of PS2 games today.  Always cool when you come across multiple games of the same franchise lol Nearly got all the Spyro games in one go, just one more needed.  Never played any of the Spyro's, but they looked like entertaining 3D platformers.

Timesplitters 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon
Legend of Spyro A New Beginning
Legend of Spyro The Eternal Night
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #312 on: June 27, 2014, 03:58:18 pm »
Nice little batch of PS2 games today.  Always cool when you come across multiple games of the same franchise lol Nearly got all the Spyro games in one go, just one more needed.  Never played any of the Spyro's, but they looked like entertaining 3D platformers.

Timesplitters 2
Metal Gear Solid 2

I'd say cool, but you got the bad half of the Spyro series. Those games, unfortunately, don't hold a candle to the original PS1 trilogy; and that's because they changed developers after the third game.

« Reply #313 on: June 27, 2014, 04:16:04 pm »

Timesplitters 2
Metal Gear Solid 2

I'd say cool, but you got the bad half of the Spyro series. Those games, unfortunately, don't hold a candle to the original PS1 trilogy; and that's because they changed developers after the third game.

Ah, well I'll just have to work to get the good half then lol

argyle

« Reply #314 on: June 28, 2014, 01:47:00 pm »
So I'll post my full yard sale haul in a bit - not bad considering there weren't that many sales today & it was threatening to rain all morning.  Anyway, I got an original model NES that I *thought* had all the connections, but it's missing the AC adapter.  There was one in the bag so I didn't look too close, but it's for an old Atari computer.  :-\  Anyway, I have a ton of spare AC adapters, was just wondering if someone who has one can tell me what the input/output voltage is on it? 

EDIT:  N/M, I momentarily forgot this thing called "Google" exists.  :P  Turns out the reason they had that Atari AC adapter in the bag is because it's the correct voltage & the plug fits.  Fired up the system (after giving it a thorough cleaning) and it works like a champ!  Woohoo!  :D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:07:07 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis