Author Topic: Official E3 Thread #1: Microsoft E3 conference!  (Read 2458 times)

haloofthesun

Re: Official E3 Thread #1: Microsoft E3 conference!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 11:54:33 pm »
Really boring overall. Very little shown outside of what was already expected. At least they focused on games, so it isn't a complete failure - especially if the games shown happen to be games a person is interested in. For me, only Scalebound seems interesting, but there's next to nothing known about it so I'm still sitting at 1% interest in ever getting an Xbone.

Also timed-exclusive DLC is really dumb. It makes Microsoft seem like a huge jerk when they go "we paid a bunch of money to keep content from people who own other consoles! *brofist*"

I own a 360 and my library for it is one of my largest of all my consoles, so none of this is fanboyism for another console or anything. It's just Microsoft is doing very little to make their new console actually seem appealing compared to anything else. PS4 is kind of sitting the same way, honestly, due to the lack of games all around this gen and even less exclusives, but I think they'll end up turning that around down the road.

I don't understand why you are charging at Microsoft for a Normla practice Sony had been doing for years, Sony even had games removed games were announced on Xbox and they never returned.

I'm not, but Microsoft is the bigger culprit of it and the most recent example of it.

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 12:04:51 am »
Really boring overall. Very little shown outside of what was already expected. At least they focused on games, so it isn't a complete failure - especially if the games shown happen to be games a person is interested in. For me, only Scalebound seems interesting, but there's next to nothing known about it so I'm still sitting at 1% interest in ever getting an Xbone.

Also timed-exclusive DLC is really dumb. It makes Microsoft seem like a huge jerk when they go "we paid a bunch of money to keep content from people who own other consoles! *brofist*"

I own a 360 and my library for it is one of my largest of all my consoles, so none of this is fanboyism for another console or anything. It's just Microsoft is doing very little to make their new console actually seem appealing compared to anything else. PS4 is kind of sitting the same way, honestly, due to the lack of games all around this gen and even less exclusives, but I think they'll end up turning that around down the road.

I don't understand why you are charging at Microsoft for a Normla practice Sony had been doing for years, Sony even had games removed games were announced on Xbox and they never returned.

I'm not, but Microsoft is the bigger culprit of it and the most recent example of it.

It did seem like practically every game or every other game was "Here's the game! With timed exclusive DLC!" lol Sony didn't seem nearly as bad, mostly just with Destiny unless I'm forgetting some others.  Both were at fault for making it seem like games were exclusive to their platforms though. 

Re: Official E3 Thread , MS, Sony, NIN.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 09:01:44 am »
So VGcollect kind of glitched out, could not make the other 2 threads and I still can't change this avatar. But basically Sony's conference was ok, kind of went to wonderbook mode for a second, and Nintendo have a very... Bad showing.

Why can't you change your avatar?

Click the button, nothing happenes, changed browsers, logged in, logged back out, deleted history and cookies, did the globox rain dance. Nothing. Even now, nothing.

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 09:02:55 am »
I'm not normally a big COD guy, but DAMN! Did that gameplay video for COD: Advanced Warfare look freaking awesome, or what?!

Not going to lie, that 3 years of work actually shows in this new upcoming COD, and it's by another studio who focused on next gen first and will have original ideas since its by a different set of people, who apparently, are not afraid of change.