Author Topic: Official E3 Thread #1: Microsoft E3 conference!  (Read 2482 times)

Official E3 Thread #1: Microsoft E3 conference!
« on: June 09, 2014, 10:20:46 am »
WELCOME ( 5 minutes until live)

New stream link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3/live-event/desktop#fbid=lB_4bEFqg50

To the first part of a 3 thread series for E3 for Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo, because no one really cares about any of the other conferences (in relative terms) so let's get started!

Microsoft E3 has been the most anticipated for awhile. Why? Because they have basically transformed the Xbox One and those who represent it into something completely different from what it was last E3 and the Reveal! All the DRM gone, some people won't forgive, but a lot will! New management! A new vision! Less division leaders telling you to buy a 360 and you are not important!

GAMES:

The Xbox Show will be all about games, although I expect we will probably get some updated sales numbers and inflation spins to make them look more impressive than they actually are.

We already know that they will show:

1. Halo
2. Forza
3. Sunset Overdrive
4. Fable
5. QuantumBreak

However

There have been rumors of multiple "new experiences" as well as rumors of Halo Collections, and new update to KI, and a slugfest full of new indie games!

"A hur hur"

Phil Spencer is expected to be the star of the show. A lot of people have complimented him (almost solely which really is not right when you think about it, but he does get some credit) for completely turning Xbox around from whatever the old leading reps were turning it into. Most of them have been removed.

But there may be a bit too much hope on this man, he has promised many new games and experiences and it has gotten people to be jumping on his hype train. But should you be as excited? I would say let's hope for just a great E3 instead of some kinf of biblical mirror eh? Also Yusef Medhi will be there but most people associate him with mattrick and don't like him.

Streams:

Here are the streams to the E3 conference:

1. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3/live-event/desktop#fbid=lB_4bEFqg50
2. http://www.gametrailers.com/e3

Please note the Xbox Stream is optimized for mobile, however will not work with any browser below Iphone 4, will not work with Windows Phone 7 (outside of the later phones) but will work on 8, and will not work on any android phone below Ice Cream Sandwich, or uses an outdated cover over Ice Cream Sandwich (most Xperia, Acer, Dell, and LG phones for example) anything else will work. Don't even think of using Froyo. I'm watching you!

REAL-TIME EVENTS:

In the reserve post below, I will be posting the announcements mentioned in the conference in real time, which will help those who are not actually watching, don't have time to watch, or who does not have a device that is capable of streaming this event, in 2014. Cavemen.  8)
________
Thank you everyone and have a wonderful E3 Experience! Sony thread will go up at 5-7 (EST), Nintendo Thread will be up tomorrow. Also to change my avatar for each thread.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:07:21 pm by Jakandsig »

Re: Official E3 Thread #1: Microsoft E3 conference!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 02:30:40 pm »
Below are the events of E3 in real-time for those who can't watch the event, don't have a device to stream it with, or just want to check buy and see what they announced/Archive. Will list by announcement of significant importance. PLEASE KEE PIN MIND, I am using the MS stream.

REAL-TIME VGCOLLECT E3 FEED:

#1: Hyrb is talking to people outside and doing nothing important.

#2: Achievements will let you know how close you are to unlocking them. Also you can select an achievement and get help to get it.

#3: Insomniac drove in on a Sunset overdrive themed bus that got stopped by the LAPD.

#4: "You are going to see games, Games, and uh.. more games" - Some bald guy i don't know the name of.

#5: Xbox Logo is on screen for the next 5 minutes.

#6: COD advanced warfare to have DLC on Xbox One first.

#7: Free Forza 5 DLC

#8: Forza Horizon 2 1080p.

#9: Evolve to have exclusive beta and first DLC on Xbox one.

10. Sunset Overdrive

11. Dead Rising 3 cosplay?

12. Fable legends 4 player co-op MMO.

13. Conker In project Spark.

14. Halo 5 teaser

15. Halo Master Chief Collection

16. Halo 2 MP for HAlo 2 remake.

17. Indie Games.

18. Witcher 3

19. Killer Instinct Season 2

20. Phantom Dust 2/reboot

21. The Division dlc first on Xbox One

22. Scale Bound by Platnium Games

23. Crackdown 3

I give the conference a B+

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 04:33:11 pm »
They had a real good conference.  Pure games, no sports, no kinect, no shenanigans.  I'm still not sold on the system, but I really like Sunset Overdrive and I'm curious for the possibilities of Crackdown 3 and Scalebound.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 07:35:44 pm »
Too much cinematics, not enough gameplay, very boring overall, very few new announcements for exclusives (only exclusives matter to me), too much multiplats. Boring/10... but still better than the Ubisoft and EA conferences, those were unbearable.

It's nice that they just showed games and nothing else, I would've been pissed if it was another "TV, TV, TV, Sports, TV" crap, but it still wasn't too interesting

I'm SUPER hyped for Sunset Overdrive now, and I have high hopes for Scalebound (sadly they showed no gameplay, but it's Platinum so that means I will have an Xbox One at some point)... but that's it. Still waiting for a big price drop on the kinectless Xbox One before grabbing one, they did nothing to prove I should grab one beforehand.

haloofthesun

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 09:03:39 pm »
Really boring overall. Very little shown outside of what was already expected. At least they focused on games, so it isn't a complete failure - especially if the games shown happen to be games a person is interested in. For me, only Scalebound seems interesting, but there's next to nothing known about it so I'm still sitting at 1% interest in ever getting an Xbone.

Also timed-exclusive DLC is really dumb. It makes Microsoft seem like a huge jerk when they go "we paid a bunch of money to keep content from people who own other consoles! *brofist*"

I own a 360 and my library for it is one of my largest of all my consoles, so none of this is fanboyism for another console or anything. It's just Microsoft is doing very little to make their new console actually seem appealing compared to anything else. PS4 is kind of sitting the same way, honestly, due to the lack of games all around this gen and even less exclusives, but I think they'll end up turning that around down the road.

spac316

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 11:17:59 pm »
It was an adequate conference. Some nice games to look forward to play when I get an XBone. Sunset Overdrive looks fun.

Of course I am looking forward to Halo 5 as I am a fan of Halo so that would be my soul purpose of owning the system. You're probably thinking I would be ecstatic about the Master Chief collection...but I'm rather indifferent to it really. You see, I really wanted to see just Halo 2 Anniversary and I would have been fine with that. Halo 1 has already been remade and it's to soon to re-release Halo 3&4, IMO.
But who am I kidding, I will still buy it. It'll have the beta access to Halo 5 multi-player afterall. :-\
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:19:33 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 12:51:59 pm »
Too much cinematics, not enough gameplay, very boring overall, very few new announcements for exclusives (only exclusives matter to me), too much multiplats. Boring/10... but still better than the Ubisoft and EA conferences, those were unbearable.

It's nice that they just showed games and nothing else, I would've been pissed if it was another "TV, TV, TV, Sports, TV" crap, but it still wasn't too interesting

I'm SUPER hyped for Sunset Overdrive now, and I have high hopes for Scalebound (sadly they showed no gameplay, but it's Platinum so that means I will have an Xbox One at some point)... but that's it. Still waiting for a big price drop on the kinectless Xbox One before grabbing one, they did nothing to prove I should grab one beforehand.

They showed quite a bit of gameplay and quite a few exclusives./ Also, I don't know if the reveal last year just made people stupid but the reveal =/= E3 last year, last year was all games as well.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 12:52:58 pm »
Really boring overall. Very little shown outside of what was already expected. At least they focused on games, so it isn't a complete failure - especially if the games shown happen to be games a person is interested in. For me, only Scalebound seems interesting, but there's next to nothing known about it so I'm still sitting at 1% interest in ever getting an Xbone.

Also timed-exclusive DLC is really dumb. It makes Microsoft seem like a huge jerk when they go "we paid a bunch of money to keep content from people who own other consoles! *brofist*"

I own a 360 and my library for it is one of my largest of all my consoles, so none of this is fanboyism for another console or anything. It's just Microsoft is doing very little to make their new console actually seem appealing compared to anything else. PS4 is kind of sitting the same way, honestly, due to the lack of games all around this gen and even less exclusives, but I think they'll end up turning that around down the road.

I don't understand why you are charging at Microsoft for a Normla practice Sony had been doing for years, Sony even had games removed games were announced on Xbox and they never returned.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 02:09:14 pm »
I guess that I'm the only one here who:

a). doesn't give a shit about (read, watch, follow, and/or care in the least) E3,

b). Has never cared about E3,

c). Will never care about E3, and

d). Won't know anything about what's announced/confirmed at E3 until I'm actually buying/playing it -*AND*- even then...won't know/care at all about what was/wasn't said about it at E3.

TL;DR =

I guess that...I'd need to actually have a modicum of faith & belief in the companies doing what they say that they'll do (*I* don't)

-and-

that the companies would actually need to really give a shit/care about their customers instead of just their bottom lines + #dealingwithit (*THEY* don't)...

...before anything like this would be honest/meaningful enough to bother getting excited about (IMO, of course:)

Q. "How do you know when a video game company-Exec is lying?

A. = "When you see their lips moving:P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Re: Official E3 Thread , MS, Sony, NIN.
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 03:32:36 pm »
So VGcollect kind of glitched out, could not make the other 2 threads and I still can't change this avatar. But basically Sony's conference was ok, kind of went to wonderbook mode for a second, and Nintendo have a very... Bad showing.

spac316

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 01:42:44 pm »
I thought Nintendo made an awesome showing. All companies did somewhat great this year. But Nintendo made a lot of good announcements, even if some were predictable but that doesn't mean they were bad.
Overall, it was a good E3. Not all of it but a good majority.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Official E3 Thread , MS, Sony, NIN.
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 03:18:48 pm »
So VGcollect kind of glitched out, could not make the other 2 threads and I still can't change this avatar. But basically Sony's conference was ok, kind of went to wonderbook mode for a second, and Nintendo have a very... Bad showing.

Why can't you change your avatar?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 03:32:06 pm »
So I'm playing catch up on all the E3 coverage, but man that Yoshi's Woolly World video got me really excited. My girlfriend and I are playing through Yoshi's Island together so this has me super pumped.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 10:37:06 pm »
I'm not normally a big COD guy, but DAMN! Did that gameplay video for COD: Advanced Warfare look freaking awesome, or what?!

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 10:51:28 pm »
I'm not normally a big COD guy, but DAMN! Did that gameplay video for COD: Advanced Warfare look freaking awesome, or what?!

I was super unimpressed with the gunplay, it looks like the same weak stuff as before, no punch to the gun, but the rest of the game did look good though.  Actually a new engine for once, it looks real nice, the gadgets and tech seems really cool, I have sort of a feeling it'll be like the change from COD3 to Modern Warfare back in the day, where this one could be good and kinda sets the bar, and then they just run it into the ground after this lol

I'd still rather play larger Battlefield games though, so I'm not likely to grab this one.  I'm just not into the CoD style anymore, haven't been for years.