Author Topic: E3 Thread!  (Read 10351 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: E3 Thread!
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2014, 02:33:36 pm »
Yet another series that has been tossed into the gutter for all this 3D/FP stuff. I boo in your direction on this Nintendo.

You boo, good sir?  Such a strong response. 

soera

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2014, 02:34:32 pm »
Also kept hearing about No man's sky. I watched the trailer of it and was seriously bored. I dont understand the latest craze of these totally non interactive games. You walk around and look at shit. I remember trying out Flower when it was released. One of the most worthless experiences Ive ever had with a controller in my hand and this game looks to be about the same.

soera

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2014, 02:38:19 pm »
Yet another series that has been tossed into the gutter for all this 3D/FP stuff. I boo in your direction on this Nintendo.

Wish I could do more. The metroid series was possibly my absolute favorite line of games when the NES/SNES/GB was still mostly current. Then Metroid Prime comes out with this stupid first person view of crap and changes the series forever into something less desirable. Change is not always wanted. Rosanne comes to mind! Becky wasnt the same and it caused the entire downfall of the show. :P Bring back my 2D Metroid!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2014, 02:57:30 pm »

Wish I could do more. The metroid series was possibly my absolute favorite line of games when the NES/SNES/GB was still mostly current. Then Metroid Prime comes out with this stupid first person view of crap and changes the series forever into something less desirable. Change is not always wanted. Rosanne comes to mind! Becky wasnt the same and it caused the entire downfall of the show. :P Bring back my 2D Metroid!

I'm with ya.  100%.  I thought Metroid Prime sucked.  Now, I didn't play all the way through the game; but I did give it a fair shot.  That series got redirected into such a different type of game.  Drop me off, all alone on a infested planet.  We don't need much story other than "Get the EFF off this rock!"  Super Metriod is a thing of beauty.  It's a masterpiece.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  Give me more 2D Metroid, and throw in a 2D Kid Icarus while your at it.

argyle

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2014, 03:07:05 pm »
Also kept hearing about No man's sky. I watched the trailer of it and was seriously bored. I dont understand the latest craze of these totally non interactive games. You walk around and look at shit. I remember trying out Flower when it was released. One of the most worthless experiences Ive ever had with a controller in my hand and this game looks to be about the same.

I get Flower, it's a love it or hate it thing.  I thought it was enjoyable for what it was.  But I don't see where you're getting that NMS looks "non interactive".   ??? 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2014, 03:15:11 pm »

Boo...

...*Who*?

:o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2014, 03:24:39 pm »

I get Flower, it's a love it or hate it thing.  I thought it was enjoyable for what it was.  But I don't see where you're getting that NMS looks "non interactive".   ???

By non interactive, I mean the game just appears to be an explore game. At least thats what the trailer looked like. You walk around on the planet and look at the animals/dinosaurs walking around. Nothing to do otherwise. I did see some space travel but didnt add much as far as Im concerned.

soera

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2014, 03:26:50 pm »
I'm with ya.  100%.  I thought Metroid Prime sucked.  Now, I didn't play all the way through the game; but I did give it a fair shot.  That series got redirected into such a different type of game.  Drop me off, all alone on a infested planet.  We don't need much story other than "Get the EFF off this rock!"  Super Metroid is a thing of beauty.  It's a masterpiece.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  Give me more 2D Metroid, and throw in a 2D Kid Icarus while your at it.

If it didnt have the word Metroid in the title, it wouldnt be any different of a game than it is right now. And thats what sucks. There is nothing defining the game as "Metroid".

argyle

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2014, 03:30:34 pm »

By non interactive, I mean the game just appears to be an explore game. At least thats what the trailer looked like. You walk around on the planet and look at the animals/dinosaurs walking around. Nothing to do otherwise. I did see some space travel but didnt add much as far as Im concerned.

Watch this short interview w/ one of the devs - it's definitely not a "walk around & look at the pretty scenery" game.  ;)

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/11/no-mans-sky-the-story-gameplay-and-multiplayer-explained
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dreama1

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2014, 04:10:27 pm »
Don't worry IMO, you're not wrong just because I think that some people accepted what I'd call" mediocrity". Remember during the 6th generation (PS2, Xbox, GameCube) (I thought that) we had too many sport games and racing games. I thought that was bad because (IMO), we needed more variety but (IMO) things got worse in the 7th generation. (IMO), Developers started giving us way too many 1st and 3rd person shooter games. Do we *I* really need a new Call Of Duty game every year? Do we *I* really need a new fifa and madden game every year? Do we I really need WANT a new need for speed game every year?

The MY answer to these are no we I don’t, we need more variety. Luckily for us we are not getting as many sports and racing games. Some sports and racing franchises are dead now, or on hiatus. But we are still getting too many shooting games. The PS4 and Xbox One are not 2 months old yet and they already have a bunch of shooting games coming to them. The Wii U is 1-year-old and it already has 2 Mario games or 5 if you include new super luigi U, Doctor luigi and mario & sonic at the winter olympic Games. Mario needs a break, Nintendo needs to stop making Mario games for a while and bring back old IPs or create new ones. The Wonderful 101 is a great new IP but we need more. Mario makes too much money for Nintendo and shooting games are making too much money so they won’t stop giving us more of the same unless we stop buying the same type of games over and over again.

Those who started gaming this generation will probably disagree with the things I’ve stated. That’s understandable because you don’t know better, but old school gamers come from a time where everything was better and cheaper. Old school gamers who are happy with today’s gaming industry are those who are easily satisfied: ‘just give me my favorite games with great graphics and I’m happy.’ We have the power to make this generation great, but they won't do it and if we continue to do nothing then we will have another video game crash in the future. Remember that developers are nothing without our money, so please vote with your wallets.

I rest my case & I state my opinions as facts

D'oh!
??? no pretty factual for most part. Noticed you didn't point anything out hmm.

Pffft!

Oh my - it would be much quicker & easier to try to isolate & point out any facts in here than it would be opinions  :o

Funny thing is - I even agree with a lot of your opinions & what you're saying...I would just never presume to be so pompous to state all of my thoughts, likes, & dislikes as facts and/or to post/imply that my answers are the ("only"/"right") ones...

it's okay, though...just takes practice  ;)
[/quote]
I don't mind if you think i'm wrong, or don't agree i'm really not above correction, but I would prefer you say what part you don't agree with instead of bombing me with ad hominem attacks you know.  :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2014, 04:18:00 pm »
Don't worry IMO, you're not wrong just because I think that some people accepted what I'd call" mediocrity". Remember during the 6th generation (PS2, Xbox, GameCube) (I thought that) we had too many sport games and racing games. I thought that was bad because (IMO), we needed more variety but (IMO) things got worse in the 7th generation. (IMO), Developers started giving us way too many 1st and 3rd person shooter games. Do we *I* really need a new Call Of Duty game every year? Do we *I* really need a new fifa and madden game every year? Do we I really need WANT a new need for speed game every year?

The MY answer to these are no we I don’t, we need more variety. Luckily for us we are not getting as many sports and racing games. Some sports and racing franchises are dead now, or on hiatus. But we are still getting too many shooting games. The PS4 and Xbox One are not 2 months old yet and they already have a bunch of shooting games coming to them. The Wii U is 1-year-old and it already has 2 Mario games or 5 if you include new super luigi U, Doctor luigi and mario & sonic at the winter olympic Games. Mario needs a break, Nintendo needs to stop making Mario games for a while and bring back old IPs or create new ones. The Wonderful 101 is a great new IP but we need more. Mario makes too much money for Nintendo and shooting games are making too much money so they won’t stop giving us more of the same unless we stop buying the same type of games over and over again.

Those who started gaming this generation will probably disagree with the things I’ve stated. That’s understandable because you don’t know better, but old school gamers come from a time where everything was better and cheaper. Old school gamers who are happy with today’s gaming industry are those who are easily satisfied: ‘just give me my favorite games with great graphics and I’m happy.’ We have the power to make this generation great, but they won't do it and if we continue to do nothing then we will have another video game crash in the future. Remember that developers are nothing without our money, so please vote with your wallets.

I rest my case & I state my opinions as facts

D'oh!
??? no pretty factual for most part. Noticed you didn't point anything out hmm.

Pffft!

Oh my - it would be much quicker & easier to try to isolate & point out any facts in here than it would be opinions  :o

Funny thing is - I even agree with a lot of your opinions & what you're saying...I would just never presume to be so pompous to state all of my thoughts, likes, & dislikes as facts and/or to post/imply that my answers are the ("only"/"right") ones...

it's okay, though...just takes practice  ;)
I don't mind if you think i'm wrong, or don't agree i'm really not above correction, but I would prefer you say what part you don't agree with instead of bombing me with ad hominem attacks you know.  :D
[/quote]

Attacking you?

I was (nicely) trying to make the point that stating your likes/dislikes, thoughts, and/or opinions like they're 'statistics' (or facts/generalizations)...instead of just sharing them & talking about things in a more open-minded/opinion-based kind of way could *NOT* be a bad thing.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2014, 04:27:01 pm »

For what it's worth, Nintendo has one more unannounced 3DS game they'll be talking about tonight. Some people are thinking it's Metroid, but don't get your hopes up too much.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2014, 05:54:28 pm »
I'm excited Nintendo's going to be making GameCube Controllers again.

blipcs76

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2014, 09:58:42 am »
Very excited to see Pac Man is joining the Smash Bros. roster.

I can't wait for my first Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man brawl!!!

karyann

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2014, 10:45:48 am »
Very excited to see Pac Man is joining the Smash Bros. roster.

I can't wait for my first Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man brawl!!!

Yeah, it's definitely gonna be one of our new "thematic fights"! I used to do these all the time in Melee with my best friend. Like a Swordmen fight (Link, young Link, Marth and Roy), Pokémon fight, and so on. And there are so many new characters that it's going to give a lot of different match-ups, I think!