Author Topic: Video Game Tattoos!  (Read 4802 times)

karyann

Re: Video Game Tattoos!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 11:25:53 am »
I find that the things that were important to me while I was growing up, don't go out of style for me. I have a Fallout tattoo because I played a lot of it while I was home schooled. Despite what I think of the games now, they meant something to me during that time.

My next tattoo will probably be an Earthbound one. I don't think I'll ever stop enjoying that game. I have a lot of memories associated with it.

Besides that, mine are all located on the back of my shoulders so I don't have to look at them all the time if I don't want to :P

All very good points! :) It's true that something that has a deep meaning that hasn't faded with time, is likely to stay interesting for a long time still.

soera

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 11:31:35 am »
Body modification grosses me out.

unmodified bodies gross me out.

opinions; Yay!

I second this post!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 01:05:53 pm »

opinions; Yay!

I second this post!

I know, right = just seems kind of trollish to take the time to post in a thread when the entirety of your comment/contribution is:

"Ewwww...you all gross me out"  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 02:17:55 pm »

opinions; Yay!

I second this post!

I know, right = just seems kind of trollish to take the time to post in a thread when the entirety of your comment/contribution is:

Well their username is BadATchaos. Probably should have realized it was some kind of warning  ;D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 04:00:10 pm »

opinions; Yay!

I second this post!

Well their username is BadATchaos. Probably should have realized it was some kind of warning  ;D

Well-played, you..."lesser half", you  :o :-\ :-[ :'(

bobster

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 04:10:36 pm »
;D

I'll have Rentgirl take a picture of my tattoos tonight and post em. More people need to post their tattoos!

karyann

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 04:33:06 pm »
;D

I'll have Rentgirl take a picture of my tattoos tonight and post em. More people need to post their tattoos!

My mother's getting a Yoshi tattoo soon, maybe I should post it too when she does :P haha. I think she has 6 or 7 right now. She said she'd pay me my first tattoo for my 16th birthday, and I'm still waiting to claim this gift. Maybe someday  :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 04:59:21 pm »
;D

I'll have Rentgirl take a picture of my tattoos tonight and post em.

*Puh-lease* no NSFW ones, Bobster!

90snostalga

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 07:39:32 pm »
;D

I think I would love to see that!   ;)

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 08:51:32 pm »
;D

My mother's getting a Yoshi tattoo soon, maybe I should post it too when she does :P haha. I think she has 6 or 7 right now. She said she'd pay me my first tattoo for my 16th birthday, and I'm still waiting to claim this gift. Maybe someday  :P

Oh man Yoshi tattoo that's awesome! I would definitely hold her to that, if you want one of course.

foxhack

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 10:33:23 pm »
Folks, just keep all photos PG, allright? We don't want anyone getting in trouble over them.

I'm personally not a fan of tattoos and most piercings in general, and as such I'll stay in the sidelines. But again. Keep it classy. Please.

abe

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 10:42:32 pm »
Folks, just keep all photos PG, allright? We don't want anyone getting in trouble over them.

I'm personally not a fan of tattoos and most piercings in general, and as such I'll stay in the sidelines. But again. Keep it classy. Please.

No butt tattoos? :'( Just kidding :P

Any Earthbound tattoo is an awesome tattoo, except for the lame ones. Sorta off-topic, but not unrelated question for those who've gotten tattoos before. How can you tell the good, legit tattoo parlors from the sketchy ones? Most of the ones in my area seem a bit off. :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 10:57:13 pm »

Any Earthbound tattoo is an awesome tattoo, except for the lame ones. Sorta off-topic, but not unrelated question for those who've gotten tattoos before. How can you tell the good, legit tattoo parlors from the sketchy ones? Most of the ones in my area seem a bit off. :-\

I asked around first and went to a place that a couple of my friends went to. Sorry I can't be anymore help but I would say just ask around.

bobster

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 08:19:23 am »

First thing I look for is if the tattoo artists have tattoos themselves. It's kind of like a skinny cook. You want someone that loves what they do. Other than that, if there's generally people in the parlor, that's a good sign. Also, they are usually more than happy to show you their previous works.

That'll generally get you an idea.

blipcs76

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 10:37:11 am »
I'm not a tattoo person, but I've always thought about if I do ever get one, it's going to be a stylized version of the Zelda crest across my upper back.  It's been done lots of times, but it would be a really nice looking design.  Second choice would be the circular Samus icon, probably on my shoulder.
Like this?

That'd be subtle but instantly recognizable!

Yeah, but I'd go for the more metallic version, like this: