Author Topic: Nintendo Power  (Read 5147 times)

bobster

Nintendo Power
« on: June 25, 2014, 07:48:31 pm »
So over the course of the last two weekends, I've come across two stacks of Nintendo Power magazines. The price was right, so I picked them up. They are a thing I now collect apparently!

But I digress. I have about 15 duplicates that I have no use for. Preferably, I'd like to trade for other Nintendo Power magazines, but if you're interested regardless, let me know. Here's a picture.

They are as follows:

Vol. 16: Maniac Mansion (front cover is  separated from the rest, but all the pages are there.)
Vol. 17: Final Fantasy Strategy Guide
Vol. 20: Mega Man III
Vol. 22: Metal Storm
Vol. 25: Battle Toads
Vol. 26: Robin Hood
Vol. 28: Super Mario World
Vol. 30: Final Fantasy II
Vol. 31: Metroid (appears to be Metroid II)
Vol. 32: Super Castlevania IV
Vol. 35: WWF
Vol. 39: Mario Paint (with Street Fighter II SECRET CODE!!!1!!)
Vol. 42: Super Star Wars
Vol. 43: Road Runners Death Valley Rally
Vol. 45: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt.

I believe all of them have their posters and everything, but if you want more details about any of them, let me know and I'll be happy to get back to you.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

90snostalga

Re: Nintendo Power
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 07:57:47 pm »
Bob, I dont have any other Nintendo Powers to trade with, only a few Final Fantasy strategy guides I dont care for.  Just curious, how much would you take total to sell them?

argyle

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 08:51:13 pm »
I have some Gamecube-era Nintendo Powers that I was wanting to off-load, but I don't really want more magazines in place of them.  ;)  If you're interested & willing to work out something else (some other trade or whatever) let me know & I'll tell you which specific issues I have.  Quite a few I know - almost all of them have their posters as well. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 08:56:41 pm »
Bob, I dont have any other Nintendo Powers to trade with, only a few Final Fantasy strategy guides I dont care for.  Just curious, how much would you take total to sell them?

So I am at least interested in the Final Fantasy strategy guides. May I ask which ones you have?

soera

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 09:23:00 pm »
Any of these issues have any DQ stuff in them? :D

bobster

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 10:58:09 pm »
I'll mimic what Rentgirl said and see what FF guides you have. We have a good amount ourselves, but you might have something we want! As far as price, I'm not sure yet. Feel free to PM me an offer if you'd like.

I have some Gamecube-era Nintendo Powers that I was wanting to off-load, but I don't really want more magazines in place of them.  ;)  If you're interested & willing to work out something else (some other trade or whatever) let me know & I'll tell you which specific issues I have.  Quite a few I know - almost all of them have their posters as well.
Yeah I think I'd be interested! As far as trading, I'm not sure I really have anything that appeals to your tastes. I know you're big into JRPG games, which I'm sadly lacking in. Your wishlist is really sparse, and your collection looks to have only 5 NES games lol. If you're interested in NES games, I have a bunch of spares.

Any of these issues have any DQ stuff in them? :D
Only thing substantial I found were these two pages. A couple other issues had people asking questions on how to do something in some of the DQ games.

argyle

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 11:26:58 pm »
Yeah, I don't have all of my NES games entered, but I don't really collect for NES either (don't even own a system right now).  I mainly collect for PS2, PS3, Gamecube, Wii & DS.  While JRPGs are my favorite genre and I do want to complete my JRPG collection on PS2 & PS3 specifically, I'm interested in pretty much anything non-sports that I don't have that's good.  Oh, and any PS2 survival horror games I'm missing.

I don't have time tonight to take pics, but the NP issues I have are issue #'s 160-171, 175-179, 181, 182, 184-186 & 194.  That covers from '03 (Super Mario Sunshine is on the cover of #160) through '04, with one random '05 issue thrown in for good measure.  ;)  I'll take some pics probably this weekend & go through and see which ones are missing posters (not many, I know).  Oh, and one of those had a special Smash Bros. soundtrack in it - I'm keeping that.  :P 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 02:45:40 am »
I would also like to know what you want for all of them.

A lot of theses are ones I am missing but I have no dupes to trade. :(

Edit: just read your previous answer. I'll PM you.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:58:07 am by dashv »

bobster

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 09:51:19 am »
Yeah, I don't have all of my NES games entered, but I don't really collect for NES either (don't even own a system right now).  I mainly collect for PS2, PS3, Gamecube, Wii & DS.  While JRPGs are my favorite genre and I do want to complete my JRPG collection on PS2 & PS3 specifically, I'm interested in pretty much anything non-sports that I don't have that's good.  Oh, and any PS2 survival horror games I'm missing.

I don't have time tonight to take pics, but the NP issues I have are issue #'s 160-171, 175-179, 181, 182, 184-186 & 194.  That covers from '03 (Super Mario Sunshine is on the cover of #160) through '04, with one random '05 issue thrown in for good measure.  ;)  I'll take some pics probably this weekend & go through and see which ones are missing posters (not many, I know).  Oh, and one of those had a special Smash Bros. soundtrack in it - I'm keeping that.  :P
I'll take a look and see if I have anything that might be of interest to you, but I'm thinking I don't have anything for trade you'd like. But I'd still be interested in what you got. I look forward to seeing more!

I guess I'll let you keep the soundtrack  :'(

argyle

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 10:08:21 pm »
Y'know, I hate to do this...but as I was lining them up, taking pics, going through to see which ones didn't have posters...I decided I should just keep them.  ;)  It seemed at least every other issue had something in it that made me think "man, I think I'd really like to hang onto that..."  And heck, getting rid of the first year of Nintendo Power is one of those things I still regret - I had gotten them when they first came out as a kid & kept them in really good condition all those years.  Then my mom, about 11-12 years ago, asked me if I had any of them because the son of one of her coworkers wanted them and for some reason I guess I felt "generous" and gave them to her.   :o  :'(

So yeah.  Gonna see what "learning from my mistakes" feels like.  ;)  Heck, I might even start keeping an eye out for more issues myself. 

bobster

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 08:23:05 am »
Y'know, I hate to do this...but as I was lining them up, taking pics, going through to see which ones didn't have posters...I decided I should just keep them.  ;)  It seemed at least every other issue had something in it that made me think "man, I think I'd really like to hang onto that..."  And heck, getting rid of the first year of Nintendo Power is one of those things I still regret - I had gotten them when they first came out as a kid & kept them in really good condition all those years.  Then my mom, about 11-12 years ago, asked me if I had any of them because the son of one of her coworkers wanted them and for some reason I guess I felt "generous" and gave them to her.   :o  :'(

So yeah.  Gonna see what "learning from my mistakes" feels like.  ;)  Heck, I might even start keeping an eye out for more issues myself.
Hahah fair enough! I totally understand wanting to keep them :D.

Looking through all the ones I'm offering the other day for Soera (for DQ stuff), I was surprised at what kind of information is actually in these Nintendo Powers. One of them had a logical circuit diagram of the Nintendo to show how a game remembers your saves and how ROMs work. Another one had a Nintendo taken apart and pointed out all the hardware and what it does. I thought that was pretty cool.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 09:08:51 pm »

Hahah fair enough! I totally understand wanting to keep them :D.

Looking through all the ones I'm offering the other day for Soera (for DQ stuff), I was surprised at what kind of information is actually in these Nintendo Powers. One of them had a logical circuit diagram of the Nintendo to show how a game remembers your saves and how ROMs work. Another one had a Nintendo taken apart and pointed out all the hardware and what it does. I thought that was pretty cool.

Which issues were those?

bobster

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 09:43:31 pm »
Which issues were those?
Issues 20 & 22. Here are pics of those pages (I really need to get a scanner.)

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 09:23:04 pm »
There's a lot in that set I might like. I've thought about putting together a 1-100 issue set.

I've got a bunch of extra issues from the N64 era if you'd be interested. I'll have to look at which ones I've got...

maximo310

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 11:56:58 pm »
Wow, those articles about the nes tech stuff in issues 20+22 are pretty interesting and I would like to get that in the future. Seems pretty in depth and descriptive, which really come in handy when repairing nes stuff!