Author Topic: Edit Rejections / Changed Edits Questions  (Read 2955 times)

argyle

Edit Rejections / Changed Edits Questions
« on: July 12, 2014, 04:27:11 pm »
I was adding the NA PSN version of Wild Arms 2 when I noticed a ton of "garbage" characters in the box text, so I submitted an edit that removed them but it was rejected.  Here's a link so you can see the characters I'm talking about - they show up in front of the trademark logos:

http://vgcollect.com/item/28750

Am I the only one seeing the garbage characters and that's why my edit was rejected, or did the person reviewing it just not notice them?  Trying to see if I'm going crazy here.  ;) 

**EDIT**  Changed the topic to make it more of a catch-all thread.  :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:55:27 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

Re: Wild Arms 2 edit rejected - garbage characters in description
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »
Yep, I rejected it, because the text you submitted also looked corrupted in the approval page. Those damn copyright symbols, man.

Please resubmit the text without them. Sorry for the trouble.

argyle

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:14:14 pm »
NP, I just wanted to know what the issue was exactly because I've seen those corrupted characters before.

I just submitted a new one, copied & pasted the description from the PSN site that didn't have any of those logos. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 03:50:03 am »
Your edit to FAMILY GUY THE VIDEO GAME was rejected.
Saturday July 19th, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Field:   Name
New Value:   Family Guy Video Game! <<<<< its called this, or do we need more ghost items?

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 01:41:05 pm »
Your edit to FAMILY GUY THE VIDEO GAME was rejected.
Saturday July 19th, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Field:   Name
New Value:   Family Guy Video Game! <<<<< its called this, or do we need more ghost items?

No, I messed up. I didn't think they'd actually use that stupid title. My bad. :|

argyle

Re: Edit Rejections / Changed Edits Questions
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 08:57:03 am »
I submitted a new image for Rayman Origins (Vita - PSN - US) yesterday and saw this morning it was accepted.  But when I pull up the listing it has a different image - it's not the one I submitted and it's not the old one either (and it's not good :P).  Submitted mine again, but just posting here to see what's up, if there was a reason it was changed I don't want to get into a "edit war".  ;)

http://vgcollect.com/item/47794

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 03:19:07 pm »
I submitted a new image for Rayman Origins (Vita - PSN - US) yesterday and saw this morning it was accepted.  But when I pull up the listing it has a different image - it's not the one I submitted and it's not the old one either (and it's not good :P).  Submitted mine again, but just posting here to see what's up, if there was a reason it was changed I don't want to get into a "edit war".  ;)

I sent you a private message explaining the reason immediately after I rejected it.

Hey. Sorry for the bother but I rejected your cover art because that's the physical box version cover.

The cover art I replaced it with was taken from Sony's web store page for the game. The Playstation.com page has physical and digital purchase options, if you click on "buy download" you get sent to that link above.

Sorry!

And I agree, it's not good. But that's what Ubisoft submitted to Sony! Even their "high res" version is crap. Compare this one for All-Stars Battle Royale to the Rayman Origins one. Ubisoft is lazy.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:21:37 pm by foxhack »

argyle

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 05:55:51 pm »

I sent you a private message explaining the reason immediately after I rejected it.

Hey. Sorry for the bother but I rejected your cover art because that's the physical box version cover.

The cover art I replaced it with was taken from Sony's web store page for the game. The Playstation.com page has physical and digital purchase options, if you click on "buy download" you get sent to that link above.

Sorry!

And I agree, it's not good. But that's what Ubisoft submitted to Sony! Even their "high res" version is crap. Compare this one for All-Stars Battle Royale to the Rayman Origins one. Ubisoft is lazy.

So question (to you, and anyone else that wants to chime in on the subject): Why don't we change the standard for digital games to state that if the digital and physical games are the same content-wise, then we use the appropriate physical box art for the digital copy?  Since there is absolutely no conformity when it comes to digital releases & their art.  Heck, it's not uncommon to see different art depending on where you view it (for example, PS2 classics show some kind of unique art typically when you purchase them in the store, but the art that shows once you download them is the standard box art).

The OCD in me despises looking at my digital collection, and I've honestly put off adding digital games to the database because it can be an enormous pain in the rear to 1) determine what is "official" digital artwork and 2) find a semi hi-res version of said artwork so that it doesn't look like complete crap.  :-\ 

Any thoughts on this? 

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »
So question (to you, and anyone else that wants to chime in on the subject): Why don't we change the standard for digital games to state that if the digital and physical games are the same content-wise, then we use the appropriate physical box art for the digital copy?  Since there is absolutely no conformity when it comes to digital releases & their art.  Heck, it's not uncommon to see different art depending on where you view it (for example, PS2 classics show some kind of unique art typically when you purchase them in the store, but the art that shows once you download them is the standard box art).

The OCD in me despises looking at my digital collection, and I've honestly put off adding digital games to the database because it can be an enormous pain in the rear to 1) determine what is "official" digital artwork and 2) find a semi hi-res version of said artwork so that it doesn't look like complete crap.  :-\ 

Any thoughts on this?

We're supposed to use the digital artwork, but when people submit new entries they can use whatever image they please, so we have a ton of incorrect artwork in entries because the original submitter either couldn't be bothered to look for something that fits, or just copied the image from somewhere else.

And then we have retailers that are inconsistent between regions. Like Shantae (DS VC) in Europe and NA.

Even Sony uses different artwork between their PlayStation pages and store purchase page! For PSOne Classics I've been using the PlayStation.com images because those are shown in the PSP store (I verified this using my nephew's account.)

And don't tell me about your OCD... you should see me go on Steam correction rampages when someone adds a ton of games and doesn't even add the genre or the right images...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:39:18 pm by foxhack »

argyle

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 10:22:06 pm »

Any thoughts on this?

We're supposed to use the digital artwork, but when people submit new entries they can use whatever image they please, so we have a ton of incorrect artwork in entries because the original submitter either couldn't be bothered to look for something that fits, or just copied the image from somewhere else.

And then we have retailers that are inconsistent between regions. Like Shantae (DS VC) in Europe and NA.

Even Sony uses different artwork between their PlayStation pages and store purchase page! For PSOne Classics I've been using the PlayStation.com images because those are shown in the PSP store (I verified this using my nephew's account.)

And don't tell me about your OCD... you should see me go on Steam correction rampages when someone adds a ton of games and doesn't even add the genre or the right images...

Yeah this is the inconsistency I was referring to, not here but from the publishers themselves.  Which is why it makes more sense to me just to use the retail box art. 

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 10:42:02 pm »
Yeah this is the inconsistency I was referring to, not here but from the publishers themselves.  Which is why it makes more sense to me just to use the retail box art. 

Not a good idea. Next thing you know people will start adding their digital games as physical because they saw the cover and thought "ooh, this must be it." And not all digital Vita games have retail box art; I've had to delete fake retail art for digital-only games that has been sourced from less than reputable websites several times.

We have to maintain some sort of image standard here.

argyle

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 11:01:13 pm »
OK, I'll just agree to disagree.  :)

I almost never buy digital anymore anyway unless it's only offered digitally, so it will be a non-issue for me going forward. 

foxhack

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 11:11:48 pm »
 :-\

And now I feel like the bad guy.

argyle

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 11:43:09 pm »
:-\

And now I feel like the bad guy.

Nono, don't - it's not like I'm upset about it or anything.   :)

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 04:52:38 am »
I am new to the site and I have been adding and editing some entries during the last days. How long does it usually take until the edits are accepted or rejected? I don't see any notifications and the database entries are still unchanged, even the ones I created myself (and later added artwork for). So I am a little confused. Am I missing something? I am a little hesitant to edit any other entries if the changes are somehow lost or I am doing something wrong.