Author Topic: Which one is the best?  (Read 2576 times)

Which one is the best?
« on: July 13, 2014, 10:06:23 pm »
Which one is the best Zelda game (not including spin offs)? Mine is preferably Ocarina of Time.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Which one is the best?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 10:24:02 pm »
Link to the Past!  Hands down!  Not only is it the best Zelda game, it's also one if the best games ever.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 11:22:15 pm »
LttP is pretty damn good, but for some reason I'm drawn toward Link's Awakening more.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 11:54:32 pm »
LttP is pretty damn good, but for some reason I'm drawn toward Link's Awakening more.

Are you scared of color?  Did the 16-bit processor intimidate you? 

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 12:25:34 am »
Hey, Hey. There's a color version.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 01:21:07 am »
It might be Ocarina of Time for me, it's a tough say.  The original has huge nostalgia for me, and LTTP is great, but I think I'll Ocarina of Time for now.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 02:47:00 am »
I would've said wind waker, but recently playing through it again on the wii u, I have some complaints to say the least haha. I think Ocarina of Time or A link to the past are both still fantastic to play through especially the 3d OOT

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 02:51:25 am »
Link to the Past is the perfect Zelda game. The new sequel on 3DS is also extremely good at capturing the classic Zelda spirit of exploration.

argyle

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 03:53:43 am »
Link to the Past!  Hands down!  Not only is it the best Zelda game, it's also one if the best games ever.

I don't always agree with ya Turf, but when you're right you're right.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 05:21:42 am »
I would've said wind waker, but recently playing through it again on the wii u, I have some complaints to say the least haha. I think Ocarina of Time or A link to the past are both still fantastic to play through especially the 3d OOT

I wish it was remade for the Wii U, but I need to pick up the 3DS OOT port myself.  Been awhile since I've actually played the old games.

abe

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 05:35:27 am »
It's may not be the best, but Ocarina of Time is my personal favorite & one of the most popular.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 07:57:54 am »
Hands down Ocarina of Time. i've beat it from start to finish about 8-times since it was released and it just never gets old. The only game I have ever played that I enjoy more is Shenmue.

argyle

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 09:14:05 am »
My full rankings of the console games I've played, because I'm bored.  ;)

• A Link to the Past
  • Majora's Mask
  • Wind Waker
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Twilight Princess
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Ocarina of Time

Haven't played enough of Skyward Sword to rank it, mainly due to the crap-tastic motion controls. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 10:41:14 am »
I really couldnt get into the 3d N64 and on Zelda games. But I hear so much about Ocarina of Time that I should give it another go.

With that being said, I agree with Turf. Link to the past is my top choice right now followed by Link between worlds. I do not like Zelda II and I really get bored fast of all the 4 swords games. The original I have played through a lot of times and it never gets old.

I may do some Zelda play throughs and see which one truly wins in the end.

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 11:10:24 am »
Link The Faces of Evil. It's a pretty challenging and funny (Intentional or not) game. A lot of people have this "terrible" game mindset and all of a sudden they play it unlike how they play any other video game so they make themselves think it's garbage when it's actually just one of those bad fun games.

Granted, it's tied with Twilight Princess.

But overall I am not a Zelda guy so I know people will hit me for saying Twilight Princess is the best.