Author Topic: Club Nintendo platinum/gold reward 2014 are out  (Read 6513 times)

Re: Club Nintendo platinum/gold reward 2014 are out
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 09:17:19 pm »
This makes me really angry.  If you click through from that article to the Japanese Club Nintendo site, they have a ton of cool stuff to choose from for just regular rewards - in addition to the awesome Yoshi plush there are soundtracks, what looks like at least one physical game, those DS cases that hold 18 games that they can't/won't keep in stock over here and other random stuff.  Meanwhile I've been stockpiling points for months because there is nothing worth spending them on.  Very lame, Nintendo.

Yeah I have 1000 points right now and there's nothing to get at all.  I haven't seen anything that good since the Luigi statue lol

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 09:58:09 pm »
Like many of you, I was very disappointed at the Gold and Platinum rewards. We gave Nintendo our money and they offer us nothing of actual substance or value back. . .THANKS!!! :/

Just so my status doesn't go to waste, I'll probably end up getting NES Remix, but I am leaning towards DKCR. What a let down though. .

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 10:03:26 pm »
Like many of you, I was very disappointed at the Gold and Platinum rewards. We gave Nintendo our money and they offer us nothing of actual substance or value back. . .THANKS!!! :/

You did get the games you bought. So, that's something.

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 10:10:04 pm »

Agreed, but the Club N points are part of the incentive to buy their games. If I can't actually get anything of substance in return there is little incentive to go out of my way for new Nintendo games, at least for me.

soera

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 10:33:10 pm »
Its tough for me to get gold/plat every year cause, for the most part, I dont care about Nintendo first party games and the systems only register one system per account (which means if you buy 5000 Wiis, you can register 1 for points and the other 4999 are just wasted). I just will not go through the trouble to do so from here on out. :(

90snostalga

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 10:33:20 pm »
I'm very upset.  Logged into my Club Nintendo account and the prize for Platinum is only downloadable games?????  No actual collectible item????  I'm upset about this and if this is the case, I'm not sure I see the point for Club Nintendo.  Not much physical items to choose from with regular points.

spac316

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 10:39:45 pm »
Yes, I'm very disappointed. I had platinum status for about a year or so and this is what we get. Bullshit.
I hate to sound ungrateful but after all the cool stuff we got in previous years, this is bittersweet. I'm noticing the lack of rewards as of late and it seems like they are phasing them out. Makes me wonder what's the point of continuing?

Anyway, I got Dillon's rolling Western.

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 11:09:55 pm »
Everyone in every forum i have looked at is pissed by this.
Nintendo has upset a lot of people.

abe

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 11:18:10 pm »
Everyone in every forum i have looked at is pissed by this.
Nintendo has upset a lot of people.

Probably because a lot of people buy more Nintendo games than they normally would so they can get the cool rewards... which Nintendo doesn't seem to care about anymore. >:( Hey, if they gave out physical copies of those games for the rewards, it might be less shitty. Even that would still be worse than the cool rewards from previous years.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

spac316

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 11:53:19 pm »
While I do buy Nintendo games to play them primarily, the reward points were a nice bonus incentive. But if they they keep this up, many people will give up on Club Nintendo especially how much of a joke it has became recently compared to Japan's. They better not let us down farther because they are treading on thin ice right now...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:10:58 am by spac316 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2014, 12:18:57 am »
Hey, at least we get something free. They aren't obligated to give us anything except the game we initially paid for.

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2014, 01:40:55 am »
Hey, at least we get something free. They aren't obligated to give us anything except the game we initially paid for.

True, but they've had this going for awhile and people had expectations on what to likely see and at the very least, statues down to playing cards, they were generally an item meant to be exclusive and unique.  Just some free digital games that don't cost them anything seems kinda cheap compared to years before.

karyann

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2014, 08:56:02 am »
Its tough for me to get gold/plat every year cause, for the most part, I dont care about Nintendo first party games and the systems only register one system per account (which means if you buy 5000 Wiis, you can register 1 for points and the other 4999 are just wasted). I just will not go through the trouble to do so from here on out. :(

If you create another account under the main one (this is called "family account"), you can register games and systems that you already have registered on the main one, and the coins are shared between family accounts!

argyle

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2014, 09:36:16 am »

True, but they've had this going for awhile and people had expectations on what to likely see and at the very least, statues down to playing cards, they were generally an item meant to be exclusive and unique.  Just some free digital games that don't cost them anything seems kinda cheap compared to years before.

We got the "one year membership in the jelly of the month club".  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

blipcs76

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 10:05:00 am »

Agreed, but the Club N points are part of the incentive to buy their games. If I can't actually get anything of substance in return there is little incentive to go out of my way for new Nintendo games, at least for me.

Good point.  I have less incentive to pay full retail for a new game when the codes are pretty much meaningless now, so in the future I'll be much more likely to buy used rather than new.  Pikmin 3 at Target? $60.  Pikmin 3 on eBay? $30.  Not a hard decision.