Author Topic: Nintendo Wii U!!!  (Read 8429 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Nintendo Wii U!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2014, 12:27:31 am »
they haven't even released the big Zelda title or really even the proper Mario title yet.

Wouldn't that be Super Mario 3D World? Or for the more traditional: New Super Mario U?

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2014, 12:37:55 am »
they haven't even released the big Zelda title or really even the proper Mario title yet.

Wouldn't that be Super Mario 3D World? Or for the more traditional: New Super Mario U?

Nah, Super Mario 3D World is more just like an extension of the New Super Mario Stuff and a sequel to 3D Land on the 3DS.  Really, it just feels like they took what was gonna be a 3DS sequel and then brought it onto the Wii U cause they really needed a big Mario game lol  I don't feel like it's had its Sunshine or Galaxy yet.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »

I agree with this^  Both of these games are great fully fledged Mario titles....  I enjoyed them both a lot....

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2014, 05:29:39 pm »

I agree with this^  Both of these games are great fully fledged Mario titles....  I enjoyed them both a lot....

They are proper Mario's for sure, but they aren't the ones that kinda lead to Mario doing different or new stuff like 64, Sunshine, or Galaxy. New Super Mario, and the 3D series, are very safe, standard, Mario games. Absolutely fun to play, but they don't bring much new excitement to the series.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2014, 10:01:40 pm »
As far as E3 goes, I want to see the Legend Of Zelda that they're currently developing.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

argyle

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2014, 10:51:27 pm »
I wanna see what Retro is doing now, and I'm hoping it's a new Metroid (tho a non-Prime game would be preferable).  Of course, I wouldn't complain about a new IP from Nintendo or one of their first-party devs either. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dreama1

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2014, 02:10:06 am »
I wanna see what Retro is doing now, and I'm hoping it's a new Metroid (tho a non-Prime game would be preferable).  Of course, I wouldn't complain about a new IP from Nintendo or one of their first-party devs either.
New IP's fingers crossed. No point flogging a dead horse.

blipcs76

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 10:41:48 am »
I would say that this E3 is by far the most critical one in Nintendo's history.  They've essentially lost everyone but the Nintendo fanboys at this point, so they need to do something amazing to rebuild faith in the company.  Seeing a new Zelda or Metroid would be great, but they need something more.  They need an Uncharted/Gears of War/Infamous.  They need to show they're going to expand beyond their safe, family-friendly franchises.  They need to show some innovative uses of the gamepad that can't be replicated elsewhere and they need to show they're serious about getting 3rd parties on board.  The Wii U is essentially a first-party machine at this point, so if it's your only console you're going to miss out on most of what the rest of the gaming world is experiencing.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but it's hard to watch them be so oblivious to the realities of modern gaming.  The casual market you built with the Wii has completely moved on to tablets and phones.  You're not getting them back -- you have to focus on getting gamers rather than grandmas to invest in your brand.  That's going to take you breaking away from the blue ocean strategy that worked for you once.

Here's some of what I would do to 'fix' Nintendo:

- More exclusivity. The Wii U needs more games like X and Bayonetta 2.  These games will encourage gamers to pick up Wii U as a second console.
- More 2nd party devs.  Nintendo desperately needs games, so they should offload this task to companies that can branch out and deliver something different.
- Bring some surprises.  Unveil a new Fatal Frame, or if they can get the rights to it -- Eternal Darkness.  A new ED would be a huge deal. 
- New franchises.  Nintendo needs some new IPs.  Pikmin is pretty much the last new core franchise they've introduced and that was a decade ago.
- Stop chasing casuals.  That market is gone.

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 03:24:30 pm »
Announcing Fatal Frame for western release on the Wii U, showing off how you can use the camera with the gamepad would be awesome.  That  should be quite enticing to the horror crowd I think.

dreama1

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2014, 06:36:23 pm »
I would say that this E3 is by far the most critical one in Nintendo's history.  They've essentially lost everyone but the Nintendo fanboys at this point, so they need to do something amazing to rebuild faith in the company.  Seeing a new Zelda or Metroid would be great, but they need something more.  They need an Uncharted/Gears of War/Infamous.  They need to show they're going to expand beyond their safe, family-friendly franchises.  They need to show some innovative uses of the gamepad that can't be replicated elsewhere and they need to show they're serious about getting 3rd parties on board.  The Wii U is essentially a first-party machine at this point, so if it's your only console you're going to miss out on most of what the rest of the gaming world is experiencing.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but it's hard to watch them be so oblivious to the realities of modern gaming.  The casual market you built with the Wii has completely moved on to tablets and phones.  You're not getting them back -- you have to focus on getting gamers rather than grandmas to invest in your brand.  That's going to take you breaking away from the blue ocean strategy that worked for you once.

Here's some of what I would do to 'fix' Nintendo:

- More exclusivity. The Wii U needs more games like X and Bayonetta 2.  These games will encourage gamers to pick up Wii U as a second console.
- More 2nd party devs.  Nintendo desperately needs games, so they should offload this task to companies that can branch out and deliver something different.
- Bring some surprises.  Unveil a new Fatal Frame, or if they can get the rights to it -- Eternal Darkness.  A new ED would be a huge deal. 
- New franchises.  Nintendo needs some new IPs.  Pikmin is pretty much the last new core franchise they've introduced and that was a decade ago.
- Stop chasing casuals.  That market is gone.
Yeah at there fannying around with a new console in poorer countries is also worrying like there no longer in touch with reality.

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2014, 09:00:01 pm »
This one is completely unconfirmed, but there could be a new Mario game on either the 3DS or Wii U that allows you to create your 2D Mario game, essentially Mario mixed with Little Big Planet I would guess, basically taking Mario hacks mainstream I would put it lol

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-mario-maker-to-be-revealed-at-e3-2014-276040.phtml

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2014, 12:04:25 am »
Announcing Fatal Frame for western release on the Wii U, showing off how you can use the camera with the gamepad would be awesome.  That  should be quite enticing to the horror crowd I think.
But japan's version is going to be better.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2014, 01:19:20 am »
But japan's version is going to be better.

It'll be better because...?