Author Topic: Games everyone hates but you love?  (Read 23212 times)

abe

Re: Games everyone hates but you love?
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2015, 06:35:24 pm »
I enjoyed FF X-2. Not so much for the story ... or lack there of, but I enjoyed the job class system ... I mean "dress sphere" system. It's not my favorite FF by any means (that goes to FF IV) but I think I enjoyed FF X-2 more than most. I liked searching for new jobs and trying to find all the rare ones.

Not sure if you could say I "love" it, but I enjoyed it. Also, its the only one I could think of off the top of my head.

Same here. I really enjoyed FF X-2, and I'm not sure why so many people seem to have a problem with it. I realize that it's not at all hated universally, but I still think it gets more criticism than it deserves (from my experience).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2015, 02:49:26 pm »
Sonic Shuffle

I know it was Sega's and Hudson's attempt to recapture Mario Party success. There is something fun about the cards in my opinion. I enjoyed how the VMUs were used.

I know the game is a total mess. It is my guilty pleasure.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

polygonpainter

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2015, 03:03:08 am »
A game i really love and have some memories with was Brawl Brothers for the SNES, most of the reviews said the game was crap, but I love it!

dondetti

« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2015, 07:15:34 am »
I have a soft spot for Quest 64 / Holy Magic Century on the N64. Story/characters & presentation couldn't be more bland but I always thought that especially the spirit/level up system was enjoyable and rather unique!

I also really love the SNES port of Doom. Frame rate and resolution-wise it's the pits but for me the awesome rendition of the classic MIDI music almost makes up for it.

Almost forgot Sword Of Vermilion. This one has a lot of troubles and is super uninspired as well, yet I somehow played through this several times.

I blame nostalgia...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:22:15 am by dondetti »
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2015, 03:59:53 pm »
Ephemeral Fantasia
I can't believe someone else said this game. This game immediately comes to my mind when I see this topic of conversation pop up. There are others as well but this one is always the first one. People even hated this game in Japan. I don't understand it. This game is awesome.

baseycillings

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2015, 10:56:06 pm »
Knack on ps4! It's a solid brawler/platformer with tons of replay value and collectibles.

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2015, 06:04:14 pm »
Pac man 2600

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2015, 10:13:31 pm »
Bill & Ted's Excellent Video game Adventure

nes/gameboy

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2015, 11:58:37 pm »
This thread introduced me to Ephemeral Fantasia. Wikipedia says it has a plot similar to Majora's Mask, so I'm definitely going to check it out.

As for the hated games I like, something something Siren Drakengard. I'm a bit of a broken record in that regard. I also have fond memories of the N64 port of Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. A lot of people dismissed it as a broken port of a janky Tomb Raider clone. They were kind of right, but I really enjoyed the level design and variety. And the bugs made it more fun. :P
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

patrickpower

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2015, 08:03:42 pm »
A lot of people seem to not like Taz-Mania on the SNES, but I really like it in my opinion.

It may be short, but it is unique and is worth at least one play.

karyann

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2015, 08:13:06 pm »
Knack on ps4! It's a solid brawler/platformer with tons of replay value and collectibles.

I'm glad someone liked it, because I really wanted to. I honestly wanted to like it. I was super excited to play it when I saw it at E3, and then when I played it it was a major disappointment to me  :-\ Part of me is glad that there was hope for it after all haha.

telly

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2015, 01:23:41 pm »
I personally really enjoy Ace Combat: Infinity. It does suck that there's not really a story, but the multiplayer is super fun and for being a free title I don't find it to be that offensive.  :P
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2015, 07:39:13 pm »
The Zelda Cdi games :p
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2015, 04:01:40 pm »
I can think of a few...