Author Topic: What do you have that you don't think anyone else on VGCollect would have?  (Read 11978 times)

htimreimer

the equestrian, the only simulation  game whare you play DDR to train your horse and i have not played it yet because  i'm scared to see what other wacky shit this game has

argyle

Probably no games, since I prefer to collect for disk-based systems.  About the rarest thing I have according to the database is my complete copy of Pipo Saru 2001, which was a Japan-only Ape Escape spin-off game.  I'm one of 4 people with that in their collection.  Oh, I'm also one of two people with the Japanese version of Devil May Cry.

As for swag, I don't have that in the db but I imagine I have quite a bit that's unique or at least rare.  A Steambot Chronicles mini harmonica keychain, a Starfox Adventures car air freshener, a GBA SP neon wall clock and my double-sided Legend of Dragoon promo poster, just to name a few off the top of my head.  I want to do some videos at some point of me going through some of my stuff like that, because I find a lot of it interesting so maybe other people would too.  :)

EDIT:  Oh, and this is my wedding band - it's probably somewhat unique.  ;)

EDIT EDIT: Ack, I completely forgot I have the Killzone 3 Limited Helghast Edition - probably because I need to get it entered into my collection.

The Killzone 3 Limited Helghast Edition[28] is not sold in stores and is exclusive to North America. Only 1000 have been made, 125 of which were given away in the multiplayer open beta from February 4 through February 6 and February 11 through February 13, 2011. The Limited Helghast Edition contains all the same elements as the retail version of the Helghast Edition, but features a replica Helghast Helmet with illuminated LED eyes, simulating Helghasts’ glowing mask.

The outer box of mine is signed by the guys from IGN's Podcast Beyond.  Unfortunately, when they shipped it to me they just stuck a shipping label on the actual box, so it's a little beat up.  :(
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:47:03 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

thekosmickollector

I'm not really sure, I suppose the most obscure thing in my collection is the limited edition of Di Gi Charat Fantasy for the Dreamcast, although it seems 1 other person has it as well :'( 
I also own a Japanese (I think) copy of Samurai Warriors: State of War for the PSP that a friend gave to me, and I don't know how rare or obscure that is or anything, but I think it might be quite uncommon.

Just got this yesterday for practically nothing:

Nintendo's 1972 Lefty RX GT Sport

That's really cool, it still looks almost brand new. Check out the older Nintendo "N" logo at the top left!

Probably some of the more obscure games for the Tandy color computer. Not many people in general collect for the coco and even fewer are on vgcollect. (I know there are a few) but I've picked up some obscure tape based games over the years like King Cuthbert, Starship Chameleon and Death Trap

Also some older PC stuff like CIB Silpheed and Test Drive II and others that, for some inexplicable reason I removed from my collection, and will now have to reinsert.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:35:36 am by atarileaf »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

fazerco

PRO Supporter

It reminds me that i still have to add all my Gameboys and games.

That's really cool, it still looks almost brand new. Check out the older Nintendo "N" logo at the top left!

Here's a slightly larger picture of it. This photo was used in the August Recent Pickup thread.

dashv

PRO Supporter

This item isn't even listed on VGCollect...

Descent 3 the Linux version by Loki software.

thecrypticodor

This item isn't even listed on VGCollect...

Descent 3 the Linux version by Loki software.
Funny I was recently playing the Windows version of Descent 3 on linux Mint using Wine.
Have you actually tried to run that on a modern Linux distro? That would be insane if it still worked right out of the box.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:16:14 am by thecrypticodor »

thekosmickollector

Actually, forget what I posted earlier! Since they weren't listed on the site previously a few of my C64 cassettes might be something that I own that nobody else does (hopefully)