Author Topic: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28528 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 12:21:09 am »

Got this little gem in Santa Cruz this weekend while there with the wife. Found it at a video game shop called Level-Up Video Games.

Really cool place that had this glass display full of old consoles, handhelds, Game & Watches, rare controller (like the Power Glove), all kinds of awesome stuff that most collectors only dream of coming across.

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 01:58:59 am »
Went hunting for games at a few of my hotspots today, but only ended up with Road Rash 3D (PS1) and Assault Retribution (PS1). Only paid a buck each for them so I'm happy with what I found :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 09:01:58 am »

Got this little gem in Santa Cruz this weekend while there with the wife. Found it at a video game shop called Level-Up Video Games.

Really cool place that had this glass display full of old consoles, handhelds, Game & Watches, rare controller (like the Power Glove), all kinds of awesome stuff that most collectors only dream of coming across.

Dammit son!  That's been at the top of my list here lately.  Nice find.

blipcs76

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 11:06:27 am »
Haven't found much as of late.  In the past two weeks, the only game I've picked up at garage sales was We Love Katamari (PS2).  Been looking for that one for a long time, strange to find it at a garage sale that only had 3 PS3 games, and the others were all Guitar Hero.

scott

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 02:06:55 pm »
Man I hate the flea market in the summer, so few people selling things at the garage sale section.  Wasn't a complete bust, but not much I was really looking for.  Kinda funny I was talking about not wanting to ever own Atari, but I will totally take an anthology of 85 Atari games to fool around with when I want to lol

Haha that was my thoughts exactly when I bought the XBOX version of Atari Anthology :P

Nice. I have that Atari Anthology on Xbox it's ok. I'm not a big fan of the Atari stuff though, so I rarely play it.

That 007 game on the other hand, I've been looking for locally for a bit. Nice snag. I need that and From Russia with Love.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Bwigdahl

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 04:25:15 pm »
Man I hate the flea market in the summer, so few people selling things at the garage sale section.  Wasn't a complete bust, but not much I was really looking for.  Kinda funny I was talking about not wanting to ever own Atari, but I will totally take an anthology of 85 Atari games to fool around with when I want to lol

Haha that was my thoughts exactly when I bought the XBOX version of Atari Anthology :P

Nice. I have that Atari Anthology on Xbox it's ok. I'm not a big fan of the Atari stuff though, so I rarely play it.

That 007 game on the other hand, I've been looking for locally for a bit. Nice snag. I need that and From Russia with Love.

I still have my original copy of Agent Under Fire which was the first ps2 game I ever got!

Saturn
Croc Legend of the Gobbos
Crusader No Remorse
Norse by Norsewest

and now that I have my action replay, I also went ahead and picked up a few import titles for Saturn as well
Vampire Savior
Vampire Hunter
King of Fighters 97

Ps2
Hulk Ultimate Destruction

scott

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 05:16:17 pm »
My first PS2 game was Tekken Tag Tournament. I bought it to play on my cousin's PS2 BEFORE I even owned one of my own. >_>
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 05:19:40 pm »
I got a PS2 day one along with SSX.  That was my only game for several months but I didn't mind, loved that game.  I think the next game I got was Star Wars: Starfighter. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Bwigdahl

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 06:42:22 pm »
my parents bought me a ps2 for Christmas in 2001. it was the first (and only!) time they ever bought me a new system. Only had hand-me-downs before then from people who had upgraded and didn't want their old consoles. So for the first year the only games I had were Agent Under Fire, Fifa 2002 and Tony Hawk 3 then I got Madden 2003 and Medal of Honor for my birthday the following Summer... Those were the days man!

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 08:26:47 pm »
http://vgcollect.com/item/1826 - Disaster Report on PS2.

Been looking for that game for about a year and wanted to pay no more than $20 for CIB. Finally got it today. On to the next one!
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

spac316

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 08:59:21 pm »
I got Eye Toy Play 2 for PS2 and Dr. Mario for Game Boy today!

EDIT: Just Downloaded Dr. Mario Express for 3DS(DsiWare game) from Club Nintendo for 200 coins. Might as well use up what coins I have...
Right Now our Club Nintendo looks pathetic.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:16:33 am by spac316 »

maximo310

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 09:48:05 pm »
Got a bunch of free ds cases from a brother's friend to finally use for completing games/ converting into gba cases. Also in the works is a chance in the near future to get some rare gamecube games from him, including a pokemon box cib and legend of zelda master quest.

foxhack

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 10:09:07 pm »

Been looking for that game for about a year and wanted to pay no more than $20 for CIB. Finally got it today. On to the next one!

So what you're saying is that you did not err.

jcalder8

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 11:33:58 pm »
My first PS2 game was Tekken Tag Tournament. I bought it to play on my cousin's PS2 BEFORE I even owned one of my own. >_>
I did the same thing with Battle Arena Toshinden for the original Playstation.  I had to play it at a friend's house ;D

jcalder8

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 11:36:20 pm »

I really need to get a copy of this! I have yet to see it in person for a reasonable price though :( Enjoy :)