Author Topic: Resident Evil Remake HD Coming to Most Consoles...  (Read 2331 times)

foxhack

Re: Resident Evil Remake HD Coming to Most Consoles...
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 10:26:23 pm »
What was wrong with the remake? I never played it.

Played it for fifteen minutes and got sick of it. I think it was the gamepad, I didn't like the Gamecube controller much.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 12:13:32 am »
What? Why? Why not release RE2 or RE3 HD?

They are probably testing the waters and it's better to start from the first one.

Kinda sucks it is digital only, but I'll probably get it.

That's really unnecessary, though. Who didn't like RE Remake?

I agree with Burningdoom. I bought my Game Cube back in the day specifically for this and Resident Evil Zero. At the time Capcom claimed every title in the series was getting the RE 1 Remake treatment, exclusively on Game Cube.

When the Game Cube failed to attract a big enough market Capcom back peddled and did the minimum amount of work necessary to bring the other titles to the console and meet the letter of the contract they'd signed with Nintendo.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:17:42 am by dashv »

90snostalga

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 07:54:45 am »
I only played the original on ps1 ,so I would love to play this HD remake but oh yea , digital only. Just like my motto at the bottom on my sig. I don't do digital games. Sorry Capcom.

maximo310

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 03:21:33 pm »
I'm sticking with getting the game for either ps1 or more likely, the gamecube remake, since I don't have/ play on the platforms that they're releasing the hd remake on.

abe

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 10:47:21 pm »
I'm sticking with getting the game for either ps1 or more likely, the gamecube remake, since I don't have/ play on the platforms that they're releasing the hd remake on.

You could always get the Wii version. It's just the GameCube version with a few control schemes. You can even use a GameCube controller with the Wii version. Plus, it's not too expensive and it's easy to get.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 11:51:53 pm »

You could always get the Wii version. It's just the GameCube version with a few control schemes. You can even use a GameCube controller with the Wii version. Plus, it's not too expensive and it's easy to get.
Oh man, I totally forgot about that! Thank you! Now I'll have to go out and get the game soon.

pikalink91

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 08:39:05 pm »
I still think it's a waste of time and resources, when we already have the GameCube remake which even got re-released on the Wii and still holds up very good today. And considering that it was a remake of Resident Evil 2 we wanted all along, not RE1 with a new coat of paint again.

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 09:38:54 pm »
I still think it's a waste of time and resources, when we already have the GameCube remake which even got re-released on the Wii and still holds up very good today. And considering that it was a remake of Resident Evil 2 we wanted all along, not RE1 with a new coat of paint again.

It's just an inbetween release.  It takes minimal resources to bring over something that's a generation old and just give it some control tweaks and HD textures.  They needed a showing on the new systems pretty much and until they release Resident Evil 7 or whatever the new game becomes in the next year or so, we'll probably see another one of this next year if they don't release the new game.