Author Topic: Movie tie-in games - Which ones are are good? What's the worst?  (Read 3008 times)

razorbeamz

Re: Movie tie-in games - Which ones are are good? What's the worst?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 12:12:27 pm »
Based on concept alone, Reservoir Dogs is the worst idea ever for a video game. Let's take a movie about people yelling at each other and make it a third person shooter!
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

foxhack

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 12:38:22 pm »
Based on concept alone, Reservoir Dogs is the worst idea ever for a video game. Let's take a movie about people yelling at each other and make it a third person shooter!

The dialogue in the game isn't half bad once you get past the soundalikes they got for most of the cast. And the crappy graphics. And the awful controls. And the nonsensical driving scenes.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 02:35:40 pm »
Totally forgot to mention this one:

Great game that has interconnected and explorable areas, unlockables and upgradables, lots of secrets to uncover, great combat, impressive graphics, and stays true to the spirit of the movie. I don't hear too many people talk about it, though. One of the better super-hero games on the 360.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 06:16:19 pm »
Someone already mentioned Jurassic Park for SNES. I second that.

The first Jurassic Park games for Sega Genesis and NES were also pretty good.

The Die Hard Trilogy for Playstation is supposed to be pretty good.

Super Back to the Future 2 for Super Famicom (never released in the US) is pretty good.

The recent Back to the Future game from Tell Tale is a decent distraction with good story and voice acting by Christopher Loyd, and a very good Michael J. Fox sound alike. (The last episode has a character voiced by MJF himself).

scott

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 07:38:14 pm »
I have the die hard trilogy for Saturn.... Never played it tho. Ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 12:32:04 am »
One good one that hasn't been mentioned Though not exactly based on a movie, but adds to the franchise.

Evil Dead Regeneration- Alternate timeline where insted of Ash being sent Back in time at the end of Evil Dead 2 he ends up in the Looney Bin awaiting trial for the murder of his friends. When a mad scientist in the basement of the place reads the Necronomicon and unleashes deadites into the hospital.

foxhack

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 12:51:02 am »
Which reminds me of Evil Dead: Hail to the King. Absolutely awful Resident Evil clone. Combat was nonsensical when I tried it out and enemies kept respawning. I ragequit an hour in without a clue what to do.

pacpix

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 05:37:24 pm »
The first three Harry Potter games on Gamecube were actually pretty fun action/adventure games.  I used to play them a lot when I was younger, with the third being my favorite.  Also the Ghostbusters game on Wii is fantastic!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 05:59:30 pm »
The first three Harry Potter games on Gamecube were actually pretty fun action/adventure games.  I used to play them a lot when I was younger, with the third being my favorite.  Also the Ghostbusters game on Wii is fantastic!

I was curious about the Ghostbusters game but forgot about it. Adding it to my wishlist.

argyle

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 10:51:19 am »
First one that someone briefly mentioned, Toy Story 3.  Really fun game, especially the Toy Box mode.  I had a blast with that game - I didn't plat it just to get an easy plat, I did it because I couldn't put the game down.  I need to get this one back in my collection.

Now for one that hasn't been mentioned yet, The Adventures of Tintin is surprisingly good.  It's a platformer along the lines of classic Prince of Persia or Out of this World, lots of puzzles, characters with different abilities, etc.  Highly, highly recommended game - it's far better than it has any right to be. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 01:12:26 pm »
Batman: The Video Game!!! for NES

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 07:48:48 pm »
Batman: The Video Game!!! for NES

This man is wins the thread.

This is the BEST movie tie-in game.

"A Winner Is You!"

brunauss

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 03:00:09 am »
Mind blowing, but then maybe story line sequels don't count. Stranglehold for Xbox360 and yes its story is indeed a sequel to the story of the movie Hardboiled.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 07:50:56 am »
I liked Tron 2.0 for the GBA, I'm not sure if that was actually a movie though.  It could have easily been based on any Tron movie.  Batman Returns on the SNES, Alien 3 for the SNES & some other systems were pretty cool.  The worst?  Total Recall? 

brunauss

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 04:19:59 pm »
I liked Tron 2.0 for the GBA, I'm not sure if that was actually a movie though.  It could have easily been based on any Tron movie.  Batman Returns on the SNES, Alien 3 for the SNES & some other systems were pretty cool.  The worst?  Total Recall?

Tron 2.0 occupies the same slot as Stranglehold. The stories were true sequels to the the movie storyline and were good games. I have both Xbox and GBA versions of Tron 2.0 myself.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer