Author Topic: UPDATE - Sell list now open to everyone! + more  (Read 2769 times)

matt

UPDATE - Sell list now open to everyone! + more
« on: January 10, 2012, 06:55:30 pm »
Hey all,

Since VGCollect began one of the main features I've wanted was a way for users to find/sell/trade their items. Well finally, after a few weeks of testing I just rolled out the new Sell List to all users! Along with the new Sell List, a whole batch of new updates were pushed out. Here is a full list:

• Added Sell List to all collections

• Updated main collection page to show For Sale status

• Added the For Sale option to the edit screen

• Added list navigation to sidebar area under the collection total. This will allow you to quickly see a user collection, wish list and sell list

• Updated the layout on the Sell List. You can now see all of the item details as well as a list of potential buyers. Click on Buyer Match to see all users who have this item in their Wish List.

I'm probably missing a few things here but these are the main items. I will also be pushing out new updates to the Buyer Match pages as well as the Wish Lists later tonight. Please feel free to continue testing and playing with these new features. I know there has been some discussion as to whether items marked as For Sale should be included in your collection and I've yet to make a final decision on this. I'm sure we'll have an update to this soon.

As per usual, let me know if you have any issues, comments for suggestions!

Thanks,
Matt

scott

Re: UPDATE - Sell list now open to everyone! + more
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 06:58:28 pm »
Woot, I liked everything I saw while testing. Lets hope it helps folks move some unneeded merch. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »
Two things:

One, there's no option to add "For Sale" when you add the game for the first time, you have to edit it to mark it as "for sale".
Two, should items for sale be counted as part of my collection? I don't like that. >_>

Still very nice though. :)

matt

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:13:49 pm »
One. I'll get this added asap.
Two. I'm going to make this optional I think. Some people view it the opposite. I for one consider everything I own as part of my collection.
Three. Thanks!

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 07:39:06 pm »
I think that items on my wish list are counted in collections too. I forget if that's the case...

matt

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 07:41:55 pm »
Nope wish lists are stored in a separate table whereas the sell list is simply a flag in the collection table.