Author Topic: Nomolos: Storming the Catsle - NES Homebrew  (Read 1239 times)

Nomolos: Storming the Catsle - NES Homebrew
« on: January 11, 2012, 07:38:18 pm »
I am attempting to increase awareness of the upcoming homebrew from Gradual Games Nomolos: Storming the Catsle. If you do not already know, it is an action/platformer in the vein of Castlevania starring Nomolos, an orange tabby cat donned in black and white armor, who must storm through six two-part levels of haunted woods, caverns, volcanos, grim castles and more in order to save Princess Snow from the Boulder the evil hippo. To aid him on his journey, there are a plethora of items to gain from staples such as extra lives and multiple unique weapons each with their own advantage and disadvantage.

I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to take part in beta testing the game. From experience, the game plays and feels like the best of classic NES games. The control is precise and doesn't feel too "tight" or "loose". The hit-detection is spot-on as well. Lastly, progressing through the game is a rewarding experience - you'll want to continue. Often times, I had to keep reminding myself that I was supposed to beta test the game, not play it!

There should be a demo coming in the not-so-distant-future! So it would definitely be advantageous to "like" Gradual Games on Facebook in order to keep up with things without much effort. ;)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gradual-Games/301626703210280
Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvzZHWPyDzA
Gradual Games Blog: http://gradualgames.blogspot.com/

matt

Re: Nomolos: Storming the Catsle - NES Homebrew
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 05:56:56 am »
Definitely interested in anything homebrew. It looks like they are at capacity when it comes to pre-order tho. :(

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:35:14 pm »
Well, the game should be coming out before too long (three months) according to Gradual Games. Along with a demo not TOO long from now.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 04:04:53 pm »
Looking at the video I'm not 100% sure about it, but it does seems like it could be really fun. Definitely keep us up-to-date on this, it seems like a cool project.... and definitely post about the demo, I really want to try it out!
Too bad the pre-orders are at capacity... guess I'll have to wait until the release.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:08:50 am »
Looking at the video I'm not 100% sure about it, but it does seems like it could be really fun. Definitely keep us up-to-date on this, it seems like a cool project.... and definitely post about the demo, I really want to try it out!
Too bad the pre-orders are at capacity... guess I'll have to wait until the release.

I understand when it comes to the cosmetic look of the game. The video doesn't do it justice. I was highly interested in the game - showing great support - but as I knew I was about to be able to be a beta tester for the game, the whole issues of the graphics/gameplay looking "iffy" in the video was a definite concern. But, like I said, once I started playing the game, my expectations were hugely surpassed.

I'm going to be working on a trailer in a couple of weeks that will hopefully showcase the way the game plays in a much more appropriate light. I think the creator of the game just threw up a video on YouTube just to show progress, not to show the game itself, if that makes sense.

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 07:28:07 pm »
Just to get this topic back to the top to keep the interest up... :P

I get what you're saying, it's good to know that you enjoyed the game despite being concerned from the video trailer as I am right now, that gives me good hopes for the game. And further parts of the trailer you posted looked a lot more interesting than the original. Be sure to post your trailer, I'm very interested in the project for sure.

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 09:13:03 am »
Bumping an old topic, yay!

The game is coming out May 15th, from retrousb.com, or you can pre-order a CIB version with a grey cartridge from their website (if you order from retrousb.com, you get a blue cartridge). Oh and there's a demo too.
http://gradualgames.blogspot.ca/2012/04/nomolos-storming-catsle-release.html
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:41:34 am by jobocan »