Author Topic: Anyone Know Anything About a CPS-2 Suicide Battery  (Read 770 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Anyone Know Anything About a CPS-2 Suicide Battery
« on: September 05, 2014, 02:17:15 pm »
I'm looking pretty hard at a Marvel Vs Capcom cabinet.  The only thing that scares me is the battery that kills the thing if it goes bad. 
Does anyone know anything about the suicide battery in a CPS-2 cabinet?  Where do I get a new one?  How hard is it to replace?  What do you do if it dies?  Any help would be appreciated.

tripredacus

Re: Anyone Know Anything About a CPS-2 Suicide Battery
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 02:54:24 pm »
This pretty much is the best resource:
http://cps2shock.emu-france.info/suicide.html

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 03:38:50 pm »
That link is a good resource. I have looked into it before and it is as bad as it sounds. When the battery dies the board is ruined. I had wanted to buy a Punisher board but it is a suicide board also so I have never bought one.

maximo310

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 04:45:21 pm »
The CPS-2 suicide battery can be worked around with the phoneixing methods. I believe the link listed above is the easiest way to get it fixed if you send it to the CPS2 Shock team but it will cost some money. I think that you can replace the batteries before they die and kill the board  by the battery swap method I've seen people use with working boards. It's a pretty good method to prevent more serious problems of the suicide battery. I would check first to see if the game works at all before purchasing it since it requires some money and time to fix if it is a dead board.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 04:46:03 pm »
That link is a good resource. I have looked into it before and it is as bad as it sounds. When the battery dies the board is ruined. I had wanted to buy a Punisher board but it is a suicide board also so I have never bought one.

I think I'm just going to try to finish MAME cabinet. I can play marvel vs Capcom on that.