Author Topic: Smoke & Games don't mix and it should never mix...  (Read 2959 times)

davifus

Smoke & Games don't mix and it should never mix...
« on: September 06, 2014, 12:37:12 am »
I just went through some of my games and noticed my Smash Bro Brawl had some brown coloring inside side of the cover arts and etc. I had my doubts. I had brought it on Ebay just the case and manual cheap thinking I was going to get the disc later... I just had a quick on whiff on the manual and cover art and it smells like smoke... >:( >:( I had a sudden panic attack for my other Wii games being infected by this atrocious smoked game. Luckily I dont think it affected my other games... I put bounty dry sheet all over and inside the case.

In the end I learned that I should always whiff my games, and screw this brawl case and manual. This brawl case and manual can go burn in hell for all I care. I'll just go buy cib somewhere else later.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 12:42:14 am by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Limeface

PRO Supporter

Re: Smoke & Games don't mix and it should never mix...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 02:59:54 am »
I've always hated the smell of smoke, smells like nothing else. I have received a few games off eBay or yard sales that smell of smoke, but I've found that if I let the manual and artwork air out (Like hanging it on a hanger) and then physically wash the case the smell seems to disappear.

davifus

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 03:46:34 am »
I've always hated the smell of smoke, smells like nothing else. I have received a few games off eBay or yard sales that smell of smoke, but I've found that if I let the manual and artwork air out (Like hanging it on a hanger) and then physically wash the case the smell seems to disappear.
I tried the airing method before but dry sheet work like magic except it will forever smell like the dry paper scent.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 04:18:10 am »
Washing washing on the line

Who's the fairest of the fine?

Bluey whiteness!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 06:46:34 am »
I tried the airing method before but dry sheet work like magic except it will forever smell like the dry paper scent.

That's what works best for me. Put it in a small box with a dryer sheet. The sheet sucks up that nasty oder.

Or you could just take up smoking. Then, you wouldn't notice the smell.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:50:05 am by turf »

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 08:13:19 am »
^^  lol there you go

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 08:23:27 am »

That's what works best for me. Put it in a small box with a dryer sheet. The sheet sucks up that nasty oder.

Or you could just take up smoking. Then, you wouldn't noticed the smell.

Works for me  ;D

davifus

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 09:46:37 am »

Or you could just take up smoking. Then, you wouldn't noticed the smell.

Genius... I should start smoking ::) ::).

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 11:32:48 am »
Smoke smell goes away in time. I bought my car from a smoker, and that smell went away. I've bought some games from smokers, and the smell also went away.

But I guess in way, I don't really care how a game smells, or how it tastes, or what it sounds like. I do care however, what it looks like. My anxiety is all in the inevitable deterioration of all labels, and covers. The wrinkling of inserts do to poorly made plastic sleeves. The fading of colors do to UV exposure. 10 years down the road, most Wii games are going to be a nasty looking tan color. Worse than anything a smoker could do them.

Go compare the whiteness of your Wii spines, and see if some of them are less white than the others. That's what makes me panic.

davifus

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 11:37:18 am »
But I guess in way, I don't really care how a game smells, or how it tastes, or what it sounds like. I do care however, what it looks like. My anxiety is all in the inevitable deterioration of all labels, and covers. The wrinkling of inserts do to poorly made plastic sleeves. The fading of colors do to UV exposure. 10 years down the road, most Wii games are going to be a nasty looking tan color. Worse than anything a smoker could do them.

Deep

Warmsignal

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 11:54:14 am »
I once went to a flea market where this belligerent old SOB was selling a ton of games. They were so destroyed cosmetically by foolishness, they barely resembled games. The inserts and cart labels were gooey messes of fading, flaking pieces of rotten paper. All color had turned to slimy whites and grays. Most were unrecognizable. Some boxed SNES games were turning sandy and into dust. He still wanted eBay mint value for each. I said a prayer for them all. It was truly disheartening.

Old men are the worst when they come into possession of a bunch of games.

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 12:08:23 pm »
Being a smoker, I cant smell it too much, but I never smoke around my games, always outside. I too would suggest the dryer sheet method, I did that when I moved and had all my games packed up, works really well

davifus

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 12:11:52 pm »
I once went to a flea market where this belligerent old SOB was selling a ton of games. They were so destroyed cosmetically by foolishness, they barely resembled games. The inserts and cart labels were gooey messes of fading, flaking pieces of rotten paper. All color had turned to slimy whites and grays. Most were unrecognizable. Some boxed SNES games were turning sandy and into dust. He still wanted eBay mint value for each. I said a prayer for them all. It was truly disheartening.

Old men are the worst when they come into possession of a bunch of games.

Sounds like a horror story.

Being a smoker, I cant smell it too much, but I never smoke around my games, always outside. I too would suggest the dryer sheet method, I did that when I moved and had all my games packed up, works really well

Wouldn't smokers be desensitized in the smell of smoke? They constantly inhale/breathe it when they smoke so the body adapt to it and starts recognizing it as normal odor by the brain.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 12:19:02 pm »
I smoke and game all the time, but I don't smoke cigarettes (proud Californian). It goes together great! 8)

davifus

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 12:37:27 pm »
I smoke and game all the time, but I don't smoke cigarettes (proud Californian). It goes together great! 8)

I'm assuming you're this kind of smoker?