Author Topic: Import List?  (Read 841 times)

Import List?
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:59:44 pm »
Cool site so far. Thanks for the Android app. I am just starting to put my collection in and of course I start out with Colecovision, which is missing about 20 of my games. I'd gladly start entering info but I have one big issue. I have tons of old atari, etc games and have them all logged in RFGen. I saw the Import function is disabled. Any ideas when that will be available? It will take me way too long to manually add my collection. I don't mind spending the time pulling pics and stuff but to do the manual adds just takes too much extra time.

matt

Re: Import List?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 06:22:00 pm »
Jeff,

Welcome the site! The import function is still a work in progress.  The general idea was that a user could export their list, make edits, updates, etc. and then import it again. The problem with that is that we'd need to use a known format and structure. That becomes a problem when working with other sites.

Does RFG allow for an export? If you can get me a .csv or excel file I can work some magic to it and get it imported. Feel free to reply back here or email me at matt@vgcollect.com.

Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:19:43 am »
I'll send you my CSV from RFG.

It might also be helpful to let an import create new records to expand the DB.  The big issue there is matching to existing records.  There would have to be some comparison logic somehow.  Maybe you could kick out a list of what didn't import due to failure to match.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 05:46:16 am »
Dont want to derail this topic, but i was wondering if there is an import function planned from gamecollectorz.com

matt

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 07:58:30 am »
@unrealbe If you have an export file, sent it to me (matt@vgcollect.com). I'll see what I can do.