Author Topic: Online Game Console Store???  (Read 970 times)

retroone

Online Game Console Store???
« on: September 09, 2014, 10:41:52 pm »
I dont know if someone has posted something like this before but is there any good website were you can by used or refurbished game consoles? Preferably one with PayPal. I have been on the hunt for a PS3 and an Original Xbox but can't find them for a reasonable price. I use 99gamers but that is games only. Any help?

davifus

Re: Online Game Console Store???
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:03:54 pm »
I have an extra xbox original soft modded and soon an extra slim ps3 from a friend. I dont know any place specifically that sells console.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:06:48 am by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

pacpix

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 12:48:44 am »
Collector's Cards and Games has some great prices.  I bought an Atari 7800 system from him a while back and the transaction went very smoothly and for a very fair price.  Looks like an Xbox with the cords and one controller is $30.  I did not see a PS3 console listed, but you might ask and see if he has any for sale.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:59:41 am »
Collector's Cards and Games has some great prices.  I bought an Atari 7800 system from him a while back and the transaction went very smoothly and for a very fair price.  Looks like an Xbox with the cords and one controller is $30.  I did not see a PS3 console listed, but you might ask and see if he has any for sale.

beat me to it!

btw - my friend Mike *IS* CCaG; so if anyone here is gonna buy from or deal with him...PM me 1st and maybe I can give you a reference or introduction, or something.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 02:42:35 pm »
btw - my friend Mike *IS* CCaG; so if anyone here is gonna buy from or deal with him...PM me 1st and maybe I can give you a reference or introduction, or something.
I'm tempted to make an order, but you should tell Mike that you can't just put the word "Secure" on the order form and think that makes it safe.  "Secure" is the "S" in HTTPS, and his site doesn't use it.  Paypal is probably OK, but I wouldn't submit a credit card using that form.

Aside from that, thanks for the reference.  He has some games I've been wanting at decent prices.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 09:50:54 am »
I'm tempted to make an order, but you should tell Mike that you can't just put the word "Secure" on the order form and think that makes it safe.  "Secure" is the "S" in HTTPS, and his site doesn't use it.  Paypal is probably OK, but I wouldn't submit a credit card using that form.

Aside from that, thanks for the reference.  He has some games I've been wanting at decent prices.

His site is certainly not even close to modern.

However, iirc, his cell # is listed & he's good about taking calls & returning messages.

Don't assume that it's insecure by taking his page at face value; if you have any questions or concerns about his billing...give him a call to ask questions and/or give him suggestions about how to better word his policies.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"