Author Topic: 3 New 3DS XL Styles Coming to US (2 Are Gamestop Exclusive)  (Read 6590 times)

argyle

3 New 3DS XL Styles Coming to US (2 Are Gamestop Exclusive)
« on: September 10, 2014, 12:59:25 pm »
Like the title says, 3 new 3DS XL styles have been announced for the US.  The Smash Bros. one I think was already announced, but the other 2 - the Gamestop exclusives - are definitely new:

Comes in red & blue, available Sept. 19.

3DS-XL-Styles_09-10-14_002
Available Oct. 10

3DS-XL-Styles_09-10-14_003
I *think* Nov. 25 is the date for this one, article is worded strangely.

None come with games, all retail for $199.99.  I want that NES one so hard - may have to see if I can sell my current system for enough to justify the upgrade. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:04:57 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

Re: 3 New 3DS XL Styles Coming to US (2 Are Gamestop Exclusive)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 01:01:12 pm »
Unnnnnggggh I want both the NES and Persona Q ones!  But it's so mean because these most likely aren't the "NEW" 3DS XLs...

(most likely because I know they released the Persona Q one in Japan previously)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 01:03:52 pm »
GRRRRRRRrrr.... Why did they have to go ahead and do that with the New 3DS right around the corner?

argyle

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 01:06:58 pm »
Fixed the image sizes btw.  ;)

Yeah, I'm of the same thought, really sucks w/ the new system on the horizon.  If I do get one of these, I won't be buying that for a LONG time.  But I honestly don't know how much it interests me anyway - I'm skeptical that we'll see many games that require it. 

EDIT:  I had the NES GBA SP back in the day and sold it, and I've been kicking myself over it ever since.  I kinda see this as a way to right that wrong.  ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 01:16:03 pm »
I so want the NES one! Does anyone know if I can re-download the same stuff I've already bought on my 3DS XL if I do get one?

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:28:22 pm »
I so want the NES one! Does anyone know if I can re-download the same stuff I've already bought on my 3DS XL if I do get one?

You should be able to transfer your acct and games fairly easily.  There's a how-to on the Nintendo site: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/227/~/how-to-transfer-content-between-two-nintendo-3ds-family-systems

EDIT:  I had the NES GBA SP back in the day and sold it, and I've been kicking myself over it ever since.  I kinda see this as a way to right that wrong.  ;)

I bought the NES GBA SP from a friend of a friend ages ago, and I'm really glad I did.  That SP was the first thing I thought of when I saw that design!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 01:38:01 pm »

Heh, I have the opposite question - I'm thinking about leaving the 2 digital games I own on my 3DS so they will help it sell for more, but I want to make sure I can get my account info off and still leave those on - not sure if that's possible. 

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 01:39:34 pm »

Heh, I have the opposite question - I'm thinking about leaving the 2 digital games I own on my 3DS so they will help it sell for more, but I want to make sure I can get my account info off and still leave those on - not sure if that's possible.

Hm, that's a good question... I'm leaning towards no unless anyone else has info.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 01:40:21 pm »
Wow, I would of never thought that the persona Q 3DS was coming to the states!
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 01:44:51 pm »
Let me give you a look inside my head.  Here's my inner voice:

"I'm scrolling down.  Huh?  New 3DS XLx?  Let me take a look.  Oooh that Smash Bros one is pretty awesome.  I like that.  What's next? 
OH MY SWEET LORD!!!! GIVE ME!! GIVE IT TO ME NOW!  AN NES 3DS XL? GAMESTOP ONLY???  OK!  I'D GIVE OSAMA BIN LADIN MONEY FOR THAT THING!

What's next?  Persona Q? meh....

Let's look at the NES one again.

maximo310

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 01:45:52 pm »
Wow, more new 3DS models to the market. I wouldn't be surprised if I found someone who was trying to collect every variety of these consoles, because I could see the different console variations becoming an interesting set to collect.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 01:48:24 pm »
The NES one is awesome! I need to get one :)

argyle

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 01:50:08 pm »
As expected, when I showed my wife the Persona one she immediately wanted it.  So it looks like I gotta come up w/ the money for 2 new 3DS'.  :P

davifus

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 01:52:11 pm »
I want the Smash & the Persona Q 3DS but Im already hitting the wall with my budget this month...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Curses only if the Smash 3DS released next month.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 01:54:24 pm »
I want the Smash & the Persona Q 3DS but Im already hitting the wall with my budget this month...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Curses only if the Smash 3DS released next month.

I imagine the Smash one will be available for a little bit at least, since it's the one of the three that isn't exclusive and they're doing a massive Smash push this holiday.