Author Topic: The Final Roaster is revealed for Super Smash Bros.  (Read 2010 times)

davifus

The Final Roaster is revealed for Super Smash Bros.
« on: September 12, 2014, 12:37:27 am »
I'm excited for Duck Hunt Dog

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina
Bowser, Jr.
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
King DeDeDe
Meta Knight
Little Mac
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Greninja
Duck Hunt Dog
R.O.B.
Ness
Captain Falcon
Village
Olimar & Pikmin
Wii Fit Trainer
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit
Lucina
Shulk
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mii Fighter

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/new-super-smash-bros-final-roster-revealed

There is possibility for later character add on.

The characters I wanted was Roy & Chrom...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Re: The Final Roaster is revealed for Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:40:34 am »
Duck Hunt Dog is kind of the worst and best addition. Worst in that, really? Duck Hunt Dog? Aren't we seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel here? Is there no one else of substance to add in all of Nintendo and even just gaming that Nintendo can manage to have access to or work out a deal with like Mega Man, Pac-Man, or Sonic?

But it's also great cause he's a total send up to the NES Zapper games and could be generally entertaining to play lol

I think for the next Smash or as DLC, they need to add Shovel Knight lol

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 01:03:36 am »
I think it would be cool if they included Howard and Nester. :)

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 01:23:56 am »
This game cannot come out sooner (especially the Wii U version)!!! I am so stoked to play at Mega Man, Lucina and Shulk, as well as the other characters I already love from the series :D

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 01:36:22 am »
I just plan to get it on Wii U as I don't feel like I'd enjoy it on the 2DS. Not really the best for a fast paced fighter game I feel and I've heard this said by another who played Smash on 3DS at an event.  Plus I know more folks on Wii U, and will make for the better party experience.

abe

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 06:15:55 am »
I think it would be cool if they included Howard and Nester. :)

That would be pretty damn cool. If they can turn that stupid dog from Duck Hunt into a fighter, Howard and Nester are perfectly doable.
On another note, what the hell Nintendo?! Why is Ness the only Earthbound/Mother character again?! >:(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 11:28:07 am »
I just plan to get it on Wii U as I don't feel like I'd enjoy it on the 2DS. Not really the best for a fast paced fighter game I feel and I've heard this said by another who played Smash on 3DS at an event.  Plus I know more folks on Wii U, and will make for the better party experience.

I wasn't going to get the 3DS version and just wait for the Wii U version to come out, but I am so hyped for this game I simply cannot wait. Lol I need my SSB4 fix, even if it an inferior handheld version.

argyle

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 11:56:54 am »
I have it preordered but I think I'm going to cancel it.  The *only* reason I have it reserved now is because of the soundtrack, but I just can't justify that - especially with everything else I'm picking up.  Really sucks the way they're handling that soundtrack, but it's pretty much par for the course for the US Club Nintendo lately...  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 12:51:58 pm »
Im still stoked that Little Mac is in it

maximo310

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 01:29:20 pm »
I have it preordered but I think I'm going to cancel it.  The *only* reason I have it reserved now is because of the soundtrack, but I just can't justify that - especially with everything else I'm picking up.  Really sucks the way they're handling that soundtrack, but it's pretty much par for the course for the US Club Nintendo lately...  :-\
Yeah, I wish they would have a normal distribution of the soundtrack as well, although finding a record label to release it, or putting it on a digital store may involve more work than Nintendo wants to put into that. It stinks that you can't do something like 50% off the soundtrack if you buy one of the version of Smash Bros, because they really need to work on fixing Club Nintendo and making it worthwhile again. They shouldn't have to force people to buy the two versions of the game, since for a single person, you'd only probably be focusing on one of the versions that is prefered, although it helps if multiple people are contributing to the purchase that would actually play the game as well.

argyle

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 02:54:00 pm »
Yeah, I wish they would have a normal distribution of the soundtrack as well, although finding a record label to release it, or putting it on a digital store may involve more work than Nintendo wants to put into that. It stinks that you can't do something like 50% off the soundtrack if you buy one of the version of Smash Bros, because they really need to work on fixing Club Nintendo and making it worthwhile again. They shouldn't have to force people to buy the two versions of the game, since for a single person, you'd only probably be focusing on one of the versions that is prefered, although it helps if multiple people are contributing to the purchase that would actually play the game as well.

At they very least they should offer it if you register the Wii U Smash bundle that comes w/ the controller adapter & GC controller.  Heck, you're still spending $100.  ::)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 02:59:14 pm »
For once, they are doing something nice for Platinum and they are releasing the Smash Bros demo to Club Nintendo folks who got platinum before June 30th.  We'll be able to get it soon with three extra codes.  This version of it has unlimited play compared to the one that'll be coming out on the 19th for everyone which can only be played 30 times.

http://www.destructoid.com/club-nintendo-super-smash-bros-demo-incoming-wide-release-next-week-281116.phtml

soera

Re: The Final Roster is revealed for Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 03:21:01 pm »
Ive never gotten into SSB. Its a neat concept but the gameplay is horrible. I really wished it would have been more of an MK style of fighting. As far as the roster goes, ROB is one of the coolest ideas ever.

davifus

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 03:21:08 pm »
For once, they are doing something nice for Platinum and they are releasing the Smash Bros demo to Club Nintendo folks who got platinum before June 30th.  We'll be able to get it soon with three extra codes.  This version of it has unlimited play compared to the one that'll be coming out on the 19th for everyone which can only be played 30 times.

http://www.destructoid.com/club-nintendo-super-smash-bros-demo-incoming-wide-release-next-week-281116.phtml

Extra codes? What?!
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 04:41:07 pm »

Extra codes? What?!

It means if you give the codes to three friends, you can do local multiplayer with them.

Also rather nifty, if you are short on controllers, you can use your 3DS as an extra controller on the Wii U.

http://www.destructoid.com/use-your-3ds-as-a-controller-for-the-wii-u-super-smash-bros--281123.phtml
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:45:08 pm by kamikazekeeg »