Author Topic: good party games?  (Read 2660 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: good party games?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 07:02:13 pm »
Also I forgot to mention before:

Raving Rabids any version.

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 04:54:45 am »
PS2:
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Muppets Party Cruise
FlatOut 2 (minigames)
Champions of Norrath
Timesplitters 2
Mashed: Fully Loaded

Buzz! games
SingStar games

maximo310

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 03:44:37 pm »
PS2:
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
If you can afford a little extra money, go with the xbox version of super monkey ball deluxe. The load times are pretty similar to the gamecube games, you can save game files directly to the hard drive, and its plays a bit smoother than the ps2 version for all modes( although both run at 30fps vs the gamecube's 60 fps). So depending what systems you have, go with the version thats for the consoles you have.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:12:19 pm by maximo310 »

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 05:40:06 pm »
PS2:
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
If you can afford a little extra money, go with the xbox version of super monkey ball deluxe. The load times are pretty similar to the gamecube games, you can save game files directly to the hard drive, and there is less slowdown than the ps2 version for all modes. So depending what systems you have, go with the version thats for the consoles you have.

I've never noticed any slowdown in the PS2 version, which minigames apparently have it?

maximo310

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 06:11:22 pm »
PS2:
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
If you can afford a little extra money, go with the xbox version of super monkey ball deluxe. The load times are pretty similar to the gamecube games, you can save game files directly to the hard drive, and there is less slowdown than the ps2 version for all modes. So depending what systems you have, go with the version thats for the consoles you have.

I've never noticed any slowdown in the PS2 version, which minigames apparently have it?
Oh sorry what I meant to say was that it seemed slow, but that's because the framerate in deluxe is half of what the gamecube titles were originally, no reflections, and background and enviornment animations are missing.  I'll correct it the info, but what I mean is that the minigames aren't as smooth or look as good as the original gamecube versions, also for thisgame some of the minigames suffer from terrible control because there is a huge dead zone in the middle of the analog sticks that can cause you to under or overshoot your movement too often,is far from being precise, and will make some actions way harder to pull off than in the original gamecube versions.  . Any version of the game will be a fun experience, although for deluxe is reccomended for the xbox over the ps2, and the first 2 monkey ball games for gamecube are recommended over deluxe from personal experience and reviews.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:27:49 pm by maximo310 »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 01:56:17 am »
As far as classic 4-player video games go, I found these enjoyable and recommendable...  Don't know if you'll agree, though.

MICROSOFT:
Xbox:
Kung Fu Chaos

NINTENDO:
Gamecube:
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

SEGA:
Dreamcast:
Chu Chu Rocket
Gauntlet Legends
Phantasy Star Online

Didn't have Multi-Tap, 4-player, or online accessories for the other systems but I heard Final Fantasy XII for the PlayStation 2 was all right.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

dreama1

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 06:53:29 am »
PS2:
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe

Oh sorry what I meant to say was that it seemed slow, but that's because the framerate in deluxe is half of what the gamecube titles were originally, no reflections, and background and enviornment animations are missing.  I'll correct it the info, but what I mean is that the minigames aren't as smooth or look as good as the original gamecube versions, also for thisgame some of the minigames suffer from terrible control because there is a huge dead zone in the middle of the analog sticks that can cause you to under or overshoot your movement too often,is far from being precise, and will make some actions way harder to pull off than in the original gamecube versions.  . Any version of the game will be a fun experience, although for deluxe is reccomended for the xbox over the ps2, and the first 2 monkey ball games for gamecube are recommended over deluxe from personal experience and reviews.
Why would you want super monkey ball on ps2 what's wrong with the gamecube version?

blipcs76

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 10:14:42 am »
try warlord for the atari 2600 or 5200 :p

Warlords is an amazing 4 player game.  Simple, but extremely hectic. 

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2014, 11:30:24 am »
Crash Bash.