Author Topic: Do I submit it the same as everyone or make a new one? SMT Nocturne  (Read 1323 times)

davifus

SMT games are known for having soundtracks for their 1st Print games. For example I have nocturne with the Soundtrack (1st print). Did everyone with nocturne (1st Print) just add the regular Nocturne file and write in soundtrack @ the notes? I wanted to make sure before I make a 1st print edition for it.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

foxhack

Re: Do I submit it the same as everyone or make a new one? SMT Nocturne
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 07:33:47 pm »
God, I wish I knew. :P

Please add it as "1st print" anyway. If people find out about the new listing they'll swap it out for that one.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 07:56:11 pm »
This does happen quite a bit with Atlus titles. If someone already put in a regular edition (with the non-soundtracked cover) and a bunch of people have already added it, I'll make a new record with the proper cover with the title stating something like "Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - Launch bundle," not unlike: http://vgcollect.com/item/5366 and http://vgcollect.com/item/48736

EDIT: Hm, I realize that wasn't the best example because the cover for the launch bundle is incorrect. Should look like
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:58:59 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 08:07:22 pm »
Well for Nocturne the only you can tell If its first print is opening it to see if it has two disc or the back cover states that it includes the Soundtrack. The front cover are completely Identical. I think I would Prefer to write it like this "Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - [1st Print]" rather than "Launch Bundle" that sounds so silly. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:13:03 pm by davifus »

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 08:11:49 pm »
K, then image can probably stay the same.  But just make sure to note the what the launch copy includes in the description field.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 08:21:22 pm »
Do we have to follow the pattern of "Launch Bundle" or is "1st Print" a plausible choice too? If we need it to keep it uniform then I'll make it with "Launch Bundle".

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 08:41:45 pm »
I prefer 1st print, but whatever the consensus is would be best.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 09:58:12 pm »
Mm "first print" sounds fine to me but I know I've done "launch bundle" or "launch edition" before.  Any of the other mods have preferences?  We don't have it noted in the style guide just yet.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 11:46:28 pm »
Mm "first print" sounds fine to me but I know I've done "launch bundle" or "launch edition" before.  Any of the other mods have preferences?  We don't have it noted in the style guide just yet.

That's because no other company is anal enough to do multiple prints like that. :P

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 03:21:35 am »

That's because no other company is anal enough to do multiple prints like that. :P

Haha, yeah, it really does feel like an Atlus thing to do of making their first runs essentially a free upgrade to a collector's edition.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 02:07:17 am »
Well I made it with [1st Print]

I need someone in VGC with the non 1st print to fix the back cover of the other Nocturne (Scan it) because it has the back cover of the first print.

argyle

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 03:40:39 pm »
I just submitted an edit to The Evil Within's US PS4 entry adding a (1st Print) to the end of it. From my understanding, only the first run will have the slipcover, reversible case art & dlc pack included so I added that to the description. I debated creating a new entry, but at this point everyone who's added it would have to have the first print edition anyway so it seemed to make more sense to edit the existing one.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis