Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34355 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2014, 11:58:28 pm »
I forgot to check the mail yesterday. Just got home, and grabbed it and look what was waiting for me inside! It made this retro-gamer's day!

I won these in an eBay auction for only $3.99, really looking forward to reading them. The Game Players issue is over 200 pages! They just don't make them like that anymore. And I have never read an issue of Sega Visions before.

Sega Visions is like the Playstation Magazine of the Genesis era. Not a bad mag but definitely there to showcase product and not to provide unbiased reviews. :)

« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2014, 12:48:17 am »
Picked up Monster Rancher 2 for the PS1 among other things for cheap today.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2014, 06:13:57 am »

didn't you retire :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »
Got this today at GameStop:

Which brings my 3DS physical game count to a whopping 5 games! (New SMB 2, Super Mario 3D Land, DKC Returns 3D, LoZ: Link Between Worlds, and this one.)

And that's all I want, until some other games come out on it. The N64 remakes I'd rather play on an N64 with a T.V., and the straight console ports I'd rather play on a console.

I REALLY hope we get a new Metroid handheld game on 3DS at some point; a PROPER Metroid handheld game. Not some stupid vs. game like we got on DS.

Warmsignal

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2014, 02:35:32 am »

Which brings my 3DS physical game count to a whopping 5 games! (New SMB 2, Super Mario 3D Land, DKC Returns 3D, LoZ: Link Between Worlds, and this one.)

And that's all I want, until some other games come out on it. The N64 remakes I'd rather play on an N64 with a T.V., and the straight console ports I'd rather play on a console.

I REALLY hope we get a new Metroid handheld game on 3DS at some point; a PROPER Metroid handheld game. Not some stupid vs. game like we got on DS.

*looks at shelf*

What about Luigi's Mansion? That's not simply a GameCube port ya know. You're saying Batman is better than Luigi?  :o What about Paper Mario? Kid Icarus? Yoshi's New Island?  I know there's already like 50 new Prof Layton games, Pokemons, Bros that smash one another... none of this is appealing??  ???

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2014, 01:14:33 pm »

*looks at shelf*

What about Luigi's Mansion? That's not simply a GameCube port ya know. You're saying Batman is better than Luigi?  :o What about Paper Mario? Kid Icarus? Yoshi's New Island?  I know there's already like 50 new Prof Layton games, Pokemons, Bros that smash one another... none of this is appealing??  ???

Nope. Luigi's Mansion doesn't look fun to me at all, maybe if it was a proper platformer. I didn't like Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door, it was too silly for my tastes, so I doubt I'd enjoy later entries in the series. And Yoshi games are just too cutesy for me. Never been into Pokémon. And Smash Bros. is a game I feel that once you've played one you've played them all, I'm not a fighting game fan either.

Basically I want 2D platformers, action-RPGs, shoot-em ups, beat-em ups, and good action games.

There's still plenty of regular DS games on my wishlist, though. And Shinobi is a 3DS one I might pick up if I come across it cheap, it's just not a must-have for me since I already own a lot of Shinobi games.

davifus

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2014, 02:04:22 pm »
Picked up Senran Kagura LE & Tears of Tiara
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2014, 02:45:40 pm »
Got my copy of Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (PS3) in the mail today. Wow, that artbook sure is tiny. It's not bad though, considering the price of the game.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2014, 04:08:03 pm »
Basically I want 2D platformers, action-RPGs, shoot-em ups, beat-em ups, and good action games.

As for shmups, I heard that Nano Assault is great, I'm looking for it myself! Maybe you would like it too.  :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2014, 04:35:07 pm »

As for shmups, I heard that Nano Assault is great, I'm looking for it myself! Maybe you would like it too.  :)

Oh yeah, I saw a review of that. That did look neat.

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »

didn't you retire :o

haha no not yet, I'm still like 300ish games away from that, and that's not including all the cool shit that keeps on coming out from Nintendo ;)

Warmsignal

« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2014, 01:31:25 am »

Nope. Luigi's Mansion doesn't look fun to me at all, maybe if it was a proper platformer.

Ever play the GameCube game? Platformer or not, the series is really good. Leave the platforming to Mario, and the ghost wranglin' to Luigi. :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2014, 01:33:37 am »
All today:

Luigi I found just sitting there on a thrift store shelf all unloved and by himself.

Yoshi's Island for GBA I got from fellow vgcollector Krelyan.

.hack // INFECTION I picked up CIB at Goodwill for $6. The discs are mint.

« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2014, 04:39:17 am »
Goodies found at a thrift shop today.  Funny enough, just bought Twisted Metal 3 the other weekend, though that was in slightly better condition lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2014, 12:01:36 pm »
Funny enough, just bought Twisted Metal 3 the other weekend, though that was in slightly better condition lol

Then why buy this one?