Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34500 times)

abe

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2014, 07:03:09 pm »

I got that coin, too! I received it a few months back at the Smash-Fest event. Actually got 2, because my boyfriend gave me his  ;D That way I can display both sides at the same time!

Any rec. on how to display it? BestBuy gave me the coin in a damage plastic case and has a small nick on the top of the coin.

You could frame it in a nice little shadow box and put it up on a wall somewhere.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2014, 07:10:03 pm »

I got that coin, too! I received it a few months back at the Smash-Fest event. Actually got 2, because my boyfriend gave me his  ;D That way I can display both sides at the same time!

Any rec. on how to display it? BestBuy gave me the coin in a damage plastic case and has a small nick on the top of the coin.

You could frame it in a nice little shadow box and put it up on a wall somewhere.

Thats a good idea, but do they sell Shadow Boxes that small?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2014, 07:13:52 pm »

Thats a good idea, but do they sell Shadow Boxes that small?

I would imagine you should be able to find one a some kind of specialty art or framing store. I'm not sure exactly how large those coins are or how small of a box you're looking for though. I'd check at a Michaels store if you have one locally, they have a pretty good selection of frames and shadow boxes for displaying things in.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2014, 10:07:58 pm »
I had a solid day of digging today. Had a first for me. I found SMS games out in the wild. I've seen them in game stores, but never at a dirt mall/thrift store/yard sale. So, here we go.

SMS
Alex Kid in Miracle World
Alien Syndrome

Wii
Mini Desktop Racing
Resident Evil 4
Spy Games: Elevator Mission
London Taxi: Rush Hour

GameCube
Beaten Kaitos
PK Out of the Shadows
Army Men RTS
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary

NES
Star Voyager CIB

PS1
Final Fantasy VII black label

PS2
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando sealed

karyann

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2014, 11:45:03 pm »

I like the shadow box idea! I was thinking of putting them on a little stand or something...Like these tiny easels that aren't called easels but I forgot the name, on which people often display their handheld systems. But on a smaller scale, of course.

As for pick-ups, I don't have them in my hands yet, but a friend got me a nice haul from a guy he knows!

Playstation 1
Final Fantasy Tactics - 5$
Monster Rancher Battle Card 2 - 2$

Playstation 2
Monster Rancher 3 - 5$
Monster Rancher 4 - 5$

Nintendo DS
Magical Starsign - 5$

NES
Faxanadu - 3$

I'm really happy about this!  :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:50:33 pm by karyann »

davifus

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2014, 11:51:30 pm »

I thought about it too but I dont think they have anything smaller than this size.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2014, 08:59:16 am »
I use these

You can move it front to back. They are sold here as mineral displays.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2014, 10:21:16 am »
This spans over quite some time but I haven't put any of them here yet so here you guys go

PC/DOS
Cyborgirl - 50p
Chessmaster 6000 - 75p
Call To Power II - £1
Star Wars: Empire at War - This was part of a trade I did with my friend Matt. I gave him MGS 1 and 4 in return.
Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption - Part of the above-mentioned trade
Doom: Collector's Edition - £1
Sims 2 - £1

PS2
SBK 07 - 50p
Enter the Matrix - 50p

PS3
DMC: Devil May Cry - Part of the above-mentioned trade

Xbox
Star Wars: Obi-Wan -£3
Star Wars: Battlefront -Free, thanks to an awesome friend :D

PS1
Tomb Raider - £1

GBA
Narnia - The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - 25p

GBC
Game Boy Color
Thunderbirds
Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal - All were given to me by a friend in return for Quake 4 and Perfect Dark Zero for Xbox 360

foxhack

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2014, 01:57:12 pm »
This spans over quite some time but I haven't put any of them here yet so here you guys go

PC/DOS
Cyborgirl - 50p
Chessmaster 6000 - 75p
Call To Power II - £1
Star Wars: Empire at War - This was part of a trade I did with my friend Matt. I gave him MGS 1 and 4 in return.
Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption - Part of the above-mentioned trade
Doom: Collector's Edition - £1
Sims 2 - £1

PS2
SBK 07 - 50p
Enter the Matrix - 50p

PS3
DMC: Devil May Cry - Part of the above-mentioned trade

Xbox
Star Wars: Obi-Wan -£3
Star Wars: Battlefront -Free, thanks to an awesome friend :D

PS1
Tomb Raider - £1

GBA
Narnia - The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - 25p

GBC
Game Boy Color
Thunderbirds
Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal - All were given to me by a friend in return for Quake 4 and Perfect Dark Zero for Xbox 360

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I believe that The Sims 2 and Star Wars: Empire at War are bootlegs. I've seen that same cover header on some bootleg games I've found in this region, not to mention the T rating in an European game... :o

Nice finds, though.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2014, 02:17:15 pm »

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I believe that The Sims 2 and Star Wars: Empire at War are bootlegs. I've seen that same cover header on some bootleg games I've found in this region, not to mention the T rating in an European game... :o

Nice finds, though.

Hm? I thought they looked pretty official - I mean I've seen that type of box around before, but I'm relatively new to PC collecting so I'm not sure. But hell, they work and they still have manuals so it doesn't matter much, well, not to me at least :P
Bit of a shame though. I'm trying to get a full Star Wars game collection so obviously I'll want the best possible versions of each game so having a potential bootleg is a bit of an annoyance.

foxhack

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2014, 02:24:18 pm »

Nice finds, though.

Hm? I thought they looked pretty official - I mean I've seen that type of box around before, but I'm relatively new to PC collecting so I'm not sure. But hell, they work and they still have manuals so it doesn't matter much, well, not to me at least :P
Bit of a shame though. I'm trying to get a full Star Wars game collection so obviously I'll want the best possible versions of each game so having a potential bootleg is a bit of an annoyance.

Double check, I might be wrong. There's some weird companies out there.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2014, 02:36:27 pm »

Double check, I might be wrong. There's some weird companies out there.

You may actually be onto something. I've scoured eBay and Amazon and I can only find one version of Empire At War similar to mine, and nothing for Sims 2. Maybe I just happened to stumble upon some random US imports or maybe they were released under a different range by another company, but there does seem to be a good chance these are bootlegs. But, like I said, if they are bootlegs, at least they're good quality bootlegs, eh? ;)

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2014, 06:17:59 pm »
Trade in day at the game store and got a few things I've been needing for the collection.  In particular I got the Time Crisis package, mostly just for the gun, so that I can then look to get Resident Evil: Dead Aim one of these days lol

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2014, 06:39:47 pm »
Trade in day at the game store and got a few things I've been needing for the collection.  In particular I got the Time Crisis package, mostly just for the gun, so that I can then look to get Resident Evil: Dead Aim one of these days lol

I'll give you a dollar for that Four Swords. I have it, but mine is sealed.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2014, 06:43:01 pm »
Goodwill pick-ups:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 10:42:26 pm by burningdoom »