Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 33195 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2014, 09:26:20 pm »
Swung by GS today and found these:

IMG_4300

I've never even heard of Spyborgs, but I figured it was worth $2 to take a gamble on a Capcom title. :)

Congrats on picking up Bully for the Wii. It's the definitive version. :)

davifus

« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2014, 11:18:44 pm »
Got an extra Ps3 slim with cord and two controllers from a friend. Getting the games on a later time. I might also get his Xbox 360 slim free too.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #302 on: November 01, 2014, 01:04:08 am »
I've never even heard of Spyborgs, but I figured it was worth $2 to take a gamble on a Capcom title. :)

I've heard it's not bad, just nothing special. I think it's definitely worth what you payed for it, though I haven't played it yet for myself.

In spite of the fact that they're not what they once were, I'm still a bit of a Capcom fanboy. :)

Congrats on picking up Bully for the Wii. It's the definitive version. :)

I was very pleasantly surprised by that one. I had checked local inventory for it just earlier this week & supposedly no one in my area had it. I stopped by that GS this afternoon just because I hadn't been by there in a while, so when I saw that they had it complete & in very good condition, I jumped on it. Played it on the PS2 back when it first came out but never finished it, so I wouldn't mind going through it again.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #303 on: November 01, 2014, 07:13:08 am »
Yay mail time! ;D Today I got some Japanese imports.
-Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA (PSP)
-Summon Night 5 (PSP)
-Tales of Vesperia (PS3) (PlayStation3 the Best edition)

Still waiting for my Tales of Vesperia ughhh

I lied apparently the package was on my desk but I didn't notice because I fell asleep when I got home.

Do you think this ToV deserve it's own entry? It's a reprint celebration for Tales 20th anniversary and there is a sticker saying that, however it's on the shrink wrap. I haven't opened it yet so I dont know if it say anything else about the 20th anniversary in the case.

My copy is the same as yours, I added it to the database here: http://vgcollect.com/item/70676 as the standard PlayStation3 the Best edition. As far as I could see, there's nothing aside from that Tales 20th Anniversary sticker on the plastic to make it any different than the first print of the PlayStation3 the Best edition.

I just figured out that there is a minor difference in the box art of the reprint from the original PS3 the Best edition, and the BLJS# and barcodes are different for the two as well. However, the entry I made is the correct one with the correct codes and box art for the version we have.

Admin question here, should the submitted release date be the date the version the entry is for was printed, or is it for the original release of the base game? For instance, the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia came out in 2009, but the game's PS3 the Best edition was just rereleased back in October 2014. Do I submit the release date for this entry http://vgcollect.com/item/70676 as September 17th, 2009 (original release date of the first version of the game) or October 9th, 2014 (the date that this specific version was re-released on).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:20:38 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #304 on: November 01, 2014, 07:39:06 am »
I'm not an admin but I'll help.

Put the date of the version described. Super Mario Bros for Wii VC shouldn't have a release date of 1985.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #305 on: November 01, 2014, 09:40:06 am »
Swung by GS today and found these:

IMG_4300

I have a rule where I will just buy a game even if I know nothing about it if it has capcom or konami on the box and it's 3 dollars or less.

« Reply #306 on: November 01, 2014, 10:19:59 am »
picked up a free playstation from someone i knew who was throwing it out. I might hold onto it for a while if it works well.

davifus

« Reply #307 on: November 01, 2014, 10:22:44 am »
-Summon Night 5 (PSP)

I lied apparently the package was on my desk but I didn't notice because I fell asleep when I got home.

Do you think this ToV deserve it's own entry? It's a reprint celebration for Tales 20th anniversary and there is a sticker saying that, however it's on the shrink wrap. I haven't opened it yet so I dont know if it say anything else about the 20th anniversary in the case.

My copy is the same as yours, I added it to the database here: http://vgcollect.com/item/70676 as the standard PlayStation3 the Best edition. As far as I could see, there's nothing aside from that Tales 20th Anniversary sticker on the plastic to make it any different than the first print of the PlayStation3 the Best edition.

I just figured out that there is a minor difference in the box art of the reprint from the original PS3 the Best edition, and the BLJS# and barcodes are different for the two as well. However, the entry I made is the correct one with the correct codes and box art for the version we have.

Admin question here, should the submitted release date be the date the version the entry is for was printed, or is it for the original release of the base game? For instance, the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia came out in 2009, but the game's PS3 the Best edition was just rereleased back in October 2014. Do I submit the release date for this entry http://vgcollect.com/item/70676 as September 17th, 2009 (original release date of the first version of the game) or October 9th, 2014 (the date that this specific version was re-released on).

Well this ToV is technically a reprint of a reprint, so my guess is when it was re-released. I assumed the BLJS# is different but what part of the front art is different?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 11:19:23 am by davifus »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #308 on: November 01, 2014, 05:30:45 pm »
Got some Atari 2600 manuals I was missing and a few 7800 games for the 7800 I don't have because it was only $8.

I also picked up a Playstation copy of Wing Commander 3 with case, discs, and manual for $8 because Mark Hammil is in it.

pacpix

« Reply #309 on: November 01, 2014, 05:59:34 pm »
You should enjoy that copy of Centipede on 7800.   The 7800 version has a two player co-op mode that is a lot of fun!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

abe

« Reply #310 on: November 01, 2014, 06:35:01 pm »
-Summon Night 5 (PSP)

Well this ToV is technically a reprint of a reprint, so my guess is when it was re-released. I assumed the BLJS# is different but what part of the front art is different?

Original PS3 the Best edition:

2014 Reprint

I'm not an admin but I'll help.

Put the date of the version described. Super Mario Bros for Wii VC shouldn't have a release date of 1985.

That makes sense, thanks. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #311 on: November 01, 2014, 07:37:57 pm »
Ok I get it. I probably scan my Tov with the sticker on it so we easier tell the difference.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #312 on: November 01, 2014, 10:36:14 pm »
delete.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:39:32 pm by fighterpilot562 »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #313 on: November 02, 2014, 02:55:04 am »
I have a rule where I will just buy a game even if I know nothing about it if it has capcom or konami on the box and it's 3 dollars or less.

I've never thought enough about it to call it a rule, but really I'm about the same way. Just add Atlus to that list as well. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #314 on: November 02, 2014, 08:30:56 am »

I've never thought enough about it to call it a rule, but really I'm about the same way. Just add Atlus to that list as well. ;)

I'm doing that with Atlus, but adding Konami and Capcom to that would be a pretty good idea!  :D

As for recently added, a few days ago I got a cool package from Argyle including Cooking Mama and the awesome Sword of Mana postcard that's in my signature right now! And I also bought Shifting World on Amazon for $10. I figured that even though it has bad reviews, it seems quirky enough for me to want to try it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:34:44 am by karyann »