Author Topic: Another Request... "diff" two collections to see what's unique between them  (Read 1090 times)

I know I already posted a feature request here, but that seemed to be well received so I'll keep it up. I linked my collection to someone, to see what we had in common/different and quickly realized there's no easy way to tell the difference. It would be awesome if there was a way to quickly diff between two collections, so I can see what's in my collection that's not in my friend's, and vice versa. Even better would be to specify specific parts of someone's collection... for instance, compare my NES collection with someone else's NES Sell list.

What do you guys think?

I think the comparison thing is a good idea but for me the sell/wish lists would be top priority out of the two ides you gave. As far as I can tell you can't casually browse these two lists, meaning that unless you specifically check every individual Japanese Saturn game in the database (just to use a format I'm personally interested in) you can't tell what other users are offering. Wish list appears (again, as far as I can tell) to suffer the same thing - unless I go through and check every game, I can't tell if somebody wants a game I'm trying to sell.

On a tangent some other stats might be interesting to see - top ten collectors for each format or something like that, just so you can easily go and have a nose through :)

I agree, rappo. This is a good idea, and I was thinking about it myself. Along with collection leaderboards.

jcalder8

That would be a cool idea.

I also like the thought of leader boards

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

That would be a cool idea.

I also like the thought of leader boards

Same here.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

Could be interesting. I would need more friends to compare with however!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Could be interesting. I would need more friends to compare with however!

We're all friends here, baby  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"