Author Topic: Since I'm new here maybe I'm just missing it but....  (Read 1294 times)

jcalder8

Since I'm new here maybe I'm just missing it but....
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:50:43 am »
Is there a way to see the total amount that I have spent?
A break down of amounts spent on each system?(like 50% has been spent on NES games, 20% on SNES games.... etc)
A break down for each system?(75% of my NES total was spent on Bubble Bobble 2, 1% was spent on SMB/DH, 10% on Dragon Warrior 3.... etc)
And a list of the top 10(or whatever) I've spent the most on?

If they aren't already here are there plans to add features like this?
Thanks

matt

Re: Since I'm new here maybe I'm just missing it but....
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:08:55 am »
First off, welcome to the site!

As of now there isn't anything like this but I'm sure I could work something out. Not too many people even use the cost portion (less than 3% of the items) which is probably why it hasn't been brought up.

I'll do a bit of work this afternoon and see if I can add something to your stats page:

http://vgcollect.com/jcalder8/stats

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:27:21 am »
Thanks for the welcome!

It would be very appreciated if you could do it. I'm surprised that more people don't enter the amount paid, it's something that I've always tracked.
I guess that a date purchased entry would be used by even fewer people so I won't even ask about one lol

Thanks again,
Jonathan

darko

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 01:18:55 pm »
I use it for items I've purchased since the option has been available at this site, but there's no way I can remember what I spent on something 5 years ago.

Probably why a lot of people don't track it.

matt

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:29:07 pm »
Yeah. Someone requested it when I first started development, so I added it as an optional category. I wish I had all the info. It'd be cool to see how much I've got invested.

madmax

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 02:00:40 pm »
Awesome :D
I like this feature, it makes me hate ,myself just a little more, ehehe (just kidding)

jcalder8

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 04:38:40 pm »
Awesome :D
I like this feature, it makes me hate ,myself just a little more, ehehe (just kidding)

Lol yeah I have only inputted about 150 items out of 1300 and I'm already over $1500.

I would love for it to go into each system so I could see where my money is going.

Also, since I'm already asking for things, I think it would be interesting to see where my games are coming from. So an option to add in the location of purchase could be cool.

azai392

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 06:58:45 pm »
I use the feature. I have kept all my receipts for games for many years when I remember to and enter it when I am putting it in my collection.

It definitely would be cool to see the break down of how much I spent on each system. =D

rachel

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 07:29:26 pm »
For those who use the feature, does anyone adjust for inflation? I have game that were purchased 5, 10, 15, or even 20 years ago, so I wonder if the values would be skewed beyond recognition. I've thought about using it to enter current values instead; it might be handy if I start thinking about selling off parts of my collection or if I need to know the value should--heaven forbid--something happen to the games.