Author Topic: Painful Moments in Video Games  (Read 2294 times)

retroone

Painful Moments in Video Games
« on: October 16, 2014, 10:33:46 pm »
What are those moments that make you rage and throw the controller against the wall? For me its painfully hard achievements. For example the Yatta! achievement in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is killing me. With this achievement you must beat Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine! It's insane and its also the last achievement I need to complete the game. Ugh!

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Painful Moments in Video Games
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 11:14:36 pm »
The first goomba in Super Mario Bros. 1.

C'mon everyone be honest...

How many of you died repeated trying to take him down your first time playing nes?

:)

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 11:22:09 pm »
Having to hard-reset from a crashed game.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 12:08:29 am »
Not having save points in retro gaming! :P

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 12:21:53 am »
I don't get angry at games, really. I know some people take them so seriously they could kill when they loose, but I don't take it that far. When a game kicks my tail I usually laugh it off, then start pouting a bit, then get bored and turn it off.

Actually, I guess you could say any time through-out the memory card era when files became mysteriously corrupted. Because that's some serious BS.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:23:53 am by Warmsignal »

Warmsignal

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 12:22:35 am »
Double post due to modify/quote being too close to one another. That needs to be changed somehow.

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 12:46:27 am »
When you accidently hit the cartridge on your handheld and the game just freezes, forcing you to reset and lose all the progress you made that day; it was especially bad when you were grinding for levels in Pokemon.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 01:32:04 am »
haha, that's one reason I don't go for all achievements or trophies, not worth it. For me though, Im pretty patient with games, however I get super frustrated when a game is going along well, no big issues then all of a sudden out of nowhere the game is super difficult, Im currently playing Wolfenstein: The New order and there are a couple parts like that. I don't mind if a game is difficult from the beginning but when a game is normal and just throws a ton of hard enemies at you, it just brings my blood to a boil haha   

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 02:06:21 am »
Ninja Gaiden and the first tmnt for the NES, Breaking controllers and tvs.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 02:14:38 am »

TMNT 1 for nes is an a-hole.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 03:22:14 am »

Never could make it past the van level. That damn jump in the sewer is just impossible. Nothing Game Genie can do about it, either.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 03:32:55 am »

Never could make it past the van level. That damn jump in the sewer is just impossible. Nothing Game Genie can do about it, either.

At my best I could get all the way to shredder in the Technodrome. Always with my last Turtle. Always with 1 bar of health. Always dead seconds after the encounter.

G&D D&*^ Mother &*^%^$ Shredder.

retroone

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 09:40:12 am »

At my best I could get all the way to shredder in the Technodrome. Always with my last Turtle. Always with 1 bar of health. Always dead seconds after the encounter.

G&D D&*^ Mother &*^%^$ Shredder.
"Cowabunga? Cowa!@$# peice of dog!@$!"- AVGN

retroone

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 09:41:35 am »
What about having no continues? Or having to leave the game on all night because there is no save points? *cough* *cough* Mario 3

argyle

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 09:51:35 am »
Final boss fights that are an extreme jump in difficulty. You're going along in a game making steady progress, it has its challenging moments but nothing too severe and then when you finally get to the end - it's impossible. Feels like the developer didn't WANT you to finish their game.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis