Author Topic: Edit Accepted but picture is still the same?  (Read 1896 times)

davifus

Edit Accepted but picture is still the same?
« on: October 28, 2014, 05:34:33 pm »
I have been updating covers of some the games I have in the database. Replacing the lazy added covers with my own personal scanned items (I really need to clean my Printer lens because it has a finger smudge that bothers me when I see my scanned item).

Specifically I added Front/Back/Overall scanned picture for Conception II for the PS vita.

Everything got accepted but the front cover is still the same. I'm not sure If I submitted the wrong front cover or thrown under the bush.

http://vgcollect.com/item/51148

Cover looks likes this (Cardboard case).

Edit: I see my scanned cover in three small boxes you click to cycle through Front, Back, Disc/cart but it doesn't change the cover when I click on the front cover selection box. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:38:20 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

Re: Edit Accepted but picture is still the same?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 05:39:37 pm »
What's wrong with the one that's there? Personally I prefer a squared-off shot that fills the entire pace over an angled photo, but that's just me. Regardless, it IS the same cover and the one that's there isn't low-res or anything...  ???
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 05:46:09 pm »
Just press Ctrl+F5 to get a non-cached version of the page. You're just viewing an old version of the entry page.

davifus

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 05:47:38 pm »
What's wrong with the one that's there? Personally I prefer a squared-off shot that fills the entire pace over an angled photo, but that's just me. Regardless, it IS the same cover and the one that's there isn't low-res or anything...  ???

Covers are different. The cover I added is the correct one with the text saying that the Soundtrack is included. The one before is just game case and it doesn't say anything about the Soundtrack.

davifus

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 05:48:54 pm »
Just press Ctrl+F5 to get a non-cached version of the page. You're just viewing an old version of the entry page.

Problem Solved thanks EX
I didn't expect the page to automatically go into a catched version.

argyle

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 05:50:02 pm »

Covers are different. The cover I added is the correct one with the text saying that the Soundtrack is included. The one before is just game case and it doesn't say anything about the Soundtrack.

Makes sense now, I'm seeing the cover you updated already then - yeah, sounds like you need to do a refresh. ;)

I hope to get a nice printer w/ a good scanner for Christmas so I can start scanning some of the missing/bad pic items I have that I can't find good replacements for already online. :D
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 05:59:04 pm »

Makes sense now, I'm seeing the cover you updated already then - yeah, sounds like you need to do a refresh. ;)

I hope to get a nice printer w/ a good scanner for Christmas so I can start scanning some of the missing/bad pic items I have that I can't find good replacements for already online. :D

Yeah, I need to clean my scanner glass but it requires me take apart my printer.

It frustrates me when I see LE, Colletor's, and etc entries with picture that just shows everything in the set as the front cover. I understand if its in the Cart/Disc slot but not the front. It bothers me a lot.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:00:51 pm by davifus »

karyann

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 06:27:33 pm »
It frustrates me when I see LE, Colletor's, and etc entries with picture that just shows everything in the set as the front cover. I understand if its in the Cart/Disc slot but not the front. It bothers me a lot.

Same here, I don't like when the whole set is the main picture! I don't have a preference as for side-shot vs front cover though, apart maybe that just the front cover makes listings more uniform.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »
Davifus I got nothing but love for ya... but i'm just curious as to why you take angled shots?  I also prefer them to be uniform front view shots like all the rest.  I too also like to update bad cover art on the site, so your time an effort is appreciated none the less.

davifus

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 09:59:41 pm »
Oh This picture is something I just found in Google Image. I wasnt on my personal PC to actually insert the img i used to submit so I went with the next best thing. I prefer Front view too.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 10:18:42 pm »
ahh ok, cool man.. Hey any picture is better than no picture lol.

maximo310

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 10:58:35 pm »

Same here, I don't like when the whole set is the main picture! I don't have a preference as for side-shot vs front cover though, apart maybe that just the front cover makes listings more uniform.
Yeah, I usually do the main packaging for the front cover image, and then the contents for the cart/disc image because that seems like the most logical format. Having the contents for the main front cover can be really frustrating since you don't have a clear image in mind in what to look for if you're searching for the item anywhere.

argyle

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 11:12:55 am »
I also prefer main packaging for the cover, but being as I don't have a scanner right now that's worth a crap I have to make do with what I can find on the net at the time - if someone else can replace it with a better/more appropriate image, great. :)

That said, some CE's are HUGE and you can't exactly scan the box. And I *hate* weird angled non-professional photos. I can't tell you how much this image bothers me:

http://vgcollect.com/item/63677

maximo310

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 11:51:46 am »
I also prefer main packaging for the cover, but being as I don't have a scanner right now that's worth a crap I have to make do with what I can find on the net at the time - if someone else can replace it with a better/more appropriate image, great. :)

That said, some CE's are HUGE and you can't exactly scan the box. And I *hate* weird angled non-professional photos. I can't tell you how much this image bothers me:

Man, it really does look stupid in that position, and it should be changed to the upright position to make it look better.

davifus

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 12:09:45 pm »

True, The biggest thing my printer can scan is one of the hardcover strategy guides. The next best solution is taking a perfect front cover worthy picture and brushing up on your photoshop skills