Author Topic: Rare PS2/XBOX standard release games?  (Read 6654 times)

Re: Rare PS2/XBOX standard release games?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 11:08:39 pm »
Ya'll are missing Chaos Wars, RAD, Xenosaga III, Any of the Fatal Frames (both systems).

Also apparently the King's Field set (JP) is mad rare.

agwolf2097

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 07:14:34 pm »
Mind you these are genuinely rare, not just valuable. A lot of people seem to confound the words "rare" and "valuable" i've noticed.
PS2

Rez

Don't forget, the PS2 Rez got a stealth rerelease at one point, it's not quite as rare as it once was.  Sadly, there are literally no differences between the original release and the second print version... Gamestop even resorted to opening new reprints and selling them as "used" copies because the used price was higher than the new price at the time of the reprint's release.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 07:10:52 pm »
I believe Rule of Rose is the rarest standard PS2 release. It generally sells for over $200

Metal Wolf Chaos for the Xbox (japan only) goes for around $150

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 07:51:59 pm »
On Steel Battalion, do you have to have that crazy controller set-up? Or can you actually play it on a regular XBox controller? Anyone know?

maximo310

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 09:02:39 pm »
I believe Rule of Rose is the rarest standard PS2 release. It generally sells for over $200

Metal Wolf Chaos for the Xbox (japan only) goes for around $150
Rule of Rose seems to be the going for around $120-140 complete, so its the rarest release in North America. However, Ibara, which has a japan only shmup release, happens to be the overall rarest ps2 game probably because it had a limited print run like most shmups and most of the hardcore crowd that usually buys those games did not purchase this, because the gameplay was different than expected for the crowd. It usually sells for around $165-200 complete.

thecrypticodor

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 09:27:08 pm »
On Steel Battalion, do you have to have that crazy controller set-up? Or can you actually play it on a regular XBox controller? Anyone know?
It actually does requires that special controller to play it. They are currently going for $200+ on ebay.
The game and the controller originally retailed for $200 when it came out and didn't sell very well because of that. I've read that the game didn't turn a profit and just broke even for what it cost to make it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 10:58:31 pm »
It actually does requires that special controller to play it. They are currently going for $200+ on ebay.
The game and the controller originally retailed for $200 when it came out and didn't sell very well because of that. I've read that the game didn't turn a profit and just broke even for what it cost to make it.

It's cool it even exists, though. I doubt I'll ever get a hold of it. But it would be awesome to play, at least once, with the whole set-up.