Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D  (Read 10605 times)

abe

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
« on: November 05, 2014, 05:55:27 pm »
So, now that this is actually a thing... what are your thoughts on the subject? So far, Europe has a pretty cool limited edition announced. I'm excited. If they improve on the save system from the original, this very well be my new favorite Zelda game.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 06:43:24 pm »
I'm pretty excited! I didn't enjoy it as I should have back when I was a kid. I tried playing it on the Gamecube with the Collector's Edition, but my Gamecube is one of the editions that crash randomly while playing it, so I haven't played it much. I'll finally be able to play it for real!

And I want that collector's edition so freaking much... I hope that Nintendo of America won't give us the cold shoulder again, as usual lately.

davifus

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:46:21 pm »
God  >:( Europe and their shiny and durable Steelbooks...

Why Nintendo of America WHY
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 07:06:03 pm »
Yeah, Nintendo of America have been holding back on all the awesome limited editions and preorder bonuses. Hopefully we'll get this limited edition.

I'm going to stray off topic a little here, since Europe's exclusive stuff got me thinking about it. It's nice to hear that Nintendo has been more interested in getting rid of the region locking lately. I'm not sure why they even locked the 3DS though, considering none of their previous handhelds had any region locking.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:11:07 pm »
Yeah, Nintendo of America have been holding back on all the awesome limited editions and preorder bonuses. Hopefully we'll get this limited edition.

I'm going to stray off topic a little here, since Europe's exclusive stuff got me thinking about it. It's nice to hear that Nintendo has been more interested in getting rid of the region locking lately. I'm not sure why they even locked the 3DS though, considering none of their previous handhelds had any region locking.

They started the handheld locking with the DSi, actually. Though that still doesn't explain why they did it  :-\

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 07:31:35 pm »
I wonder if they're going to change any of it.

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 07:49:07 pm »
Here we go!

maximo310

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 07:51:55 pm »
I hope the limited edition comes to the U.S., otherwise it looks like I'll have to import it again. But I am excited for this game, especially since I never played the original!

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 07:53:51 pm »
I hope the special edition comes here, I hate how much Nintendo hates us lol As much of a Zelda fan that I am, I was never a fan of Majora's Mask.  I didn't like the time aspect in it at all.  I will get this cause I am a collector, but I'll give it another play to see if I like it anymore these days.

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 08:09:48 pm »
I hope the special edition comes here, I hate how much Nintendo hates us lol As much of a Zelda fan that I am, I was never a fan of Majora's Mask.  I didn't like the time aspect in it at all.  I will get this cause I am a collector, but I'll give it another play to see if I like it anymore these days.

Majora's Mask is my least favorite too for that same reason, I would love to have this though. I don't know if I will keep it sealed or not

argyle

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 08:22:07 pm »
I love Majora's Mask, it's in my top 3 and infinitely better than the dull OoT. Very happy that they're porting it, looking forward to going through it again. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 10:03:55 pm »
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious how much people are freaking out about this? Personally I'm disappointed that there's still no info on Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei.

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 10:30:49 pm »
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious how much people are freaking out about this? Personally I'm disappointed that there's still no info on Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei.

me too, still great news though

karyann

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 10:42:20 pm »

Well, it does seem a bit exaggerated just for a port, but you have to know that people have been asking for this ever since Ocarina of Time 3D (so almost since the 3DS' launch). Also, Nintendo has been a tease about it (last year's club Nintendo reward was Majora's Mask soundtrack, the mask can be seen in an obvious location you have to visit often in A Link Between Worlds, and so on), so people were hyped from their hopes.

And I'm also disappointed on no info for FE X SMT, though.

argyle

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 10:46:55 pm »

Eh, FE X SMT info would have been nice, but they showed new Xenoblade footage so honestly they could have shown a test pattern for the rest of the show and I wouldn't have cared. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis