Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D  (Read 10646 times)

desocietas

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2015, 02:13:44 pm »
At the moment, all you can do to pre order it is to walk into a gamestop, and ask a employee to use the web to store option to put in a preorder for you.You pay the full amount, and it gets shipped to your house on release date. I still can't believe how there was such little supply of these LE's, hopefully they'll be able to produce additional quantities.

It's sold out on Gamestop's website, so as far as I know you can't preorder it from them right now period.

I spoke with the bf about preorders with "web to store" option and he said that they're not related to what's available online.  So it's possible that there are still quantities available there.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2015, 03:00:19 pm »
You can still get the game at Gamestop in store if you are lucky.  Nintendo seemed to have screwed up again by extremely limiting what stores will actually get them in, but you can do the web in store option there which you have to pay the full amount of the game, but you can get free shipping or pay a reasonable amount for quicker shipping.  I strolled in this afternoon at my local store and got it.

Also fuck the scalpers.  Stuff like this should be limited per person.

As for the release, it's probably out this spring sometime if the Zelda Wii U is likely going to be released later in the year.  Gives plenty of time between them.

desocietas

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2015, 05:09:43 pm »
As for the release, it's probably out this spring sometime if the Zelda Wii U is likely going to be released later in the year.  Gives plenty of time between them.

Yep, Miyamoto had said at PSX that Majora's Mask would definitely be out before Zelda Wii U (and we figure that'll be out around the holidays... if not sooner).  So I'd estimated sometime in the spring as well.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

pacpix

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2015, 10:44:31 pm »
Sad to see this sold out so quickly :/  I usually don't go for Limited Editions, but this is very reasonably priced and one of my favorite Zelda games.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

davifus

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2015, 11:39:24 pm »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

What is this store in web option?

Is there no other method of getting this?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2015, 11:45:14 pm »

What is this store in web option?

Is there no other method of getting this?
I believe that you can go to gamestop, ask them to preorder a copy for you, pay the full price, and they place that order and send it to their warehouse so that you can recieve the game on its release date. The reason this seems to work is because there are two piles of pre-orders that gamestop has, one is from ordering it directly online, and the other is from going to the store and pre-ordering a copy. It really doesn't make much sense, but gs does things in the own way.

Best Buy had some additional preorders about two hours ago, but those sold out in 20 minutes.

pacpix

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2015, 12:27:21 am »
I'll give them one thing, they are efficient.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

davifus

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2015, 06:47:37 pm »
No luck in my GS. What other place carry the game?

desocietas

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2015, 06:48:14 pm »
I gave a call to my local shop and asked my bf about the web to store option.  It sounds like those preorders closed as of 6p last night, so those are not available now either unless they reopen the option in the future :/

Like others said, Best Buy had them available briefly, and there's always the rare chance that Amazon will have more randomly.

I don't believe preorders have opened up for other countries, but that might be an option, ha.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2015, 10:53:37 am »
Majora's Mask 3D is getting a Limited Edition New 3DS XL! It releases on February 13th, alongside the game itself. It looks pretty awesome. Both Europe and North America are going to be getting it, and hopefully Nintendo won't drastically underestimate their demand like they've been doing with the Amiibos and the Limited Edition of Majora's Mask 3D.

Here's the European trailer, the North American version shouldn't differ by much
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2015, 02:44:59 pm »
Majora's Mask 3D is getting a Limited Edition New 3DS XL! It releases on February 13th, alongside the game itself. It looks pretty awesome. Both Europe and North America are going to be getting it, and hopefully Nintendo won't drastically underestimate their demand like they've been doing with the Amiibos and the Limited Edition of Majora's Mask 3D.

Here's the European trailer, the North American version shouldn't differ by much

The underestimated the demand again and it's worse than it was for the limited edition of the game lol I went to my Gamestop to get it and the guy said they sold out 2 hours ago, which is only like 2 hours after it was even announced.

davifus

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2015, 04:07:32 pm »

The underestimated the demand again and it's worse than it was for the limited edition of the game lol I went to my Gamestop to get it and the guy said they sold out 2 hours ago, which is only like 2 hours after it was even announced.

Im not even surprised. I just want the LE of the game but that'll never happen unless I fork over ebay price :'(.

karyann

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2015, 06:02:09 pm »
The online listings were gone in the blink of an eye... Luckily, I have a super really awesome friend who was able to order one on Amazon and one at EB Games, so that I could get one of them!  :o

Just created a listing for the system, in case anybody is interested.
http://vgcollect.com/item/75496

Still, demand was once again infinitely higher than stocks...  :-\

maximo310

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2015, 06:18:16 pm »
Yeah the demand for the LE is ridiculous, and even though it is a LE, there should be limits on how many you can purchase and more of a supply since it is only $50. NoA underestimating of demand is really hurting consumers and its something they need to address.

argyle

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2015, 06:41:38 pm »
Best Buy has the MM system listed right now - dunno how long that will last, and I have been burned by Best Buy more than once recently so I'm not sure how much I trust them but it's better than nothing:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-limited-edition-gold-black/2304014.p?id=1219535294086&skuId=2304014
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis