Author Topic: Sekai Project: Clannad and WAS The Hourglass of Lepidoptera Kickstarter VN  (Read 3929 times)

davifus

I dont know If Visual Novels would fit in the Classic or Modern topic so I put it in general.
I'm not sure If we have any Visual Novel Readers here but I still have to spread the kickstarter to show my support for these three VN.

First one is one of  Key's (Company) greatest VN are coming out with a official English Release. This is atm the most popular Kickstarter. We have hit the 140k mark in about 12-14 hours which is amazing and we're still climbing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/clannad-official-english-release

The second one is WAS.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/bring-was-the-hourglass-of-lepidoptera-to-the-west?ref=users

Third one is Grisaia No kajitsu and the kickstarter for it is coming around mid-end of November.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

Re: Sekai Project: Clannad and WAS The Hourglass of Lepidoptera Kickstarter VN
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 04:41:12 pm »
That's pretty awesome. It's nice to see that we're getting more official localizations for visual novels in the west, and with physical releases too. :) It's too bad almost none of the console or handheld versions get localized though.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »
That's pretty awesome. It's nice to see that we're getting more official localizations for visual novels in the west, and with physical releases too. :) It's too bad almost none of the console or handheld versions get localized though.

With the stretch goals of Clannad & Grisaia currently unknown there is a good chance we might get console/handheld versions.

Update: Just checked #2 update for Clannad and they want our stretch goal Feedback

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:53:25 pm by davifus »

abe

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 04:54:10 pm »

With the stretch goals of Clannad & Grisaia currently unknown there is a good chance we might get console/handheld versions.

That would be pretty awesome. I've never backed a Kickstarter campaign before but I think I might back this one, since I really want a physical copy of Clannad. It seems worth it to me.

It will be interesting to see how well the Kickstarter campaign goes for Grisaia no Kajitsu since (at least in my opinion) it's not as well known in North America as Clannad is.

davifus

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 04:59:44 pm »

That would be pretty awesome. I've never backed a Kickstarter campaign before but I think I might back this one, since I really want a physical copy of Clannad. It seems worth it to me.

It will be interesting to see how well the Kickstarter campaign goes for Grisaia no Kajitsu since (at least in my opinion) it's not as well known in North America as Clannad is.

Yeah, I'm about 80% done with Clannad Full Voice and I stopped because of this Kickstarter and willing to put it off until then. I'm happy as long I get a Nice Physical Copy of the Game, and Music (which I'am).

I'm probably most excited for Grisaia. I'm constantly checking my email this month for the Kickstarter notification. Absolutely love the game (About 90% in the game) and I hopeing to the get Prequel and sequel with the Grisaia Kickstarter.

abe

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 05:04:22 pm »

Yeah, I'm about 80% done with Clannad Full Voice and I stopped because of this Kickstarter and willing to put it off until then. I'm happy as long I get a Nice Physical Copy of the Game, and Music (which I'am).

I'm probably most excited for Grisaia. I'm constantly checking my email this month for the Kickstarter notification. Absolutely love the game (About 90% in the game) and I hopeing to the get Prequel and sequel with the Grisaia Kickstarter.

I just saw your updated post with:

I can already feel my money draining from my wallet. :o Fancier boxed versions and console ports? Hell yeah! ;D

davifus

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 05:07:40 pm »
Yeah, I'm already $225 deep into the pledge. It might increase because of the new stretch goals. I'm happy that this kickstarter is 60 days long. I'll have time to save more money.

abe

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 05:12:00 pm »
Yeah, I'm already $225 deep into the pledge. It might increase because of the new stretch goals. I'm happy that this kickstarter is 60 days long. I'll have time to save more money.

I'll probably drop the $50 for a physical copy of Clannad, maybe a bit more so I can get the physical soundtrack too. I'll definitely pledge even more to get some of the console versions localized. It would be awesome to get the Vita version in english.

davifus

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 05:21:03 pm »

I'll probably drop the $50 for a physical copy of Clannad, maybe a bit more so I can get the physical soundtrack too. I'll definitely pledge even more to get some of the console versions localized. It would be awesome to get the Vita version in english.

I just the check the pledge list and there were Physical Copy Tiers. I guess they added them way later. I would probably rec. the $175 tier, which is the one I have.

karyann

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 05:31:07 pm »
Oh my gosh! If they go for a Vita release (or anything not PC nor Xbox, for that matter), I SO totally want it! Then again, if it's for Clannad, I could even settle for a PC version. I'm really excited for this!

davifus

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 05:49:59 pm »
I redid my pledge and aimed for only physical items.

$50 tier - Physical Copy
+$35 3 CD OST
+$30 B2 Tapestry
+$25 Shirt
= $140

I'm considering to add the digital Fanbook & Mabin Song Arrangments but I'll wait until new updates on the Stretch goals.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:51:46 pm by davifus »

abe

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 06:22:14 pm »

$50 tier - Physical Copy
+$35 3 CD OST
+$30 B2 Tapestry
+$25 Shirt
= $140

I'm considering to add the digital Fanbook & Mabin Song Arrangments but I'll wait until new updates on the Stretch goals.

How do you add the add-on rewards to your pledge? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to add the physical copy of the OST to the physical copy pledge.

Right now I'm looking at getting:
$50 tier - Physical Copy
+$35 3 CD OST

davifus

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 06:38:38 pm »

$50 tier - Physical Copy
+$35 3 CD OST
+$30 B2 Tapestry
+$25 Shirt
= $140

How do you add the add-on rewards to your pledge? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to add the physical copy of the OST to the physical copy pledge.

$50 tier - Physical Copy
+$35 3 CD OST

Click on the $50 Tier & When a box should pop up for If should ask If you wanted to pledge any more. For you it'll be $85. If you mess up you can always manage the pledge again.

abe

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 07:07:04 pm »

$50 tier - Physical Copy
+$35 3 CD OST
+$30 B2 Tapestry
+$25 Shirt
= $140

$50 tier - Physical Copy
+$35 3 CD OST

Click on the $50 Tier & When a box should pop up for If should ask If you wanted to pledge any more. For you it'll be $85. If you mess up you can always manage the pledge again.

Hm, I still haven't quite gotten it figured out. I'll fix it later I guess. For now, I have gotten my $50 pledge in for the physical edition. I'm so excited! ;D Too bad it won't be done for another year. :(

davifus

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 07:22:12 pm »
I'll snip in some pictures later for a better explanation