Author Topic: F-Zero pretty much ROCKS!  (Read 927 times)

F-Zero pretty much ROCKS!
« on: January 25, 2012, 11:30:53 pm »
Have you guys ever wanted to play a classic franchise but never had the chance to?
I've always wanted to play F-Zero for the SNES, I rented the gamecube version a long time ago and liked it but I wanted to know where the series got it's start. Unfortunatley I was never able to find a copy for less than $15 and I didnt want to pay that much, so guess how excited I was to find a copy at the thrift store for a measly $2.50, and I can honestly say Im kind of in love with this game, I realize this game, along with Pilotwings which I also love, was just really to show off Nintendo's new Mode 7, but my god I really am addicted to this game and am already halfway through expert mode.
What games did you guys have this expericence with?

matt

Re: F-Zero pretty much ROCKS!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 07:14:33 am »
I played the original F-Zero and Mario Kart to death as a child. Loved them. As for showing off mode-7, at the time I was blow away by NCAA Basketball on SNES.

scott

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:25:15 am »
F-Zero is one of my all time favorite SNES games. I never owned it but played it at my cousin's constantly. I've always meant to buy it but never gotten around to it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 11:48:11 am »
I actually hated the Gamecube's F-Zero. It felt like they made the game way too hard for its own good.

The SNES one was excellent on normal difficulty, and tough but beatable on hard.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 04:59:55 pm »
I had this experience with the Lunar games and Popful Mail for the Sega CD.  I owned a Genesis when I was about 12 and remember reading about these games but never being able to afford the Sega CD.  But a few years later I was able to play the Lunar games on PS1, it wasn't until last year that I finally got to play Popful Mail.