Author Topic: New Years Gaming Resolutions (2015 EDITION!!!)  (Read 2838 times)

New Years Gaming Resolutions (2015 EDITION!!!)
« on: November 29, 2014, 12:35:36 pm »
With the final month of the year about to begin, I thought I'd throw up the gaming resolutions thread for 2015. So pretty much what video game related resolutions do you have for the new year? This can be anything from beating a really hard game(s), completing a certain sub collection within your overall collection, or beating a certain number of video games in 365-days. It's up to you!

Here are mine for 2015:

- Finish my PS2 collection. I'm currently only 5 games away so it shouldn't be too hard

- Get my PS1 want list to under 10 games by the end of the year. I have some very hard to find (and expensive) and titles to get so I feel like having less than 10 to go is pretty ambitious. I have around 30 games left on my PS1 want list as of right now.

- Work on the shelving situation in my game room so I can actually display 100% of my entire collection.

- Build a gaming PC. I've been putting this off for a while, but it's time to build my dream machine!

- Beat all the main Resident Evil games (0, 1, 2, 3, CV, 4, 5, 6) consecutively. I've wanted to do this for a while, but have never gotten around to it.

So that pretty much sums of my resolutions. What resolutions for 2015 does everyone else have?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:37:16 pm by bikingjahuty »

davifus

Re: New Years Gaming Resolutions (2015 EDITION!!!)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 12:51:08 pm »
Beat more than 2 games (2014).
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 01:46:49 pm »
Great topic.

I'm not usually one for making self improvement resolutions (we should always be looking for ways to improve ourselves) but gaming resolutions I can totally get behind.

For 2015 my goals are:

* Finish out my _current_ wishlist (with a bit of luck this will actually happen in January)
* Assess what gems I missed from the last gen. (PS3 & Wii) and update my wishlist accordingly. My focus up until present has been retro stuff.
* Launch my video game you tube series. I now have all the recording gear and the games. I just need to get time away from work to do it
* Get a new job with a real work/life balance so I can spend more time with my son (recording us playing video games ;) )

With regards to the last bullet, if any of you folks know someplace that's looking for a solid Core Java developer that's a pretty good generalist to boot. PM me. Primarily looking in the Bay Area. But I'm open to relocating.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 02:01:32 pm »
Get job***

* Buy a new gameboy (gray) to replace broken one
* Save up so i can pay my buddy for his Dreamcast and PSP he is holding for me.
* Buy 3ds with Animal Crossing
* Figure out how to display all my systems and games nicely
* Wii U by end of next year.

Matter of fact, I am making it to my sig, so I am reminded of my goals daily.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:08:56 pm by fighterpilot562 »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 02:50:59 pm »
I'm not giving up on 2014 yet. Ask me again in a month.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 04:09:57 pm »
- stop making resolutions that I never stick to :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »
* Finish up my PS3 RPG collection. I'm currently missing 29 out of my list of 95, and 6 of those have yet to be released. This should be easily do-able. :)

* Continue working on picking up games from the last gen that are on my wishlist while they're still readily available in my area (aka at Gamestop) and cheap.

* Focus on finishing more games before getting sidetracked & moving on to something else. Or, fight off my ADD better. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 05:29:15 pm »
I would like to add one more bullet to my list:

* Stop starring at Disgaeniac's avatar and zoning out.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 06:46:58 pm »
Mine is basically to not fall for the PS4/Xbox hype and don't pay too much attention to western / non-niche releases as they start to go next gen exclusive. Hopefully focus my attention a bit more at my most wanted DS, NES, and PS2 games. Also, play some friggin Wii U games!

karyann

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 07:35:56 pm »

- Beat all the main Resident Evil games (0, 1, 2, 3, CV, 4, 5, 6) consecutively. I've wanted to do this for a while, but have never gotten around to it.

I've been wanting to do this with the Legend of Zelda for 2 years now. Maybe I'll finally have time now that I'll be done with school  ;D I'll be making my list later in December, but I'll probably add this in it. I'd love to finally do it.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 08:47:12 pm »
I think my main one is to try to focus more on gaming and less on collecting... I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many damn games on my backlog that haven't been touched it's not even funny. Also not totally a gaming resolution, but getting a house and getting started on making a nice gaming room is up there for me too!

abe

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 11:02:24 pm »
I'd like to stop starting new games before I finish the ones I'm already in the middle of. My backlog's not as big as many of the other users here, but it's larger than I'd like it to be.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 12:45:20 am »
I would like to add one more bullet to my list:

* Stop starring at Disgaeniac's avatar and zoning out.

LMAO!! It is quite hypnotic ;)

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 12:46:43 am »

I've been wanting to do this with the Legend of Zelda for 2 years now. Maybe I'll finally have time now that I'll be done with school  ;D I'll be making my list later in December, but I'll probably add this in it. I'd love to finally do it.

Are you going to play them in chronological order according to the Hyrule Historia timeline or some other order?

maximo310

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 01:01:07 am »
- Get more shmups
- Get more Gamecube ,Wii &Wii U games/accessories
- Get additional shelving for displaying my collection
- Get more PS3/Xbox 360 exclcusives
- Complete more games/practice on getting 1cc's for games designed around credits
- Get a bigger cabinet/power supplies for adding more gaming systems to my TV